October 2016 Featured RPG
November 2016 Featured RPG
February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have You Read the Newspaper?
You can read the latest edition Here

With the Summer heat comes the Summer Charity Events. Local pet shop 'Chirp Squeak Meow' has partnered with the Lochland Times to hold a Charity Pet Walk! Walk your pets 2.5 miles and help raise funds for animals in need.

Bachelor Auction Sign-ups have opened, and everyone is scrambling to see who will be on the block for next month's 4th Annual Charity Ball. Stay Tuned!

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open Since January 2nd, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it.

Come join the fun!

Robert Lewis Party

A friend of a friend said that someone in East Lochland was throwing a Robert Lewis Party. Are you in?

Pet Walk

Chirp Squeak Meow is organizing a Walk for Animals; a 2.5-mile walk around Unity Park. Come walk your dog for charity!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

June 15th
Look! A New Temp Forum.

June 14th
The Lochland Times is out!.

June 12th
Bachelor Auction Sign Ups! Here!.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

[C] Twist of Fate, - Nina Wallace [Em]
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 05:14 PM
Newcomer
Mara

Monday, October 3, 2016
Evening

Pulling into the drive in front of the Wallace home outside of town, Michelle sat back against her seat. Stared off into the distance and sighed. This was a conversation she was both dreading and looking forward to, a paradox if there ever was one. Something had happened a couple months prior, something that had shaken her, something she had yet to fully process the implications of herself, and so she had gone looking to her friends for advice and comfort. Already she had spoken to her best friend Lucas, but now she really coveted a woman’s opinion. No offense to Lucas; the whole situation had just made him upset. And Nina had been one of the first ones to come to mind; she would be calmer, for sure.

Michelle hadn’t given too many details over the phone, wanting to see Nina face-to-face before she explained everything. Her friend had understood, without freaking out, and said she could come over anytime for some girl talk. She could keep her husband Casey away as well. Relieved, Michelle had made plans to drive up to see Nina, already feeling better about the whole thing. And so here she was, sitting in her Jeep, looking blankly at the surrounding trees. Normally a go-getter, Type A, she was finding it just a little difficult to get the motions going, knowing what was ahead of her. But eventually, she unbuckled and shut the car door behind her, walked up to the porch and knocked on the front door.

As she waited, she glanced around, as she hadn’t actually been out here before, despite many invitations. This really was a beautiful setting, and she could see right away why both Casey and Nina loved it. It was peaceful, quiet. Not like closer to town where Michelle lived. Certainly it exuded a certain kind of lifestyle. She wasn’t sure if she herself could survive out here for any length of time, though. Michelle preferred neighbors, being close to people. The hubbub of civilization. Isolation would have driven her crazy. Her thoughts were interrupted then as she heard someone at the door and glanced back. Whether she was ready or not.

--------------------
PM
^
Nina Wallace
 Posted: Feb 1 2017, 04:09 AM
Townie
Em

When Nina received the call from Michelle, she was so surprised. She knew what the event could mean to her friend, and how heavy it was for her, and she was glad that Michelle had called her about it. Despite her wanting to get details over the phone already, Michelle wanted to meet up so Nina suggested that she come by the farmhouse and they could talk about it. It seemed like a good place to think. Nina knew that she made big decisions walking around the property or just looking out to the view. It was therapeutic, and if that was something that could help Michelle then being out there would do her some good.

She explained to Casey that she would need him to be out of the house later that evening. Michelle had something important to talk to her about, and that it was strictly just for the girls right now. Of course her husband understood that, and he decided to just spend a bit more time in the lakehouse, checking what needs to be done still, and then he would be going to town to do the grocery shopping that Nina had been planning to do with him. They were a team though, and when needed, Casey was more than willing to help in the chores around the house.

And so now Nina was alone. Casey left after dinner, and as soon as the dishes were taken care of, Nina set out to prepare some snacks for her visitor. She had coffee and tea ready, as well as some cake and pie, and they could talk over their tea.

”What is it, buddy?” Nina asked when Rex barked, looking out the window, and when she turned her head Nina saw a car approaching. ”That must be Michelle!” She smiled, then looked at the coffee maker and the water in the kettle to check if they would be ready soon. ”Let’s go boys.” She called to the dogs, and they followed at her tale as she walked over to the front door just as she heard the knock. Nina quickly looked around the living room first, making sure her house was put-together, and then she opened the door to greet her friend. ”Hey!” She smiled, reaching over to give Michelle a hug. ”Welcome, welcome… Good to see you….” She chuckled, the dogs now curious about the visitor and sniffing her out. ”Michelle, these are the boys… I promise they won’t bother our girl talk.” She said with a grin, stepping aside to let Michelle in before she locked up behind her.

”Can I take your jacket?” The weather was getting a bit cooler now that fall has come. It was beautiful outside with all the trees transitioning to the bright oranges, reds, and yellows. "Make yourself comfortable." Nina gestured to the living room. "You want coffee or tea or something? I have something brewing in the kitchen. Also cake and pie."

Clothes
PMEmail
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Feb 13 2017, 08:58 PM
Newcomer
Mara

The door swung open, flooding Michelle with its warmth and coziness. As well as her friend and her furry family members. She couldn't help but grin, despite the reason for her visit, and give Nina a tight hug in return. Instantly she felt just that much better about the whole situation. "Hello, hello!" she said as she pulled away from the embrace. "And good to see you as well. Thank you so much for letting me invite myself over," a short and friendly laugh. This was hardly a spur-of-the-moment meeting but one that had taken some scheduling.

Soon, though, she became the center of attention for the four-legged ones. Perhaps they smelled Marlin all over her and that had sparked their interest. Though if Michelle had to guess, it was probably just in the dogs' nature to be this curious when new humans entered their home. She knelt down to get more on their level and gave each of them a good pet and rub and scratch behind the ears. And immediately got on their good side, if she hadn't been already. "Oh, I wouldn't mind if they did... They're such sweethearts. Aren't you, guys?" A smile for the furry ones before she pressed her hands on her knees and straightened back up.

Focusing back on Nina, "Yes, of course," and shrugged off her brown leather jacket. It was a bit old and worn, but she loved it. Just the perfect amount of coverage for this time of year before she needed to get out the true winter coats and jackets. Underneath she was dressed simply and comfortably in jeans and a pink sweater. Her boots she pulled off and set on the mat by the door. Different people had different rules about shoes in the house, and Michelle decided to just get ahead of it. Besides, Nina had told her to make herself at home, and who went around their house with shoes on when they could be in socks or bare feet?

Michelle made her way towards the couch then. Was about to sit when her friend asked about refreshments. Looking back over her shoulder, she smiled. "Coffee would be great. Thank you." As Nina left to take care of her request, she finished the motion and sat down on a nearby couch. Gazed around the room, absorbing all of its woodsy homeyness. She hadn't been in a home like this before, and realized she was missing out. This was just the sort of place one imagined when defining the word 'home.' Of course, the mid-century ranch of her childhood had been her home as well, had its own homeyness, but it was still a bit coarse. Not to mention the ultra modern apartment of her marriage. No, this place was... like a hug she never knew she needed.

--------------------
PM
^
Nina Wallace
 Posted: Feb 15 2017, 01:56 AM
Townie
Em

It was good to see her friend again. Nina smiled as she watched Michelle interact with the dogs. ”That’s Rex,” She introduced, pointing to the excited dog who was very eager to know who this new human is. ”That’s Nai’a,” She then said, pointing to her border collie who had made himself very at home in the farm since she moved in. ”And this fella right here is Sir Rufus. Or just Rufus. I like adding Sir because he’s the wise one.” Nina grinned. ”Boys, this is my friend Michelle. You be good, okay?”

She let them all be acquainted, and then as she kept her friend’s coat, she took some cute slippers for her to wear since she saw her take off her boots. ”Coffee it is.” She smiled, putting the slippers by Michelle’s feet. ”You can wear those if you’d like. I just washed them.” She has slippers for the guests they had if they would rather not walk barefoot in their home. Nina was usually barefoot, like today, but on extra cold days she wore fluffy things on her feet.

Nina headed to the kitchen to get the coffee for Michelle and herself. ”I have pie and cake. Would you like some? Casey bought me a triple chocolate cake the other day when I was craving for it.” It was almost that time of the month and she craved something very specific. Her husband was very kind and actually went to town to buy it for her. ”And then I have some pecan pie that I made myself, too.” She called out, listening for what her friend preferred--if any--and nodded her head. When she headed back to the living room where the dogs were keeping Michelle company, she had with her a tray with coffee and the sweets they preferred.

”I asked Casey to do groceries after other errands he has to do today so we have the house all to ourselves.” She informed her friend as she set the brewed coffee in front of her. ”Cream and sugar?” She asked, pointing to her little set. She had the coffee on the Pooh and Eeyore cups her brother, Eiji, had gotten her for her birthday. Most of the things they had at home were from Casey's home, but she did bring over her favorite things from her apartment, and the rest that she didn't need was put up on a yard sale. She liked being gifted things she could use around the house, and the presence of her own things there made the house look more like something she and Casey lived in as opposed to what he used to live in with his parents.

Not that she ever wanted to completely change Casey's home, oh no. Nina kept most of what was there when she moved in. She just added a few little items that said how that was now Casey's home with his wife. It still had that cozy homey feel to it that she loved. She had kept all the decorations they had there, actually, not wanting to take away anything memorable.

”So…” She started, looking to her friend. ”You met Kris, huh?” She knew it was a big deal, and she could only imagine what kind of heavy tension there was in that meeting. It almost reminded her of that time Casey met Alex again after so long. ”Are you alright? How’d that go?” She was not sure how Michelle wanted to start the talks, but it was what she came for and she did not want to steer the conversation away from it with her rambling.

Clothes
PMEmail
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Feb 18 2017, 11:16 PM
Newcomer
Mara

Once this was all over, Michelle thought she would bring up to Nina the possibility of a playdate for their dogs. Marlin was sure to have a blast hanging out with Rex and Nai'a and Sir Rufus. Either she could bring the husky back up here to the Wallace place, or maybe they could just meet in the park in town. She sometimes felt bad for Marlin, having to be cooped up at home all day while she was at work. Of course, she spent as much as her time at home with him as she could, going for evening walks or rough-housing in the backyard. But now she had been considering lately that a dog walker or pet sitter might be in order for him.

"Thank you," she said, when Nina took her coat and then offered a pair of cozy slippers to wear indoors after she had removed her boots. She would have been fine in socks but could not pass up the opportunity to put something warm back on her feet. Her friend then asked her if she wanted anything to eat. For now, she shrugged it off, telling Nina she was okay with just the coffee. But then on second thought, realizing what she would be talking about in a few minutes, asked for chocolate. Michelle was not normally a comfort eater, but desperate times and all that.

When her friend returned to the living area, she gratefully accepted her coffee, and took a sip right away, suddenly feeling cold, despite the heat of the room and the thickness of her sweater. The closer she got to the moment, the more apprehension she felt. Michelle did not feel like herself. All of her confidence, the ability to tackle any problem or issue. It all dissolved when Kris dominated her thoughts. Because she had already told Lucas, telling Nina would not be so hard. But it was still fairly unknown territory for this woman. And so just murmured agreement when the subject of Casey staying away came up; she had no words.

Her eyes snapped up to Nina's with surprise. Then a grateful smile passed across her face briefly. Her friend must have known how painful this was and just ripped off the Band-Aid for her. Somehow, it made it easier, now that it was out in the open. Michelle nodded. "I did. It was... weird." Not that she had not seen him since the divorce; she had already done that twice, but Marlin had been there to break the tension, distract her thoughts. This time... "I was leaving work, going to my car... and he was just there. In the parking lot. I thought I was hallucinating at first, hearing his voice, calling me. But then I looked... and I wasn't."

A deep breath and more coffee before setting down the cup in front of her. Leaning forward and resting her arms on her knees but still keeping her gaze on Nina. "I was cold to him... did not want to listen to him. Any explanation of why he had just showed up there. Not that I would have believed him anyway." She laughed shortly. "But it got harder and harder, with him standing right there. I'm not sure if I even remember exactly what he said... what I said... I tried to get out there as fast as I could." What she did not have to say was, 'before I did something stupid and regretful, somewhere between wanting to slap him and jump his bones.'

--------------------
PM
^
Nina Wallace
 Posted: Feb 22 2017, 08:14 AM
Townie
Em

Nina believed that there was very little chocolate cannot fix. Okay, maybe it cannot actually ‘fix’ something, but it did help a lot in making someone like Nina feel better. She took a slice of the triple chocolate cake for herself, bringing two forks just in case her friend wants to try it, had their hot coffee, and she also brought out a chocolate box from her emergency stash. Because Nina always had an emergency stash in case, you know, she needs a quick pick me up.

Nina made herself comfortable, and after she had their cups of coffee as they preferred, she wasted no time in asking her friend about the reason she had come over to her house. It was apparent that it was troubling Michelle, and it was very much like Nina to just get it out of the way already. She smiled back at her friend, giving her an encouraging look, but just kept silent when it was her friend’s time to speak.

She could feel the emotion in Michelle’s voice. Nina imagined her shocked by the sudden appearance of a man she had run away from. She imagined all the emotions flooding back--being reminded of how much love they had and how much hurt she experienced. Nina even felt her chest tighten because of it. Truth be told, she didn't know what kind of questions she would ask, or if Michelle even wanted her to ask questions. But she knew that whatever she would ask her friend would be things she would also want to know if she were in her place.

She felt for her friend though, and she hoped she didn't have to be reminded of the hurt she had. Sometimes bad things happen. Sometimes they haunt us for a while and we cannot really seem to escape them. It was a terrible thing, but often it could be resolved by healing the wound it has left us first. It was resolved by learning to accept the scar and understand why it happened.

”Oh Michelle…” Nina said, reaching out to rest her hand on her friend’s arm. ”Wow…” She shook her head, trying to put herself in her friend’s shoes. ”Sounds like it didn’t end so well…” She noted, watching her friend’s face. ”Did he try to contact you after that? And…” Maybe she’d ask questions that Michelle didn’t want to answer, but maybe they were questions that had to be brought up so that her friend could clear her mind of it. Maybe it can even help Michelle determine what it is she really wants.

”Do you think you should talk to him?” Nina asked, wondering if her friend had considered that. ”I know that would be hard but… He’s here, for some reason, do you think you want answers or you just want to forget everything?” She paused hoping she was not asking too much from her, and to just let her friend speak she put down her cup and took her cake so she can eat it and keep her mouth busy.
PMEmail
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 09:49 PM
Newcomer
Mara

Michelle still wasn't one hundred per cent sure why she was even having this conversation with Nina. Why she had done so already with her friend Lucas. It wasn't as if she needed advice: even if she was facing a problem of some sort, she generally could sort it all out on her own. Or that she necessarily needed a shoulder to cry on: she was a little shell-shocked by her ex's sudden appearance in town, but she wasn't an emotional wreck about the whole thing. Perhaps, deep down, it was just instinctual to want to be in someone's company, to just talk it all out, to not harbor a secret that would slowly poison her.

"No. Yes. I don't know. I think so. But I never answered my phone." She answered, hating herself for her indecisiveness. Of not being able to remember the situation word for word, action for action. "After... I did receive a call or two from a number I didn't recognize. It might have been Kris... or just some spam. I'll never know. I didn't answer; no voicemail was left." Plus Michelle was hard-pressed on how the man would even get her contact information. He only knew the most general of information: the town and state she was living in. For Marlin's sake, in case of emergency. All her old numbers had been ditched long ago.

She heaved a sigh and reached for her coffee, needing to do something with her hands. However, she didn't sip from it but just turned it slowly with her fingers. That was the big question, wasn't it? What did she want, if anything, from the man who she had given her whole heart and soul to and who had taken that love and stomped all over it like it had been meaningless. Michelle shrugged. "Truthfully... I'm not sure. I haven't really given it much thought." Only a small lie. The woman had stewed about it ever since that brief re-meeting but had come to no decision, just more confusion. "I suppose half of me wants to forget about him, return to my new life here, and another half of me is deathly curious."

--------------------
PM
^
Nina Wallace
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 03:58 AM
Townie
Em

Nina was thoughtful and contemplative as she listened to Michelle. She was a smart woman, and she knew what she wanted. Nina would always be one to offer her opinion or advice, but she needed to know if that was something that would be useful first. And she also had to know what all happened and how Michelle might feel about her situation.

An ex coming back and finding you is like a slap in the face when you have worked hard to move on from everything. she tried to put herself in Michelle's shoes, wondering what it could feel to suddenly have someone you love, who cheated on you, suddenly appear in front of you and enter your life again. She had been cheated on before, and it had broken her heart. That man wasn't even someone she had committed her life to, and yet she knew that if they had met again after breaking up that time, she would be a mess.

That person would be an unwelcome presence in her life. She would not have wanted to see him, and even if she had thought she had forgiven him, it could open up wounds again, or just remind you how you felt when they hurt you. Nina was healed from that past she had. She knew she had moved on from it completely, and she was thankful for the love of a man who was the world to her. But Michelle... Nina did not know just how much Michelle still felt for her ex-husband.

"Well..." Nina reached for her cup. "Maybe you can satisfy both halves?" She didn't know if that was even a good suggestion, but she knew that if she was so curious about something, and she wanted to move on, she would want to get answers first before deciding on what to do. "Which would you regret if you didn't do it? Casey asks me that when I am having a difficult time deciding on a big thing," Nina shared. "I understand you just want a new life, and I really hope the best of all happiness for you... Sometimes though... Fate brings back people in our lives. When they leave unanswered questions it is often good, I think, to get the answers. Or at least try."

It reminded her of when Casey discovered that Alex was back in town. She was a big part of his past, and they had some unfinished business that needed to be finally settled. It was important for Casey, and resolution from it was something that Nina felt he needed. "Everything happens for a reason, right? I'm also curious why, of all time, he'd show up now. What could be the reason for that? I guess since I am also curious, if I were in your shoes I would want to talk to him."
PMEmail
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Apr 3 2017, 08:02 PM
Newcomer
Mara

She turned away from contemplating her cup of coffee and looked back across at Nina. Listening to her proposition. Her friend did make a good point. Whether or not Michelle wanted to pursue it, though, was another matter entirely. The woman could see a case for both, both having advantages and disadvantages. On one hand, finally confronting Kris and hearing him out on whatever it was he had wanted to tell her when she wasn't listening before, it could put the whole thing to rest and let her move on, really move on. But on the other, it could just make the whole situation worse, tear her heart apart when it had just begun to heal itself. A struggle, to be sure.

So she didn't answer Nina right away. For once in her life in recent memory there was a decision placed in front of her that made her pause. All of the other tough choices had been easy for her. Medical school. Emergency medicine specialization. Agreeing to marry Kris. Big life changes that she had just jumped into without much of a second thought. And now this one, she was dwelling over, looking at it from a million angles, as if it was the turning point, the biggest choice of them all. When it really shouldn't be, not in comparison to all the others. Perhaps she really was making this into something more than it deserved to be. Than Kris deserved.

Michelle nodded slowly. "Yes." She did believe that everything happened for a reason. Everything that had brought her to this point. Like how she never would have moved to Lochland and met all these great friends if her marriage hadn't failed. And maybe just maybe there was a reason for Kris's reappearance in her life. Even if it was just as simple as giving her that final brick to lock him away and never need to think about him again. End that chapter and start a whole new book.

"I am curious too..." Something she had already admitted, of course. "I'm just not sure if it would be a regret if I just ignored him." When it came to Kris, she had very few regrets; despite how things had ended up, she had been happy until that moment. Counted the early years with him as the best in her life. It hadn't been all bad. Far from it. Michelle looked back down at her coffee, cooling in her hands. "But I suppose that is no reason not to do it. As you said... maybe fate has something in store, if only I would listen." Would there, could there, be any harm in listening to Kris one last time?

--------------------
PM
^
Nina Wallace
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 07:05 AM
Townie
Em

Michelle was quiet for a moment and Nina knew she was thinking of where she now found herself. It told Nina of how big a deal this was for her friend. She realized also, perhaps, how much this man had meant to her--or how deep she had been cut because of what he did.

It seems that, like Nina, Michelle was curious. But it was not so curious that she would regret not ever meeting Kris. That was something she understood. Perhaps there were questions that were better left unanswered, or wounds best left alone to completely heal or be forgotten. Michelle had a different way of coping compared to Nina, and perhaps she had just really wanted to forget about all the pain that she did not find it necessary to remind herself of them again.

Nina nodded and once more reached out to give her friend's arm a gentle squeeze. "Fate always has something brewing, I think..." For sure there was something going on, and this chance was being presented to her again for a reason... but she could still choose not to take it. "You really don't have to do it if it just doesn't feel right. But if there is one tiny thing that tells you maybe it is worth a shot, then... maybe it is? I usually listen to that tiny thing in my heart that negates what else my mind is saying. But you have to be certain you are ready for whatever you will find out."

There was really no way of knowing how things will end up, but it was good to remind oneself of this and not expect anything. She wished she had better words to lend her friend, but really all she can do was to tell her to do what felt like what she had to do. Even if it is not something she might want. "We can always wait too. See if you run into him again. Then maybe there is something going on and you have to take a step towards finding out what it is."

She didn't want Michelle to fret about it, or feel pressured into anything because of what she was saying. Nina squeezed her friend's hand and set her cup down before taking her cake again. She also picked up a fork to offer to Michelle in case she needed some chocolate to help stir things inside her. Chocolate was helpful sometimes. Perhaps it can make things clearer for Michelle.

If Michelle wanted to keep discussing it, they could. Nina was thinking of changing the subject if Michelle was uncomfortable talking about it now, but she did not want to assume anything. If Michelle did not want to discuss about Kris anymore, then they could talk about other things. She just needed to really listen to Michelle and offer her two cents if she wanted it.

((Sorry for the delay! <3))
PMEmail
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: May 2 2017, 08:43 AM
Newcomer
Mara

A smile warmed her face unbidden when Nina spoke of the tiny voice she listened to from time to time, ignoring her brain and everything else. For Michelle, it was similar, though at times that voice was much louder. Like when she had agreed to meet a classmate for kickboxing all those years ago on a whim. If she ever had to pinpoint a change in her life, that was probably the moment her risk-taking and thirst of adventure revealed itself. Before, she had been a little more cautious with her life, staying within her comfort zone. Kris had flipped that all around. For better, for worse.

Right now, however, Michelle was unsure what that little voice was telling her regarding seeing Kris again. She did know she could not trust her heart, because it obviously wanted nothing more than to be reunited with its matching pair. Fate had nothing to do with that. Her mind was much more reliable, analyzing the situation, weighing the pros and cons. Nina was right, though; no matter what she decided, she had to be certain she was willing to live with the consequences for the rest of her life. It would be final. "Yeah..."

She looked up to her friend, a wry smile now crossing her mouth. "Well, yes, I suppose if he just suddenly appears again, fate is trying to tell me something." Michelle hoped that did not happen. Another random meeting did not sound very pleasant at the moment, and she felt it would go over about as well as the first one. "But you're right... I will have to think about this some more. Not something I can just decide casually." Whether she had already shut the door on her ex or if there was still crack there, letting in light.

"Thanks," she said, accepting the fork and pulling a piece of cake closer to her. "For everything. For listening to me ramble on about Kris." Even though she had no clearer idea about what to do than she had before coming to see her friend, it had been good to talk it all through. Much more civilly than it had gone with Lucas, who had done most of the talking, well, loud arguing. "I do feel better... even if still unsure." Then, taking a bite of cake, "Mmm, this is good."

--------------------
PM
^
Nina Wallace
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 03:25 AM
Townie
Em

There was really no way of saying how Fate will choose to move from here on out, but Nina wised with her heart that her friend would have the answers she needs. Nina believed that Kris was brought back to her friend's life for a reason, but she could not tell her just what that reason was. That was something Michelle would have to discover for herself. She just believed that you don't meet ex-husbands again just because Fate thought it will be funny that they see each other again and that's it. She believed there was more to it.

"You'll figure it out when the time comes." Nina smiled, nodding at her friend. One day Michelle would have to face Kris again, and hopefully by then she would know what it is she wants.

She was thanked, and Nina perked up, shaking her head and not really thinking that she had done anything so worthy of note. "Don't mention it. I'm just glad I can help you in any way. You can ramble anytime. Pretty sure you've heard me gush on and on about Casey so we'll call it even." Friends listened to each other. Friends helped each other and were there for each other whether it was for rejoicing about a love that is found, or mourning for a love that was lost. "Aww, I'm glad you feel better." The cake helped, she was sure of it. "Thanks for opening up to me about it. I don't know how helpful I was but I do know that you will figure it out. I think the first five seconds will tell you what you really feel. After hearing news or realizing something, the first five seconds are the most real." She did not know how much sense she was making, but usually the first natural reaction was the most real and something you should take note of.

If for the first five seconds your heart soared at the sight of a past love, it could mean that that past love still had a hold on you. If you respond with surprise first, and then nothing else, then perhaps there was nothing left there to rekindle.

"Do whatever feels right, I guess. Let things fall into place naturally." Nina said, enjoying more of her beverage and the cake. "You know one of these days we have to just hang out and cook. Maybe you'd like to help me bake cookies for Casey's scouts or something, or try a hamburger looking cake maybe?" The hours had passed but it felt so quick--it was often like that whenever she was hanging out with her friend. She was glad that they were in a relationship where they could talk about serious things like this. It meant that they were in a deeper friendship than they had been before. Nina was glad to be trusted with such a touchy and personal topic. "I wish you all the best, Mich... You know, don't even worry about this. I know it's hard and hurts you and it brings back too many memories, but you've made it through those. You are stronger than you had been then. I am sure you would know how to handle things."

((OMG SO SORRY! More than a month of making you wait! I really thought I had replied to this! <3))
PMEmail
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 07:55 PM
Newcomer
Mara

She couldn't help but smile then, as Nina mentioned Casey. Because it was absolutely true. But it was never a competition, and she would never tired of listening to her friend talk, about anything. Just as Nina would be there for Michelle, any time, for any reason. Though she had had plenty of friends back in Miami, for some reason, the relationships she had gathered here in Lochland seemed deeper somehow, more down to earth. Perhaps it was just the small town atmosphere. Whatever the reason, Michelle was grateful for Nina, for Casey, for Lucas, for everyone else she had met over the last two years.

Swallowing another bite of cake. "Oh, you were extremely helpful, Nina. Even if I am still no closer to a decision or any idea of what I want to do about this whole thing... Just being able to talk it through with someone was a great benefit. More than you know." Michelle did pride herself on being able to tackle problems on her own, being her own independent woman. And for the most part, she did. But she also knew there were times when she needed to lean on her friends for support, and Nina had done that for her today.

Michelle nodded. She was sure she would figure it out, eventually. But for the moment, she was content to push that all aside and go back to it later with a fresh mind. Her face brightened at her friend's suggestion. "Yes, that would be fun... I could try to teach you one of my Cuban recipes or something, too." With her schedule, she did not get many chances to cook from scratch, but when she did, she loved to make one of her grandmother's dishes. One of the few she had gotten the old woman to reveal to her.

Cake finished, she reached for her coffee. Smiled sincerely at her friend. "Thank you... that means more than you know to me." Sipping from her cup, then continuing on: "And you are right... I will be able to deal with this, just like everything else that has come before me. My mother, my divorce..." To herself, she added: my miscarriage. "Just your encouragement gives me the hope that I will settle this, whichever path I do settle upon." Michelle reached forward across the coffee table and squeezed Nina's hand.

(((No worries!)))

--------------------
PM
^
Nina Wallace
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 02:39 AM
Townie
Em

It always helped whenever one could vent about pent up feelings. It was never healthy to keep them inside, and often even if you know what you should do, it was still good to hear advise from the people you trust. Nina was glad to have helped Michelle, even if in a small way. She was glad that she was one of those people that her friend could lean on when she needed support. Once again she reached for Michelle's arm and gave it a squeeze, offering a soft smile to express that there was no need for thanks. It was what friends do--they support each other. Nina was happy to have helped her.

Nina gasped at the mention of Cuban recipes. Her eyes widened, she nodded her head, and the grip she had on her friend's arm tightened in her excitement. "Yes! Oh my goodness, I would love that! I would love to learn a new recipe I can cook for Case. I want to keep wowing him with my cooking skills." She grinned, letting her friend's arm go now. "You know what they say... The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." It was her Pecan pie that did the trick for Casey, she believed. Or maybe those Jalapeno grilled cheese sandwiches that she made?

"Let's schedule that soon. The next time that you are free. I can spare a day for our meet-ups even when I get busy with future things." She would make time for her friend. They rarely had a chance to really bond like this after all. Sewing can be put off for a day or a few hours so that she could hang out with Michelle.

It was good to feel relieved after feeling so burdened about something, so even Nina felt that she could breathe easier after their little talk. She was confident in Michelle and knew that, when the time comes, she would know what to do. She would know how to deal with the emotions and situations revolving around the return of her ex-husband. She was strong woman. "And know that you can always turn to me and Casey whenever you need someone to back you up. We'll both be here." Nina squeezed Michelle's hand back and smiled. "Well, how about we take a little walk outside and I can show you what's new around the farm? maybe I can show you the lake house and the progress that we've made with it too. Let me know if you're up for burning the calories from the cake. I'd be happy to entertain you."

((We can continue or we can do something new for them? I am good with whatever!))
PMEmail
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 07:50 PM
Newcomer
Mara

The painful business taken care of, they moved on to safer topics briefly. She couldn't help but smile and laugh a bit at her friend's excitement at her offer. "Most definitely... and especially Casey's." Michelle had eaten with the man on a few occasions and had discovered early on about his love of food. Even when he was on a training diet, he still seemed to enjoy every bite and had no trouble making it through a full plate of food. "We must... I'll text you. Can't have your man getting bored with you," winking.

Then Nina had given her a bit of an extra boost, emotionally. And she was eternally grateful for that. "I do... and I'm so thankful for that." She smiled. Lucas had been her friend longer, probably knew her better, but sometimes he just got a little hot around the collar on matters related to her ex-husband. Plus sometimes a woman's perspective was just more valuable. But Casey could be objective as well on the subject. Having the two of them in her life meant more than they would ever know.

Coffee and cake finished, hard conversation finished, Nina suggested taking a stroll outside around the grounds. Michelle jumped at the chance to get up and stretch her legs, get her head refocused before she had to drive home. "Yes.. that sounds wonderful. Just show me the way." She pushed herself up off the couch and followed her friend to the door after helping her clear away the dishes. Swapped her slippers for her boots, re-donned her jacket, and once Nina was dressed for the outdoors, they headed off, their dog-shadows trailing after them.

Even if she hadn't settled anything in her mind about Kris, she at least felt better about the whole situation. And it no longer seemed daunting. And Michelle was able to completely enjoy the rest of her day with her friend Nina, exploring the grounds, checking the progress on the lake house. She felt like she could tackle anything once again.

(((I think this is a good ending spot! I'll PM you. :-))))

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll