February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG
November 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Choose your own Adventure!
What happens next? Vote Here

Kat and Jaya wake up in Lochland Grove after some mischievous spirits get a hold of the latest copy of The Lochland Times. Site work is never done!

This Episode: Missing: lost Kat. Jaya may have spotted her, but there is a suspicious ghost running away. Should she chase the ghost or go wrangle her friend?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other.

Canned Food Drive!
Thanksgiving is coming. Bring food to Town Hall, and help the less fortunate. Coats, hats, and scarves are also welcome.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

December 5th
Decision 7, Woo!

December 1st
No Activity Check! Happy Holidays!

November 19th
Decision 6 is up!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Codes of Conduct, Lara Brennan
Lara Brennan
 Posted: Oct 20 2017, 01:48 PM
Stranger
Jen

Lara listened intently to Minuit’s story. It was so interesting and she couldn’t imagine having that much passion for her business. She had no idea what the history was with bakeries. Were cakes threatened by the popularity of cupcakes? Did that stupid trend of savory desserts affect the sale of sweets? Lara wouldn’t know. It wasn’t during her time, and it wasn’t nearly as interesting as strip club history.

”In case you were wondering, I 'avent actually danced myself in a few years. “ Lara had been wondering, and now she knew.

”Do you like the bakery?” Lara didn’t have a story to tell for her bakery other than a simple ‘I saw it and I wanted it’. It had been a decision of practicality, something to keep her busy. The things leading up to her owning it weren’t something she was about to share with a stranger, no matter how much she wanted Minuit to like her. Not that it was the kind of story that would make you like someone…actually, yeah, not telling her story was a good call. It would probably put her off more than anything else.

“Yes, it’s pretty fun." Okay, making spreadsheets and calculating income and whatever else wasn’t exactly fun, but baking and decorating treats was sure fun, and so was bringing her favorite dessert home whenever it was on the menu. She supposed if she wanted to get more sentimental she could argue that it was a way to share her recipes after baking for herself for so long due to a lack of friends, but she tried to not be sentimental.

Talking to Lara was akin to talking to a wall that could speak about maybe twenty words at a time. A lot of things would run through her mind as she thought of an answer, but she couldn’t bring herself to share that much. Part of it was the paranoia of giving away too much information, and the other was simply that she figured no one really cared. A lot of people liked to bake and could do it better even, so nothing really made her unique, but still, Minuit had talked so much it felt wrong to only offer three words in exchange.

“It’s only been a few months though.” Way to be interesting, Lara. Try again. “I saw it for sale in the newspaper when I moved here and thought being my own boss would be better than anything else. It’s definitely better than my last job. I was a personal trainer at a gym in Syracuse and didn’t exactly love it so I told myself I wouldn't do it again.” Only slightly less plain of an answer, but still, more than 20 words! “Where in New York were you?”
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Nov 3 2017, 07:16 PM
Newcomer
Kat

She was not a cook or a baker, but she could appreciate those who had the talent. Hopefully Lara was enjoying herself. "Yes, it's pretty fun." Good. “It’s only been a few months though. I saw it for sale in the newspaper when I moved here and thought being my own boss would be better than anything else. It’s definitely better than my last job. I was a personal trainer at a gym in Syracuse and didn’t exactly love it so I told myself I wouldn't do it again.” A personal trainer? "Where in New York were you?" A valid question. "New York City. " She answered with a soft sigh. "I honestly 'ate talking about it. You could say I 'ave some painful memories." Her normally playful green eyes saddened a moment, glancing down at her food. "I'm not fond of moping. It's not attractive." The smile resumed, her chopsticks rearranging her plate.

"So you were a personal trainer? I'm impressed." She began work on a few cucumbers saturated in vinegar and dill. "I usually get my exercise from dancing. Mostly aerial and belly dancing." Chewing, she swallowed before continuing. "I'ave been meaning to get into the gym t'is winter t'ough. Maybe lift a little weight and do some running. Lochland gets so cold in the winter. Last year t'ey 'ad record breaking snow." Much to her displeasure. "Ugh.. reminds me t'at it is about time to put my car away. Sports cars don't like bad weat'er eit'er."

--------------------
PM
^
Lara Brennan
 Posted: Nov 5 2017, 01:42 PM
Stranger
Jen

"I'ave been meaning to get into the gym t'is winter t'ough. Maybe lift a little weight and do some running. Lochland gets so cold in the winter. Last year t'ey 'ad record breaking snow." Lara loved the cold and was pretty resistant to it. She could easily wear short shorts in the kind of weather that required most people to bundle up without a problem. It’s not that she wasn’t capable of getting cold at all, but it took a while to get her shivering. She’d been training her whole life to join the military and have to work in some freezing wasteland. It was a shame really that she couldn’t put her resistance to use, but it was fun to still go jogging in a sports bras next to people who were covered from head to toe.

“I might see you around then. I’m at the gym every day,” she commented. She’d also jog through the park some days, depending on what her daily routines required. “The cold can be a good time to ease up though. You burn more calories walking in the cold than the heat because you tend to shiver.” That was her being somewhat of a fitness freak and holding on to many useless facts related to fitness and nutrition. “It’s not by much, but it’s something to justify the days I don’t feel like going to the gym in the cold.” Again, she actually liked the cold, so if she skipped the gym it was only go jogging in the snow in a significantly lighter jacket than most people.

“But yes, I was a personal trainer and I don’t miss it. Male clients only want to try to look down down your shirt, female clients talk way too much, and then there’s the power bottoms that only ever want to do squats.” Who knew gay men could be so boring sometimes? This coming from a women who was raised by two men, of course. The one thing she could talk about endlessly was to complain about her old job because she couldn’t fathom how people could pay her to help them work out then barely get through half the routine, which she always tailored around their body type and level of resistance, so it’s not like she was putting them through hell in her opinion.

“What’s considered a bad customer in your line of work?” Lara assumed the ones looking to buy prostitutes were one, since Minuit felt so strongly about it, but other than that, she knew nothing of strip clubs.
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Nov 13 2017, 07:08 AM
Newcomer
Kat

So Lara liked the cold and the exercise she did there. To each their own, Minnie could respect that. ”I don’t mind cold, but I ‘ate dressing for it. T’ere aren’t many cute outfits for the winter. Everyt'ing is in layers and bulky.” She lamented. ”I prefer being dressed down. The ‘eat is good at letting me wear a little less. “ City summers were terrible, but small town ones had appeal. She enjoyed Lochland’s heat.

Apparently as a personal trainer Lara had much to lament.Customers were stressing no matter what the career. “What’s considered a bad customer in your line of work?” hmm... ”Good question. I suppose it depends on what i’m doing. I bartender, I can dance, and of course I manage. Most of the worst are the ones where I’m dancing. You get people who yell ‘woo’ all the time like they are 'aving a good time and it gets annoying.. The jerks who tip once t'en t'ink t’at means they can ‘ave a permanent spot at the side of the stage.. the guy who tries to invade a dancer’s space while not actually touching ‘er. I ‘ad this guy who kept trying to blow on me. Because ‘e knew ‘e couldn’t touch... aaand.. bachelorette parties.” Oh yes... ”T’ey tend to be obnoxious and t’ey t’ink t’ey can get away wit’ t’ings because t’ey are women. I ‘ave kicked out more bachlorette parties t’an I ‘ave bachelor ones, believe it or not.” Laughing, she shook her head. ”I don’t miss any of t’at. Filing papers is boring, but I enjoy it to an extent. If I miss it then I put up ads and make a big deal out of a performance. I’m practically a walking advertisement.” Her shoulders lifted and fell in a shrug. ”Over all the work is wort’ it.” If they kept this up then s he'd probably get attention now.

"Well, I t'ink t'is food was a good choice. I'm enjoying it." She murmured, feeling as if she'd just gone over a quick synopsis of her job. Hopefully Lara wasn't entirely bored. "What kind of music do you enjoy, Lara? " She was honestly curious. "A simple question, I know. I am curious. "

--------------------
PM
^
Lara Brennan
 Posted: Nov 16 2017, 12:07 AM
Stranger
Jen

Lara was surprised to hear that women caused so much trouble in strip clubs. She herself wasn’t one to go to such places, but she hoped that if she did someday go, she wouldn’t be such an annoying customer to deal with though she doubted it. She would probably be as reserved in a club as she was in her daily life. Actually, she probably wouldn’t even go in the first place. It was too much, er, stimulation. Besides, she wouldn’t know where to put the money. Okay, she wasn’t naive enough to not know where people usually put the money, but it just seemed inconvenient. Wouldn’t it just slip out? Or give them a paper cut in unfortunate places? Places where you should never find paper in the first place? Unless they were into something weird like that?

Perhaps if Minuit were to go on stage again however, Lara would stop by. It was totally okay to check out acquaintances right? Some people were just attractive, and Minuit clearly knew she was, so maybe it wouldn’t be terrible to see a show if the woman had one planned for the future. It would be extremely embarrassing though if Minuit were to see her in the audience.

She was surprised by the sudden question of music preference, since she didn’t usually get far enough into a conversation to start being asked about herself, but she was ready to answer nonetheless. “My fathers raised me on show tunes so I suppose I have an affinity towards that.” Her fathers had been really gay. At first sight though, they didn’t seem like it since they looked like two stereotypically brawny men in the military, but on their way to work, they’d play the soundtrack of Mamma Mia, and at home, they would help Lara make pink icing for her cookies. Those things may not be inherently “gay”, but they were things that many of the overtly masculine men she’d been raised around wouldn’t admit to doing at all. They also named her after Scarlett O’Hara, which was totally a gay thing to do, and they would probably throw a fit if they knew she’d changed it and named herself after a video game character.

“I lean more towards rock though. I like the classics…The Runaways, Aerosmith, Blondie, Queen… Lately, I’ve been getting into Kesha’s music as well, which surprised me. I wasn’t a fan of her earlier songs. Nothing against pop, but it’s not my cup of tea. Her new songs have been great though.” Despite not being particularly into pop, she was open to it and hated when people criticized it incessantly. If she didn’t like something, she simply wouldn’t listen to it. Why couldn’t more people simply let it be and let others enjoy it? “How about you? And actually, what kind of music do you even put on for a strip club?” Lara imagined it couldn’t be something like country or death metal, those wouldn’t be easy to dance to, but she had no idea what would be easy to dance to.
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Nov 16 2017, 02:00 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Music preference didn’t say much about people. It was, however, interesting. Minnie liked to ask the question when she wanted a little variety in her conversation. The face that Lara was ‘Raised on show tunes’ was fascinating. “I lean more towards rock though. I like the classics…The Runaways, Aerosmith, Blondie, Queen… Lately, I’ve been getting into Kesha’s music as well, which surprised me. I wasn’t a fan of her earlier songs. Nothing against pop, but it’s not my cup of tea. Her new songs have been great though.” Fun! She liked the list. ”I’m a little be’ind on my music taste. Work ‘as taken up more time t’an I’d like to admit.” The radio was her only saving grace, honestly.

Finishing her food, she set what she had aside and folded her hands atop the table. “How about you? And actually, what kind of music do you even put on for a strip club?” Solid questions. ”I grew up on show tunes and classic rock.” She admitted. ”My mot’er was a burlesque dancer. We watched so many old movies toget’er. My favorite were the ones wit’ Marilyn Monroe... not t’at it matters.” She admitted. ”When I was learning belly dancing I got into music t’at didn’t a’ve to ‘ave words, but it strangely inspired my taste in pop. I like anyt’ing t’at makes my body move. T’at tends to be what I ‘ave when I dance. I like putting on a show, and the right music makes it easier.” Her green eyes warmed as she looked to her purse for a moment.

”Hmm.. lipstick... “ Where was it? ”I’m also in love wit’ Jazz and Blues. I dated a man about mmm. five years ago? T’at... well, ‘e ‘ad a great taste in music. Sometimes ‘e would sit in ‘is living-room and play for a while on ‘is guitar. “ She sighed, picking up a mirror and fixing the red hue of her lips. ”I ‘eard t’ere is a blues bar about ‘alf way to the town over. I am dying to go. I would love to go to one of t’ose gorgeous little places down in New Orleans, sit in a sexy red silk dress, and just listening to someone sing to my soul. Maybe break my ‘eart a few dozen times. “ There, beautiful. She smiled for the woman across the table in sultry ruby red. ”What is life if we can’t be passionate about it? Mm?”

--------------------
PM
^
Lara Brennan
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 05:31 PM
Stranger
Jen

”I grew up on show tunes and classic rock.” They had that in common them, though not much else it seemed, judging just from the surface. ”My mot’er was a burlesque dancer. We watched so many old movies toget’er. My favorite were the ones wit’ Marilyn Monroe... not t’at it matters.” That was actually sweet, even to someone with the minimal emotional range Lara had. “Hm, neither of my dads were burlesque dancers, but one of them sure wanted to be,” she said with the slightest hint of humor to her voice. “I used to watch those movies with my fathers too. They love watching those classic female personalities, including Marilyn. I personally leaned more towards Audrey Hepburn,” she commented, though she wasn’t really comparing the women. They were both successful in their own ways and there was no reason to pit them against each other. The women themselves were nothing but class, never having a bad thing to say about the other even though people always wanted to see women as catty.

”What is life if we can’t be passionate about it? Mm?” Lara wouldn’t know, but she nodded anyway. She had to admit there was a curiosity to feel anything intense like that again, but why bother? Those things were so distracting and took up most of the space in your head only to eventually fade away. She’d rather have some permanence in her life, and apathy could be permanent. Lara also thought it must be nice that Minuit’s ex-boyfriend played the guitar for her. Lara’s own ex-boyfriend was either more or less romantic during the good times depending on how you look at it. He would beat people up for her so she wouldn’t have to get her own hands dirty, which was nice and romantic to Lara at the time. She might not like it as much present day.

She noticed Minuit was done with her food, and Lara was done with her own as well even though she’d had double and started eating at roughly the same time. “I should probably go home and feed my cat soon.” Probably an unnecessary tidbit of information, but after finding some common ground over music, she figured it was fine to mention Ginger, that fat ass. Besides, meeting someone and spontaneously going to lunch with them was just way too much excitement for one day. She needed some rest after burning energy in conversation, though the interaction was nice.

“But that place you talk about sounds nice. Let me know how it goes.” She wasn’t sure they would ever actually talk again, but that was just something people said, right? As much of a great impression Minuit left on Lara, she wasn’t sure the same could be said of herself. She was more of a listener after all, so she wouldn’t blame Minuit if she wasn’t interested in any further interaction.
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 03:57 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Her newly reddened lips held a warm smile, mirroring the good time she was having. Sadly, all good things had to come to an end. “I should probably go home and feed my cat soon.” Minnie nodded with understanding, taking another sip of her drink “But that place you talk about sounds nice. Let me know how it goes.” The blues bar? ”Of course. ” Lochland was a quaint little town, they’d meet again. ”I am 'oping to 'ear a few song st’at break my 'eart and a few songs t’at make me feel sexy as 'ell. We’ll see if t’ey can deliver.” Her brows lifted with mild suggestion. ”I can find a good time no matter where I go. It all depends on the company.” She got to her feet smoothly. ”.. and yours ‘as been fun. I do ‘ope we meet again, Lara.” A compliment she wouldn’t say if it wasn’t true.

Hmm.. she really should say something more..

”Maybe I’ll stop by the bakery some time. I wouldn’t ask you to stop by the club. T’at’s a matter of taste.” The chair in front of her scraped gently back under the table, leaving her room to stand freely without it getting in her way. ”Are you a fan of manicures or pedicures? T’ere is a great spa out of town. I usually do my own nails, but every once in a while it is fun to get out and enjoy a little somet’ing special. T’ey also ‘ave massages and facials.”

--------------------
PM
^
Lara Brennan
 Posted: Dec 14 2017, 05:55 PM
Stranger
Jen

”I am 'oping to 'ear a few song st’at break my 'eart and a few songs t’at make me feel sexy as 'ell. We’ll see if t’ey can deliver.” What? Like she didn’t feel sexy already? Lara doubted that Minuit could feel not sexy, but then again, she wasn’t exactly in tune with her own sexuality, so what did she know, right? She showed as much cleavage as the next person, but that’s just because it was unavoidable unless she wanted to ‘nun it up,’ and besides, she liked looking like she had her life together. Some cleave always helped with that. ”.. and yours ‘as been fun. I do ‘ope we meet again, Lara.” “Me too,” she said, standing up as well. She meant it too, of course, even if her attitude could seem a bit dry sometimes.

Lara appreciated that Minuit might stop by the bakery, but she couldn’t return the favor. She wanted no bare asses near her. She was a ‘stay home and fill the sad, gaping hole of loneliness with fan fiction of shows she didn’t even watch’ kind of girl, and didn’t want her savings ending up in someone’s thong. If someone so much as offered a lap dance, she would run out the door. “In just a couple of weeks, we’ll be breaking out the Winter holiday treats, so you might not want to miss that,” she said with a twinge of humor. She’d realized that people seem to start celebrating Christmas as soon as Halloween was over. Turkeys were of no importance to these people, but she would still include some thanksgiving treats, though Winter themed ones would probably sell much better. “What kind of sweets do you usually like?” She asked, in case those treats just happened to be available at the bakery soon.

“I guess my nails could use some professional work,” she said, looking at her own, which were kept up just fine. She did like to take care of her appearance, after all. No need to look so good she’d turn heads, but no need to look so bad she’d attract negative attention either. She liked being somewhere in the middle, easy to blend in. “I do my own nails too, but it’s hard to keep them nice when I’m kneading dough all day. It’s kind of a luxury when I get to leave to leave them long,” she commented, being one for long, sharp, cat-like nails, but that was simply a style she’d rarely get to do as the owner of Plum Street Bakery.

Lara could be quite awkward, but she assumed that Minuit asked because she wanted her to join her, right? Hell, she’d probably die of embarrassment if that wasn’t the case. To most people it wouldn’t be a big deal, but all those years of loneliness had given her a mild case of social anxiety. Any slightly embarrassing moment would have her sitting in a corner of her house and trying to take deep breaths for a while. “Going to the spa would be nice. I can’t remember the last time I went to one.” Well, yeah she did. Back when she was Leslie Mulligan working at a spa for a short while. Yeah, not the best name, so sue her. It’s hard to be creative when you’re a teen on the run.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply