February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Feeding The Imagination, Tag: Rachel Hyde
Andie Walker
 Posted: Jun 24 2018, 01:03 PM
Townie
Shade

Diana was only in Kindergarten, but Andie wanted her to read at as high a level as possible, being an avid reader herself. So, whenever she could, she took Diana to the Public Library, and let her check out a couple of books. Today was a perfect day for it. She had one of her two days away from the comics shop, and it was a beautiful day to be out. Diana had also gotten over a recent sore throat a bit as well. Andie was thankful for that. The sore throat was a mild one, but Diana was her world, so it worried her a good bit. Just to be safe, she packed her some children's throat drops.

Andie walked in with Diana, who waved at some of the librarians she knew from past visits. They then stepped over to the children's book section and began looking around.

"Okay, love," said Andie. "What are we checking out today? Dr. Seuss or fairy tales?"

"Can we get Harry Potter?" said Diana.

"Harry Potter?" chuckled Andie. "I think you might not be ready to read Harry Potter yet."

"But you let me watch the movies," said Diana.

"Hmmm, good point," said Andie. "Well, maybe I'll check out the first book and we'll read it together. How's that?"

"Okay," said Diana with a smile.

PM
^
Rachel Hyde
 Posted: Jun 26 2018, 08:04 AM
Stranger
Kate

Rachel had only been working in the library for a little over two months now, but she had soon become to notice who the regulars were. And that was nice. She liked to think that even in this day and age that libraries were still popular. Books weren't going out of fashion just yet! Nothing could beat the feel of a physical book in your hands. She'd never gotten into reading books on a tablet or mobile device, it just wasn't the same.

Working in the children's section was always one of her favourite parts of the job. It was lovely to see young children getting enthusiastic about books and reading. It was better than seeing them glued to video games 24/7. So she smiled when she saw a little girl and her mother, both whom she recognised from previous visits but had not really spoken to them much yet. She couldn't help but overhear how keen the girl was to read Harry Potter, despite her young age. You could never be too young to like Harry Potter! Rachel happened to be a big fan and was proud to be of the generation that had actually grown up with the books and bought them as soon as they'd come out.

"Did I hear someone say Harry Potter?" Rachel grinned, "Super fan right here" she chuckled as she brought her gaze up to meet the girl's mother. "I can help you find the books if you like? We usually have a fair few copies of each one" she smiled, motioning in the direction of the correct shelf so she could help them find what they were looking for.

--------------------
PM
^
Andie Walker
 Posted: Jun 26 2018, 05:49 PM
Townie
Shade

Andie and Diana were both familiar with a lot of the librarians who worked there, given how often they visited. So they were quite surprised to see a face they didn't know. However, they were both not ones who were rude to a new person in the community. Andie always showed the proper manners, and she taught Diana to do the same.

"Thank you," said Andie, who then extended her hand. "Andie Walker, owner of Excalibur Comics and shameless plugger of said business. This is my daughter, Diana."

"Nice to meet you," smiled Diana. "And you like Harry Potter too? I love the movies. Ron is my favorite. He's so funny. Mommy made herself an account on Pottermore and let me take the sorting quiz. I got Hufflepuff."

"Took it myself, and got Slytherin,"
chuckled Andie.

"But she's a good Slytherin," said Diana. "She's not like Vol... oops."

"Yep, can't say his name," chuckled Andie. She then looked at the librarian. "I think we're just going to get the Sorcerer's Stone to begin, and then we'll come back for the other books."

The two were obviously very chatty, but Andie wanted to make sure the poor librarian could get a word in as well.
PM
^
Rachel Hyde
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 01:01 PM
Stranger
Kate

Rachel could already tell that this woman and her daughter were both very polite, well mannered people. It was honestly nice to see, especially when Rachel was still so new to town. In all fairness, everyone she'd met so far had been warm and welcoming, which certainly made settling in that much easier. But she'd only formed a couple of friendships so far. "It's nice to meet you both... I think I've seen you in here before" she smiled, "I'm Rachel. New to town, in case it wasn't obvious from the accent" she laughed, a thick British accent didn't exactly go amiss around here.

As it turned out, Diana seemed to be a big fan of Harry Potter despite her young age. In fact she was rather enthusiastic about it and seemed to know her stuff already. Rachel was impressed. "I'm a Hufflepuff too" she grinned, with some Gryffindor qualities. Was it sad that she'd tried a few different tests online? Probably. But that was just what die hard fans did. She laughed at Andie who admitted to being a Slytherin, "Oh well, someone has to be in Slytherin" she laughed, pretending to look shocked when Diana nearly said Voldemort's name. She gasped lightly, "You mean... he who must not be named?!" she smirked afterwards as they made their way over to where the Harry Potter books were. It took her all of a couple of seconds to locate the first book, bending down slightly to hand it to Diana. "Here you go. I hope you enjoy... it's where all the magic begins. I first read it when I was ten years old... uhh... that's a long time ago now" she chuckled as she looked at Andie. Over twenty years ago now! Gosh, she could barely even imagine a life before Harry Potter now! "And Ron is one of my favourites too. Though I've always had a soft spot for Hagrid" she smiled, he was just such a lovable character.

--------------------
PM
^
Andie Walker
 Posted: Jul 4 2018, 06:16 PM
Townie
Shade

Andie chuckled at Rachel's comment about the accent. Andie had moved to the States from Australia when she was very young, but she still had a hint of the accent in her voice.

"Well, I'm not originally from Lochland Grove myself, but I think I've lived here long enough to bid you welcome to town," she said.

Diana was grinning about Rachel being a Hufflepuff.

"Oh cool," she said. "That means we're house mates." Andie was glad that Diana was using her indoor voice in all the excitement. Andie then smirked about being in Slytherin.

"Well, did you know that Merlin himself was a Slytherin," she said. "We're definitely not all bad."

Diana giggled when Rachel acted shocked about mentioning Voldemort.

"I won't say his whole name," she said. "He might come after me."

Andie smiled as Diana hugged the book. She was so happy that her daughter had such an appreciation for books. She was dreading the day when the kid would have a smart phone or whatever the big thing was when Diana became a teenager.

"But it couldn't have been long ago when you were ten," said Diana. "You look so young and pretty." Andie then played proud Mommy at hearing that compliment.

"I love Hagrid too!" she said. "But he has a mean dog with three heads. I didn't like that dog."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll