February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Halloween Season is here!
From now through november

The Lochland Ghosts have appeared again. To celebrate this Halloween this year we offer a variety of fun things.

1. The haunted Halloween forum
2. A fun haunted skin
3. Festive Games
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Choose your own adventure

Welcome to Lochland Grove

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
End Date: 12/09/17
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other. The old building features a bed and breakfast, museum, and a Ballroom for celebrations.

Be warned: The Mansion is haunted! Any characters threading here are giving permission for the ghosts to play.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

October 18TH
New ghosts are hiding around Lochland. Can you find them all?.

October 16st
The Adventure continues! What happens next?.

October 13st
Halloween is here!.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Lunch Break Shopping, Tag: Basil Kaya
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Aug 28 2017, 11:30 AM
Newcomer
Kat

When in doubt, plan everything. Basil was good at planning. He was also good at asking questions; a trait that helped keep him sane. "I'm just inviting you over for dinner. No big deal, right? I like cooking for others. He smiled, nodding politely, glad he didn’t have to read anymore into the dinner invitation than that. ”I'm usually free myself in the evenings. The diner usually puts me on open shifts so I can pick Bo up from day care. I guess... Tuesday at seven maybe?" Tuesday. ”That sounds delightful.” Tuesdays were usually a pretty boring day, this would spruce it up nicely.

Being a foodie, it was hard for his spirits not to be rising quickly. He loved the idea of home cooking. Basil couldn’t have been happier to accept Jaina’s address, slipping it gently into a pocket. "Just be ready for Bo to show off all his toys, He loves guests." Ah. ”Well, considering we already have a previous acquaintance, i’m sure Bo and I will have a great time.” Not to mention he could now internally brag he had chosen a shirt for a child that they might actually like. Kids were at times insanely hard to please. ”Should I bring anything? A bottle of wine?” He hated the idea of coming empty handed. ”I wouldn’t mind.” Whoa, a young blurr zipped past his ankles. He took two steps from the rack he had been standing near and then returned his attention to Jaina.

”Uh... How much time do you have before you need to get back? I can walk you there.” He was starting to forget why he had walked to Plum Avenue. The sudden realization caused both amusement and a small pang of worry. ”It wouldn’t be an inconvenience. I’m here to look around anyway, and the scenery is always better with company.” Maybe he’d pass whatever it was he needed on the way back.

--------------------
PM
^
Jaina Carter
 Posted: Sep 10 2017, 03:19 PM
Stranger
Shade

Jaina was glad that Basil agreed to the day and time. She wasn't that great at planning, and that day and time had kind of just came out.

"Great," she said with a smile. "I'm looking forward to it."

Jaina had a feeling Basil and her son would get along great as well. Bo was friendly to most anyone. Jaina knew that soon, she'd have to give him the "no talking to strangers" lecture for when he started school. She certainly didn't see Basil as a stranger though.

"I think Bo will love having another guy around," she said. Basil then offered to bring a bottle of wine. "I'm actually not a big drinker, but I doubt a glass of wine would hurt me. They say one glass if good for the heart after all." The health nut in her was speaking again.

Jaina looked at her watch when Basil asked how much time she had.

"Not too much longer," she said. "And I wouldn't mind if you walked me back. I find you to be very nice company after all." And easy on the eyes, but Jaina didn't want to say that. She felt it though. Come to think of it, she felt a good bit about Basil.
PM
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Sep 16 2017, 11:29 AM
Newcomer
Kat

The store wasn’t packed, but the amount of young people moving around had Basil beginning to feel as if he was at work. One eye was on his charming companion, the other was watching for small moving blurrs. He wasn’t too worried. It was probably time for Jaina to get back to work. Perhaps he could walk her back? "Not too much longer, And I wouldn't mind if you walked me back. I find you to be very nice company after all." The Kindergarten teacher smiled warmly. ”Why thank you. I try. “ He murmured jovially. ”I dont see the point of being unpleasant. Everyone faces enough of that in our day-to-day lives. I’ll wait for you by the door.”

Hands in his pockets, he made his way over to the doorway and held it open for various customers. It wasn’t his original intent. The problem with holding the door for one person was that another could need it too. Soon he was stuck holding there, smiling warmly to everyone entering or leaving. It was a relief to see Jaina, following after her. ”Everyone seems to be in a good mood. It’s nice.” Holding the door had given him a multitude of quick and friendly conversations. ”Maybe it’s the sunny day. I don’t believe in choosing our attitudes, but I do think the environment makes it easy to find pleasant ones. That and comfort food” He removed his hands from his pockets, letting them sway freely. ” Good food always makes things better. I’m looking forward to trying some of yours.” There, he had brought the subject back to their evening together with Bo. ”Does Bo eat all of your cooking or is he picky?” Most children were picky in some way. He figured Bo had his own eccentricities.

--------------------
PM
^
Jaina Carter
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 04:35 PM
Stranger
Shade

Jaina smiled at what Basil said about not being unpleasant.

"I completely agree," she said. She then nodded when Basil said that he'd meet her at the door. She stepped over and paid for her items, always grateful for the sales and the coupons she had. She felt Bo would love what got picked out.

As Jaina walked with Basil, she looked about to see that a lot of people were indeed in a good mood.

"I believe so," she said regarding the sunny day. "I always feel better in nice weather. I know Bo really doesn't like rainy days, especially when we have plans to go to the park."

She then blushed a bit when Basil said he was looking forward to her cooking.

"I look forward to cooking for you," she said. She then shrugged when she was asked about if Bo was picky.

"Sort of, though I think just as much as most kids his age," she said. "We always talk dinner out before I make it. If anything, I make sure to at least make him something he likes. He's always a fan of mac n' cheese and mashed potatoes. He likes chicken a lot too. I'd say he's mostly not crazy about green veggies, especially peas."

PM
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 09:40 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Good weather brought out a smile in everyone; A lovely phrase, but not completely true. Internally he was still at an all time low. Exterally, Basil wasn’t doing too bad. Everyone they passed seemed to be contented with life. Even the sun itself seemed to be cheerfully not blinding him. A most appreciated effort.

As they walked, the kindergarten teacher tried hard to come up with subjects that were not about food and failed. It was a little embarrassing. Still, easy conversation could make a world of difference. He figured that Bo was probably picky about at least some foods and it sounded as if he was right. "Sort of, though I think just as much as most kids his age," she said. "We always talk dinner out before I make it. If anything, I make sure to at least make him something he likes. He's always a fan of mac n' cheese and mashed potatoes. He likes chicken a lot too. I'd say he's mostly not crazy about green veggies, especially peas." Ah. ”I’ve known a few kids from my classes that were the opposite. They loved their vegetables and hated meat. “ He laughed softly then added.. ”I didn’t have the heart to tell them that hotdogs were meat. Somewhere there is a first grade teacher who has a heavy job on their hands.” More likely a parent told them first, but he liked to think the teaching community did far more than simply teach 2+2.

It didn’t take long to get Jaina back to work. Basil’s hands fiddled briefly with eachother then folded behind his back. It was a safe place.”It’s been a lovely .. “ Hour? forty five minutes? He had lost track.. “[/b].. Time. Thank you for inviting me along.”[/b] He could now feel slightly impressed with himself that he’d managed to choose a decent shirt for a child that wasn’t his own. ”I hope the rest of your day goes well, Jaina.” His eyes squinted slightly with his smile. ”I suppose I am off. Take care.” With a cheerful wave he then wandered down the street. Basil was eager to digest the past few minutes and ponder the food he’d get to digest later. He was lucky to live in such a safe town. He’d be an easy prey. One meal and he’d be in terrible trouble.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll