September 2016 Featured RPG
October 2016 Featured RPG
November 2016 Featured RPG
February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have You Read the Newspaper?
You can read the latest edition Here

Something tasty this way comes. Enjoy the food Festival with the family, take the kids to the Kids Corner, or flash your Legal ID and enjoy drinking responsible at the Beer Festival.

Did you hear about the fight in front of August Whitmore?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open Since January 2nd, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it.

Come join the fun!

Food & Beer Festival

So many foods, so little time. Enjoy stomach-filling activities with the kids or bring your ID for a Beer sampling adventure!

St Patrick's Day Bar Crawl

A Camp Ground, Big Tents, Irish Entertainment, and Alcohol? Party!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

April 17th
We need your help! Click Here

April 16th
Little Halloween is coming. We want your input

April 14th
A Food and Beer Festival? Where?

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Christmas fun with friends, Mathias Falk, Zoe Kennedy, Kieran Hill
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 05:14 AM
Local
Kate

They were soon seated at the table and Zoe chose the seat next to Charlotte so they could actually talk a bit. It became apparent that the words Mathias had just spoken in German hadn't been quite so polite. Zoe giggled, especially more after Kieran tried his best at repeating the words. "Wow, Kieran... you just swore in German" she grinned across at him at the table, if he was going to tease her tonight then she thought it was only fair she fought back. To be fair, she wasn't good at languages herself. "I learnt some Spanish at school, but honestly I think I've forgotten most of it now" she said, her school days seemed like a lifetime ago now and she was sure most of the stuff she'd learnt hadn't really helped her in her adult life. "German seems like a hard language to learn though? I don't know... maybe that's just because I don't know any of it" she smiled, she would be up for learning a few words though.

Apparently History wasn't exactly her strongest point either, so she sat quietly as Emil answered Charlotte's questions about the Greeks and Germans. "There you go, Charlotte... you learn something new everyday" she grinned, but that was the beauty of hanging around with new people, it was fun when you all brought something new to the table and could learn things from each other. She took another sip from her wine and smiled at her friend who had just asked how her Christmas had been. "Oh, it was lovely. I just spent it at home with my sister and nephew... my mom and stepdad drove down from Hartford and my brother showed up too. Amazingly we made it through the day without any drama" she laughed slightly, she'd been dreaded he'd ask if she'd seen Kieran around, considering she'd lied about continuing to see him he wasn't going to be best pleased when he found out. "Did you and Mathias have a good one?" she asked, she was quite confident they would have done.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Mar 5 2017, 04:52 AM
Local
Natalie

Kieran might have known that the first words he'd learn in German wouldn't be entirely innocent, he smirked slightly finding it rather amusing... apparently it seemed Zoe thought it was funny too. "Don't tell me I'm not the only one that looked up naughty words in the foreign dictionaries when I was at school" he smirked, well it had made languages more fun, not that he'd really paid attention anyway. He glanced across at Mathias who was offering to teach them a few words, "Italian is a sexy language" he said, he thought it was anyway and he'd been to Italy a few times in the past. "Ciao bella" he smirked at Zoe, keeping his voice down a little, he assumed everyone knew what those words meant at least.

He sat back in his chair and sipped from his wine as the conversation turned to the relationship between the Greeks and Germans. "Well, now don't let that come between the two of you" he grinned, doubting there was any rivalry there anyway but it was interesting to hear anyway. Emil seemed like an intelligent guy, "How long have you worked for Mathias?" he asked him, whilst the two girls seemed to engage in conversation about how they'd spent Christmas. Kieran was trying to be as sociable as he could without trying to feel awkward or feel like he was trying too hard to fit in. It was never easy, but perhaps the alcohol was helping him to relax in a situation like this. Not that he ever really encouraged drinking, the fact that his own father had been an alcoholic played on his mind quite a lot so he was always careful when it came to alcohol.

--------------------
PM
^
Charlotte Williams
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 02:44 AM
Newcomer
Nat

[notes: are the templates ok for you guys? should i just take them off? lol! smile.gif ]

“That’s not funny Mathias….” she teased him and liked how they can just joke about anything and have it be ok. There was a slight uncomfortable silence that she could sense in the group on Kieran and Mathias’s side but she wasn’t going to let it affect the night. Charlotte would always try to think of something to talk about or to do. Charlotte let out a little gasp, “Hmmmm I think we could huh Zoe? We could kick their asses in racing! I think that might be fun…” she smirked and while they kept moving about. “God, don’t get him started on that Kieran. He told me about the name thing. Isn’t that silly Zoe? Oh, I don’t mind the bad words. I curse like a sailor sometimes too!” Charlotte giggled as she shook her head and kept the glass in her hand as she kept sipping it.

Turning her attention to Zoe a little as they chatted about their holidays, she truly missed hanging out with her. It was nice to have a friend around in the small town they lived in. She didn’t want to feel so lonely. Hearing the little information about the Greeks and Germans hating each other, from Emil’s mouth, she rolled her eyes and snorted, “Oh is that so? Well you don’t really point much when I make mistakes. Only sometimes, but I don’t mind it. I’m not like my parents. If you correct my mother, oh don’t get her started! Remember Christmas love? Awwww did you hear that babe, maybe we should break up!” she giggled again and kept laughing as she snuggled to Mathias’s side and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Just to make things good again. She would never break up because of some rule or law a long time. He completed her. And that was all that mattered.

“I guess you do Zo…” she looked over at her and kept her smile wider as she would like to think that the things that came out of Mathias’s mouth were hilarious sometimes but she still loved him anyway. Walking around to Zoe as she came closer to her she smiled sweetly and gave her a little hug, nudging her to the other side where the couch was in the living room she took her by the arm and sat them both down casually. “Yes, we did. We had an amazing time! Do you remember the time I told you we first slept together? Oh, my goodness. He was incredible Zoe…He’s so sweet, and I love being with him every time. I miss him when he’s gone. I am glad that we are moving in together!” she hinted as she wanted to jump for joy as she was too happy in this relationship. She only wished the same for Zoe. She would one day find someone.

Emil looked like he was a good conversation with Mathias and Kieran and she didn’t want to interrupt them but they were talking about her and Zoe too so she felt like she had to answer them later. “No it’s not going to between the two of us…..Don’t even think about it!” she raised her voice in an exciting way a little so she could get the point across. By the way their conversation was going she looked back at Zoe and hoped that she was ok exchanging gifts now it might be good to break the ice more and enjoy a good time. “Emil would you mind bringing me Zoe’s gifts please? They are just the few gift bags under the tree there…” she pointed to the two medium sized bags that had little knick nacks and things she would love. Asking as politely and with a bright as she did she wanted to continue talking to Zoe so she could just enjoy their conversation more.

note: I didn't realize the link for her outfit broke so I have to get a new one! :/ Sorry! lol Click!

--------------------
user posted image
-made by MARDY BUM @Caution - xoxo
PM
^
Mathias Falk
 Posted: Mar 16 2017, 11:33 PM
Newcomer
Mikko

Mathias didn't think that German was a hard language to learn, but then he probably couldn't acurately say that because it was his native language. Certainly he thought it was a lot easier to learn than English was, it was more structured and you generally didn't have words that had different meanings and spellings depending on where you were from. "It's a lot easier to learn German than English. German is quite structured, and no matter where in the world you go the word will mean the same thing and it will be spelt the same. I found it hard when I was younger speaking English because if you said something wrong no one would correct you, so it was harder to realize if you were saying the right thing." He was always happy to teach a little German, and would likely start off with the basics.

German was a language that he still spoke quite a bit at home, both with Lukas and Emil. He had been teaching Charlotte some, and was always adament that the best way to learn it was to speak it. Sometimes to help her learn (in his mind at least) he would refuse to speak English and just stick with German. "Don't worry, you're not, I can remember doing the same thing. And the guys at Ferrari enlightened me on some of the more creative and naught words in Italian." His Italian was my no means fantastic, but he would understand and speak it reasonably well, most likely because he had spent lots of time around Italians speaking it. "Italian is quite a nice language, even when they are swearing up a storm. Then you get the rude hand gestures." Talking about swearing in foreign languages probably wasn't one of the topics that Charlotte had envisaged when she had planned this evening, so maybe it would be best of move on.

Mathias was going to say something when Charlotte pointed out that Mathias didn't really correct her but Emil got in first. "That's because he learned the hard way when it is appropriate to correct a lady and when it isn't. It took him a while to figure that out with both Gretta and the Italians he works for." That was also why he didn't translate German sayings and expressions into English, because in most cases people just got confused about what he meant.

The two girls were engaged in a conversation about Christmas, so it was up to the three guys to talk amongst themselves. "Since 2003. It would be fourteen years next year." Obviously they had quite a good relationship and worked well together if they had been working with each other that long. Their relationship was obviously more like friends that employer and employee. "I enjoy it, I get along well with him, and I honestly do quite enjoy the mix of training and physio work I do. Plus I get to travel without having to pay for airfairs, accomodation or food, so that isn't to bad. Quite often if he has lots of PR work his press officer follows him around all day so I get time off to do what I like."

Emil quite happily got up and retrieved the gift bags, placing them between the two ladies before going back to his seat. "I also make sure that when he is racing, everything that he needs is right there so he doesn't have to wander around wondering where he left his helmet."

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 04:01 AM
Local
Kate

Oh she was quite sure Kieran wasn't alone in looking up naughty words in foreign language dictionaries. She seemed to remember boys at school sniggering over words they'd looked up that they probably shouldn't have. Boys would be boys she supposed. She felt herself blush slightly when Kieran looked over at her, 'Ciao bella', well of course she knew what that one meant. She said nothing to it in case someone else picked up on it and she wasn't sure she wanted to be embarassed in front of her friends or them thinking that something was going on between them. Instead she looked at Charlotte again, laughing slightly as she agreed they could kick the boys asses - the reality was that Zoe would probably end up being terrible anyway but she could have fun trying.

The men seemed to engage in conversation amongst themselves so Zoe finally had Charlotte's attention to herself, not that she really minded talking to everyone else because it was fun and interesting. But Charlotte was the person she was closest to here. She blushed slightly when Charlotte spoke about having slept with Mathias, Zoe wasn't a prude as such but she knew she was far more of a private person that Charlotte was and couldn't quite imagine having such a conversation even with a close friend. But she admired how open Charlotte was and even wished she could be a bit more like that. "Yeah... I do remember" she chuckled slightly, remembering how very single it had made her feel at the time. Honestly, she didn't really care. After what she'd been through with Adam she'd pretty much decided she wanted to be single for a long time. "I'm so please you're moving in with him... honestly, I'm not surprised. You two seem pretty solid and it's clear you're both crazy about each other" she smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear before Charlotte asked Emil if he could bring her gifts over. She would give Charlotte hers afterwards as well, probably best to do that before she mentioned anything about knowing how she'd dated Kieran just in case it all went wrong.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 04:05 AM
Local
Natalie

Maybe he should have paid more attention at school when it came to learning languages because when he'd been to other countries he'd started to realise how useful it would have been. He felt a bit ignorant going to a restaurant or a bar in a foreign country and just expecting everyone there to speak English. It seemed that in most European countries he'd been to that mostly everyone spoke a little English, but still, it would be nice if he actually knew how to speak a different languagt fluently. "You reckon? I'd never really thought of that. I wish I was fluent in another language though, that's such a skill to have" he said as Mathias spoke about how learning English had actually been harder to learn than German.

Kieran stayed quiet as he watched the interaction between everyone else, he found this amusing as Charlotte mentioned that Mathias didn't often point out her mistakes. "Why, what happened at Christmas? Did he piss off the mother-in-law?" he laughed, Kieran was almost glad he didn't have a girlfriend for reasons like that. Family gatherings were not really his idea of fun and meeting a girlfriend's parents was never something he'd looked forward to. Having been single for such a long time he'd managed to avoid anything like that.

His attention turned back to Emil and Mathias as he realised the two girls were engagaed in deep conversation. Should he be worried about that? He tried not to think about it, for now it seemed they were busy exchanging gifts. "Fourteen years... that's a long time" he said, Kieran hadn't managed to even stay friends wtith someone for that long. Emil seemed to do a good job and it sounded like he enjoyed it too. "Any job where you get to travel seems like a good job to me... even better if you don't have to pay" he laughed, Kieran was lucky enough that he could set his own hours and decide when he could go away on vacation. That would change once Grace was school age and he'd be tied to school holidays... that was a pain, but not the end of the world when he could afford to go away unlike some people. He grinned slightly at Emil's comment, "Ha, I think I could use someone like that sometimes. If I'm working on big shoots I'm forever putting things down and forgetting where I put them. Maybe it's just my age" he laughed, he hoped that wasn't the case!

--------------------
PM
^
Charlotte Williams
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 08:42 PM
Newcomer
Nat

Four years it had been for these two to end up being besties and she had saved pictures from over the years and put them in albums and she wondered if Zoe had too. They did know things but they had secrets of there from time to time. “We are….It’s been really great, thank you for being there for me Zoe….” she said to her in a sweet tone as she looked straight at her. Hearing Kieran’s comment about her mother she laughed and shook her head ‘no,’ “Not really. She was just proper, but she warmed up to Mathias and she liked his son. I mean we have our issues sometimes but she is a great mom….” she explained to Kieran as her head turned a little. She handed Zoe the two gift bags to her and hoped that she would like them.

One was a friendship bracelet knowing that it was just a sweet sentimental gift she would get for a best friend. She never gave anyone that from Lochland Grove. Her old best friend was from New York and she had absolutely missed her. She smirked at Emil at his slick comment about the Italians. He was a nice guy and she really wanted to set him up with someone but it was hard to find him that right girl for him when he could be a bit picky too. Charlotte wasn’t really paying much attention to the guy’s conversation thankfully after that comment and she knew her friend was right before her eyes. She liked how close they have gotten recently too, it was nice.

“Alright well I hope you like the little things I got you. It’s not much but I did get a couple things you liked…” she said to her as she mentioned to him and felt like they could talk about them if they really wanted and that will get their attention for sure. But she didn’t want to cause much commotion and just have it be a simple fun night together.

note:Click! First gift - Movie passes to the cinemas, friendship bracelet, some cute pictures, dvd's,

Gift 1 | Gift 2 - Movie Passes | Gift 3 in the same bag. lol! :]

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Mathias Falk
 Posted: Apr 7 2017, 03:35 AM
Newcomer
Mikko

Meeting your partner's parents wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do. You always wanted to make a good impression, trying to get them to like you. It would have been all to easy for Mathias to treat it like a PR exercise, which would probably work but she wouldn't get to know the real him, and he didn't want that. He wanted Charlotte's parents to get to know the real him. But he was happy with the meeting, that they could get along reasonably well.

Fourteen years sounded like an awfully long time. But Formula One had been Mathias's life for so long, and Emil had started working for Mathias near the start of his career as a full time driver. Part of Mathias didn't quite know what he would di when he wasn't driving anymore, with all that extra time on his hands. Not seeing some people he spent a lot of time with would probably be harder. His press officer had also worked for Mathias since the start of his career and they still got along, despite the fact the man still lived in Germany.

"It has it's benefits and downsides. It is nice to see all the different places, it means that you spent a lot of time on planes and at airports, and lots of time away from home." Although Mathias did fly first class, so flying wasn't as taxing for him as it was for a lot of the other team members who had to fly economy. Ferrari paid for him to fly first class and Emil Business class, although Mathias always upgraded Emil to first, as well as hotel rooms and provided him a car to use. But it hadn't always been like that, his first full year in F1 he had been paying his own airfares, and until he could prove himself with Ferrari he had flown Business. "It is one of the perks of the job."

"My first full year driving in F1 for Jaguar racing I was paying my own airfares. When I signed with Ferrari after that, it was business class for me and economy for my trainer. I had to prove myself before first class travel could be added to the contract." Mathias sometimes chartered a private jet as well, mainly because he could get a good deal from his brother who had a fleet of them.

Having someone like Emil around when he was working was definitely a benefit. He could concentrate on the car, and not about his gear. Mathias chuckled along with Kieran as he spoke about always putting things down and loosing them. "I was especially bad for doing that when I was younger. Usually I am pretty good, but for me having someone else there to take care of things like getting my gear ready and all sorts of other stuff means I can concentrate on doing my job. Helping with the car, driving, lots of meetings and of course all the promotional stuff."

Mathias didn't know what Kieran's budgetary requirements were like, but if there was a big shoot going on having an assistant of some sort could be a big help. "If there is a big shoot going on, having an assistant of some sort might help. It leaves you more time to focus on what you are there to do. I know whenever I go to photoshoots of various sorts there is usually a small team of people running about."

Mathias hadn't really been following what the two girls were talking about, but watched as Zoe was handed a couple of gifts from Charlotte.

Emil stood up to clear empty plates away, and Mathias moved to help, rinsing dishes out in the sink before stacking them in the dishwasher. If they were finished eating maybe they could move into the living room onto the sofas. "Does anyone need another drink?"

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 04:54 AM
Local
Kate

Zoe bit her lip as Kieran asked that question, hoping he wasn't trying to stir anything or create any drama. Thankfully Charlotte saw the funny side of it anyway. "Oh yeah, I guess we all have family issues. I dread family gatherings sometimes" she made a slight face, if it wasn't for her brother then everything would always go smoothly. But he could be so unpredictable, she never knew if he was actually going to turn up or if he was going to arrive with some new girlfriend in tow. Nothing should surprise her when it came to Matthew anymore but she just wished he'd calm down a bit. "We all need our mothers though" she nodded her head, Zoe saw hers regularly but she lived in Hartford with her second husband now. Thankfully Zoe liked her stepdad, but let's face it, he was never going to be a replacement for her dad. Ever.

They were on to the gifts now and Zoe smiled as she accepted the gift bags from Charlotte. She opened them one by one, particularly liking the friendship bracelet she'd picked out. "Aww Charlotte, it's gorgeous! I can't wait to wear it" she said happily with a bright smile, she definitely had the most thoughtful friends in her life. Charlotte had definitely picked out the best presents for her and so she thanked her after she looked at each one. "Thank you so much, you really are the best" she winked, now it was her turn to give Charlotte her gifts too. What was funny was that they'd picked out each other similar gifts. "Your turn!" she grinned, handing her the silver gift bag. Inside was a small vintage photo frame she'd picked out in a Christmas market and put in a photo of herself and Charlotte from the previous summer. The second gift was a silver bracelet with a simple letter 'c' charm attached to it. Now she thought it was funny they'd both bought each other a bracelet. The final two presents was a nail polish set containing five different shades and a voucher to be used in a local salon - because what girl didn't like being pampered?

With the gift exchange over with, she glanced up at Mathias who was asking if anyone needed another drink. "No I'm all good thanks, it was great" she flashed him a smile before turning back to Charlotte, she'd had no idea what the three men had been talking about whilst they'd been opening each other's gifts. "Do you think they've been talking about us?" she smirked, keeping her voice low as she asked Charlotte, she dreaded to think what men talked about in each other's company. Maybe she was just paranoid.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 05:42 AM
Local
Natalie

Every job had it's disadvantages and as nice as it sounded to be able to travel the world, of course it came at a cost. Being away from home an awful lot wasn't always a good thing. Kieran was all for exotic vacations and getting to see new places but he wasn't sure he could handle travelling every other week and going away for long periods of time. Truth was, he actually liked being at home and he feared if he went away for too long he'd actually get homesick. He'd spent his life growing up thinking that there was nothing special about Lochland but the older he got the more he realised that he wouldn't want to live anywhere else. It would always be a special place for him despite the tough times he'd had in the past here. "Yeah, I guess travelling isn't always so fun... and delayed flights are a killer. Nothing worse than being stuck in an airport for hours on end with nothing to do" he added, although he'd be quite sure if that happened to Mathias he'd get to go in some fancy airport lounge. "I'll fly first class one day... though for now it's good old economy" he grinned, it was never fun being crammed into a seat with barely any leg room, especially on a long haul flight.

Kieran did mostly everything himself at the moment, although if he as to open a studio somewhere one day then he was going to need extra staff working for him. He had a bit of a problem trusting other people when it came to his business though so perhaps it wasn't a good idea after all. "I usually do hire an assistant for bigger shoots... photography students are always contacting me. Most of them are brilliant, but I fired one of them" he grinned, he'd felt bad for having shouted at him but the guy in question had completely let him down. "He didn't turn up for a really important shoot I was doing for a magazine... I was fuming. Luckily I managed to call someone else in at the last minute. So I'm more careful now about who I hire for big jobs like that" he shrugged, he had to be fussy when it came down to his career.

Having been lost in conversation for a while with the two men, he had no idea what Charlotte and Zoe were discussing, although it looked like they'd been exchanging gifts with each other. Mathias asked at that point if anyone needed another drink. That seemed like a good idea. Quickly he downed what was left in his glass, "I'll take another one. It's good stuff" he grinned, expensive too, so it wasn't likely he'd be drinking anything like that anywhere else.

--------------------
PM
^
Charlotte Williams
 Posted: Yesterday at 05:33 pm
Newcomer
Nat

Charlotte was impressed as she looked through the wonderful thought out gift Zoe had prepared for her and her eyes started to water a little bit. It was so sweet they had thought of the same thing. Wrapping her arms around Zoe when she saw the adorable picture frame she set it down and smiled at her. “Thank you so much Zoe…You are the best,” she whispered to her and gave her a big hug as she pulled away. Special gifts were impressive when they were thought out and planned. She couldn’t have expected a better gift from her then this one. Looking up at Mathias for a second with watery eyes and she wiped her tear away, and he had asked if they wanted more drinks. Shaking her head, she thought better that one glass was good for her right now and one until dinner.

“No thanks Sweetie, but thank you. I’m ok with my glass now. Can you get me some water though? Love you,” she called out to him as she blew him a kiss and shook her attention as she did a little shake out so her emotions were good now. Her attention still on Zoe she smirked at her when she finished opening the bracelet part she gasped, it truly touched her heart that she thought of her like this. They were best friends. “Oh girl, I can’t believe it. We were thinking the same things. Except for your birthday, I did give you a picture of us too. When was that summer pic taken? I forgot. Was that at the lake?” she asked trying to remember since it was a picture of a beautiful surrounding waters and some mountains in the background. It looked as if they were camping or just out for the day.

Sneaking glances over at Mathias and Kieran and Emil she blushed a little, “I hope they are. Wouldn’t that be something if they were? I’m glad you like your bracelet too. I wasn’t sure to get you a necklace or some other jewelry. Awww thanks for the polishes! And the salon card? Ooooo I can’t wait to pamper myself especially for Valentine’s day in a few months! That’s coming up so quickly you know?” she said to her and wondered if Mathias was going to plan something for her now that they were officially together and moved in soon they would do that next week. She could hope for many more holidays together with friends and him and his son.

note:Click! First gift - Movie passes to the cinemas, friendship bracelet.

Gift 1 | Gift 2 - Movie Passes | Gift 3 in the same bag. lol! :]

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
Fast Reply