February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG
November 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Choose your own Adventure!
What happens next? Vote Here

Kat and Jaya wake up in Lochland Grove after some mischievous spirits get a hold of the latest copy of The Lochland Times. Site work is never done!

This Episode: Missing: lost Kat. Jaya may have spotted her, but there is a suspicious ghost running away. Should she chase the ghost or go wrangle her friend?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other.

Canned Food Drive!
Thanksgiving is coming. Bring food to Town Hall, and help the less fortunate. Coats, hats, and scarves are also welcome.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

December 5th
Decision 7, Woo!

December 1st
No Activity Check! Happy Holidays!

November 19th
Decision 6 is up!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Playtime At The Park, Tag: Mathias Falk
Mathias Falk
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 01:32 AM
Newcomer
Mikko

Mathias pulled out his mobile phone, searching for the number so that he could give it to her. It was easier to do it straight away rather than later in his mind.

"Lukas quite likes Settlers of Catan. It is strategy based rather than based purely on luck, and although there is a junior version he liked the adult one. But there are lots of great games for children. There is one called Coconuts, which is where you have a little monkey, and you have to get coconuts onto cups, which you capture and the first person to get six wins. Another one is called Dixit, and is basically a story telling game, Lukas quite likes that as well. One that Bo might be able to play now is called Loopin' Louie, and involved a little plane that flies around, and you have to defend the chickens in your barn and hit the plane up and away. Also proves fun for not so little children as well."

Board games were also fun. He had also been teaching Lukas to play Backgammon, which both of them enjoyed. But there were lots of good games that weren't based purely on luck, that they were fun and made children think.

Friendliness was a good thing Mathias thought, it would do him good later in life. It wasn't until after he had said it that he realized that perhaps she might not appreciate the word he had used. While he tried not to swear around his son, they just slipped out every so often, but he knew that other parents didn't like any sort of language like that. "Sorry, I didn't mean to say that, I should have been a little more careful."

Mathias was probably similar; He knew a lot about German history because he was German, that was where he had lived and grown up. Swiss history frankly wasn't overly exciting in his mind, and he had never really investigated it much despite the fact he had lived there for a long time, and still frequently was in his house in Switzerland. "I think a lot of people are similar, we all seem to want to know more about the country we grew up it. I don't know much about US History, but I do know plenty about German history." It wasn't all good, but it was still part of history.

"Oh thank you, coffee would be wonderful." A hot cup of coffee was always nice, even though he usually avoided drinking to much of it, so he poured himself a cup of coffee, taking a sip and enjoying it.

Lukas spoke up after Mathias had taken a sip, saying that the sandwich was really nice.

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

Mathias Falk | Thirty-Six | Formula One Driver for Ferrari House | Helmet | Plotter |
PM
^
Jaina Carter
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 07:47 PM
Stranger
Shade

Jaina smiled as she looked over the games. She could see Bo enjoying a good many of them. She laughed about Loopin' Louie as well.

"These look great," she said. "I know Bo would love them. Thank you, Matthias, you've been a great help."

Jaina shook her head about the language. It bothered her a little, but the last thing she wanted was to make Matthias thing he'd done something horribly wrong.

"It's perfectly fine," she said. "It happens. Sometimes at work, I can say a few words when I get frustrated... not around the customers of course."

Jaina smiled about Matthias knowing German history. She was admittedly interested in other cultures, but more in a sociological and geographical standpoint as opposed to historical.

"I would love to learn more about other places around the world," she said. "I'm thinking of going back to school at some point, maybe study to be a teacher. I'd love to teach children about the subject."

Jaina poured the coffee, and pulled out some cream and sugar packs. She added just a little of each to her own. She then looked at Lukas.

"Lukas, if you'd like, we could plan another time for you and Bo to play here," she said. "Would you like that, Bo?"

"Yeah!" said Bo. "I lie Lukas!"
PM
^
Mathias Falk
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 09:17 PM
Newcomer
Mikko

Mathias could probably list more games, but was only listing a few that he could remember that Lukas liked, or that he thought would be good for a young child. "Oh it's no problem, i'm always happy to help."

When it came to language Mathias had always been more relaxed. He wasn't afraid to swear, even if he tried not to do it much around his son, so it didn't really bother him if his son heard swear words. What was more important to him was that his son knew that they were swear words, not the sort of thing he should be saying, and knew to try not to use them, especially in public and around other children.

After all, it was him that had accidentally taught Lukas swear words, after the little boy at the age of two had been listening to the radio channel that went between the pit garage and Mathias's car, and Mathias in the heat of the moment had said something not very not very nice about another driver. "I accidentally taught him a few words when he was two. He was listening to the radio channel to my car, and heard me say something not very complimentary about another guy's driving. They were his favourite words for months afterwards, and his mother wasn't pleased about that." He wasn't going to repeat them, even though he knew Lukas happily would.

Sitting in a classroom wasn't Mathias's idea of fun, but he did enjoy working with children. He helped out at the local kart track quite a lot, and enjoyed being able to mentor children who were interested in a career in motorsports and being able to teach them things. But he did agree that it was good to learn about other places. "That is always a good thing, learning about other places. I sometimes take Lukas with me when I'm racing, so he's been to all sorts of different countries. The team I drive for is based in Italy, so he loves visiting there. He speaks better Italian that I do." Mathias was fluent in Italian, but he couldn't chatter away quickly in it like Lukas could.

"That sounds like a wonderful thing to do, you seem like you would make a fantastic teacher. I work with children at the local karting track in my spare time and quite enjoy it."

Jaina and Bo wanted to see Lukas again, and Mathias was quite happy for that. Lukas certainly agreed eagerly, so it was naturally that Mathias did as well.

"That sounds great, i'm sure they would love that. Although I will say he will be busy when the new karting season kicks off, as will I next year, so it might not be me bringing him."

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

Mathias Falk | Thirty-Six | Formula One Driver for Ferrari House | Helmet | Plotter |
PM
^
Jaina Carter
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 04:27 PM
Stranger
Shade

Jaina couldn't help but chuckle at how some of the words Lukas heard were among his favorites for a while. She guessed it wasn't all that funny, as she would be really worried if that happened with Bowie. She couldn't picture such works coming out of his sweet, innocent mouth.

"Well, I guess it's a way for kids to learn what to say and what not to say," she said. "I know at times, kids hear what they think is just a goofy word, having no idea it's profanity. All we can do is give them one of those classic talks. I'm not really looking forward to giving Bowie some of those classic talks, if you know what I mean." One day, Bowie would need to hear THE TALK, and Jaina was definitely not ready for that.

Jaina glowed at how Lukas got to see all those places. She wanted the same for Bowie. So far, he had only really seen Disney World and the World Showcase at EPCOT. That was a great chance for him to learn about different cultures though.

"It's great that he's having those experiences," said Jaina. "Things like that will always stick in the mind of a child as they grow up. When Bo gets older, I want to take him to another country. For now, he just wants to go back to Disney World."

Jaina smiled about being a teacher some day. She just needed to find the time to sign up for courses at the college.

"I'll certainly try when the time comes," she said. "And I imagine you're a great instructor too."

Jaina gave an understanding nod about Lukas and his father being busy.

"Well, we'll do what we can when we can," she said.
PM
^
Mathias Falk
 Posted: Dec 14 2017, 10:03 PM
Newcomer
Mikko

Mathias probably had a slightly different approach to some parents, but he didn't actually mind his son knowing swear words to much, but thought that it was more important that his son knew that they were bad words and not to use them. It was similar with sex; He had no problems with his son knowing what it was and where babies came from. In his mind knowing about that sort of thing would lead to him being more responsible when he was interested in that sort of thing, and would also mean that if anyone tried something inappropriate he would be able to recognize that and tell him.

"I know what you mean about those talks, but I don't think they are anything to be afraid of. My attitude about that does come from my parents thought; They always believe that it was better for a child to know about inappropriate use of language and about the birds and the bees, because it meant they could be more responsible and were safer." Plus, he had three older siblings who were older by quite a bit, and one of his brother's had enjoyed trying to get his little brother into trouble all the time. Of course, so had Mathias's nephew Hans, who was actually a year older.

"It is great. Lukas speaks Italian better than I do, he speaks with my engineers in Italian and sounds like a native. But I do think it is good for a child to go somewhere different, it can be a fantastic learning experience. Not only seeing the sights but learning about that country, the culture and customs and a little bit of the language. Of course, I'm German and his mother was American, and before Lochland I lived in Switzerland for many years, so that is already three different countries and cultures. But there is nothing wrong with Disney World, it's great fun, although I haven't been there for a long time." Speaking about Disney World, Mathias wasn't entirely sure if he had actually been there or not. He knew that he had been to Disneyland, the last time being when Lukas was about 3, so maybe it was time to visit again. This time with Charlotte.

Working with children was rewarding in many ways. He understood how he was a role model for lots of children, and it was always good being able to help them and maybe motivate them to a career in motorsports, where one day he might see them doing great things. "Well, I do enjoy it. And Lukas certainly things I'm a good instructor, even if he does always try and beat me." Mathias quite often let the little boy win, but made sure that he had to work for it. Just like Mathias would sometimes sit behind Lukas and push him for the lead, much like a competitor would on the track in a race.

"You know," Mathias spoke, after taking another sip of his coffee. "If Bowie ever wanted to have a go in a kart, I have an old Kid Kart of Lukas's in the garage at home along with all the proper safety gear. He would be welcome to come along and have a go." He didn't know if she would like that or not, and wouldn't be offended or mind if she said no. Not everyone liked the idea of a 3 year old driving, but Mathias didn't see any problems provided it was done properly.

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

PM
^
Jaina Carter
 Posted: Dec 16 2017, 05:20 PM
Stranger
Shade

It was true. When it came time, Bo would have to learn about a good deal. Thank goodness he was just a three year old now, and had only a few tings to really worry about. The years of the big talks would come soon enough.

"Yeah, I'll definitely be talking about these things when the time comes," she said. "Just saying it might be a bit awkward." She sighed. "Sadly, my parents weren't around to teach me." There, she said it. She didn't want to bring up her parents, but she supposed he could know why she found it difficult.

Jaina chuckled about Lukas speaking Italian so well. She liked what he said about learning things from traveling around.

"I plan to teach Bo Spanish one day," she said. "He actually knows a couple of words now." She turned to her son. "Bowie, what do you call your new friend, Lukas, in Spanish?"

"Amigo!" said Bo, raising his hands in the air.

Jaina grinned and nodded about Lukas enjoying his instruction. It made her want to be a teacher more than ever.

Jaina sighed about the whole kart thing. She had no problem with Bo managing a tricycle, but a kart was something else.

"Maybe in a year or so," she said. "Just to be on the safe side." Yep, she was the overly-careful mom at times.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply