February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Coffee Routine, Rhys Abernathy
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 06:26 PM
Townie
Jen

The strangest thing to happen to Alec recently was probably running into Rhys outside of the strip club. What was all that about? The man had tried to run out as soon as he saw the establishment from the inside even though he’d seemed to have full intentions of entering it at first. Still, Alec hadn’t brought it up again because even if it really was weird, there was still a lot he didn’t know about Rhys. Maybe he was in strip clubs every other night and just hadn’t shared that with Alec. Who knows?

At least the one constant in their friendship is that, considering they ran into each other quite often on campus, they usually ended up at the coffee shop together. It wasn’t always quite as fun as when Alec would hang out with his other friends by doing things like drinking and sexing it up, but it was still a nice time, something he’d started looking forward to even.

As usual, he’d been carrying most of the conversation that day, mostly about his usual interesting topics like fashion, and his lesser interesting topics like his research paper. He already covered all of that on their walk from school to the coffee shop and opened the door for Rhys as they walked in before he went ahead to get his coffee order and they settled at their usual table.

“So, what’s going on in your life?” He asked before taking the first sip of his coffee, feeling like he’d spoken enough and was ready to probe Rhys with personal questions even though he barely shared any personal details about himself unless asked, which Rhys never really did.

((Outfit))
PM
^
Rhys Abernathy
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 11:13 PM
Stranger
Riva

Rhys had come to accept, some months ago, that Alec could talk non stop and still find something to say the moment you thought he was done. It was like the man never ran out of topics, or drama, or information, or just...words in general. He found Alec holding the door open for him and thought nothing of it, uttering a soft thank-you in his usually quiet voice. They approached the counter, placed their orders, and it wasn't until they were sitting down at their usual coffee did Alec finally direct a question towards him. “So, what’s going on in your life?”

Rhys looked over his coffee cup, taking a cautious sip of the hot liquid within it. As if his response warranted deep thinking on his part, Rhys took his time. He savored the taste in his mouth and lowered his gaze to the cup as he leaned forward to carefully place it upon the table. Then, finally, he responded as he sat back again, "I have been invited to a gala for Anthropologists and various other people of notoriety." His tone didn't reflect a snobbish tone as his words might have been taken, "It is within three weeks and I have made several arrangements for work while in Paris, as well as arrangements here for Leslie to run the shop while I am gone."

He pulled his satchel onto his lap and flipped the top open, pulling a file from it. Rhys was a fan of having students turn papers in on paper rather than digitally. Some of his students complained about it but it saved him from having to print the things out and it certainly didn't bother him when told how many trees he was probably killing every year. He liked the feel of it beneath his fingers. Not to mention he was probably the only college professor that required all the assignments be turned in in cursive, which was stumping several of the younger students. So much so that he now offered a class on the subject of cursive and calligraphy. The satchel was set down again and the folder opened upon the table, displaying a stack of somewhat messyily written cursive Latin. "All except one matter, which I wished to discuss with you." He uncapped a pen he'd plucked from his pocket under his coat and spared Alec a quick glance before his gaze was on the first paper of the stack.

--------------------
PM
^
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 06:42 PM
Townie
Jen

"I have been invited to a gala for Anthropologists and various other people of notoriety." Well, that sounded fancy…and also a bit boring, Alec couldn’t lie. He doubted that the “people of notoriety” he was into would be there. Not that Naomi Campbell wasn’t smart enough to be into anthropology but she was gorgeous enough to not have to care about anything other than slaying every room she walked to. So, if Naomi wouldn’t be there, Alec didn’t particularly care, so he simply nodded at that and took a sip of his own coffee.

“All except one matter, which I wished to discuss with you." “I’m flattered, but I will not go with you. I’m already your date to the Versace thing, and if Naomi Campbell isn’t there, I’m not interested,” he teased, knowing full and well that’s not what Rhys had been about to ask despite not actually knowing what the other wanted to talk about.

He looked down at the papers on the table and raised an eyebrow. Look, Alec didn’t speak latin, but those didn’t even look like letters. There’s a reason why typing was usually the standard now, and the reason was half the country’s handwriting was absolutely illegible, especially in cursive, not to mention it was hard to completely erase typos or prevent smudges, so he imagined Rhys’ mother was in jeopardy based on how often the students must curse her out. He might be older than Rhys, by a little bit, but he still preferred some of the technological advancements in education.

He didn’t care about trees, but he wanted to understand his students’ handwriting and he liked the look of clean, crisp fonts. Still, how Rhys chose to make hell for his students was none of Alec’s problem, so he made no comment on it.
PM
^
Rhys Abernathy
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 02:42 AM
Stranger
Riva

“I’m flattered, but I will not go with you. I’m already your date to the Versace thing, and if Naomi Campbell isn’t there, I’m not interested,” If Rhys had been even mildly annoyed, he hadn't shown it. Instead he looked up, back straightened, and fixed his glasses, "I had not intended to ask you to join me." His gaze slipped back to his papers as he shuffled them into a manageable pile and proceeded to reorder the stabled packets alphabetically. "You will be my guest at Versace, Alec," he corrected- Alec was not his date. Rhys often sat with perfect posture, and now was no different. There were many who had said this gave the appearance of the man looking down his nose at everything- which it did. But only enough to make people take it the wrong way. After all his expression rarely changed unless startled.

Once his files were organized to his liking, Rhys took another sip from his coffee. Then he pulled a pen from his breast pocket beneath his coat and began reading over the papers as he spoke, "I need someone to enter my home twice a day and feed the bat." What was it's name? "Or, as you call it, Rae." Rae, of course, how could he have even thought otherwise. He was sure Alec would mention something about using the creature's proper name if he hadn't corrected himself. "A diet of fruit, fortified by a dusting of vitamins on the meal." He flicked his red pen across a few words. "Leslie has not been within my apartment and I would prefer it remain that way. You are the only other person in Lochland I am familiar with. I have already contacted several sanctuaries for a second time and none of them have room for another bat. Especially non regional."

--------------------
PM
^
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 09:30 PM
Townie
Jen

"You will be my guest at Versace, Alec," “We’ll see how the night goes,” he teased with a small wink.

Rhys went on to say that he needed someone to feed Rae, which Alec had just been about to agree to before the man continued with his explanation on what to feed the bat and that Alec was pretty much his only option. He simply listened to the other as he drank his coffee, halfway through by the time the other was done. Okay, that had less to do with Rhys having a long explanation and more to do with Alec’s abstinent streak. Keeping himself busy by drinking something helped with the wandering eyes around the shop. God, people just stared at him like a piece of meat…he liked it, but still, it didn’t help his attempt at abstinence.

“You got it,” he said finally, putting his cup down. “Can I use your place to study though? I’m kind of trying to not be around people right now,” he said, eyes narrowing at someone across the room who was giving him the eyes. Not today, beautiful stranger. Honestly though, Alec was totally going to use Rhys’ place to study regardless of the man’s what the man’s answer was. He was just asking to be polite.

“Also, don’t bother cleaning out the fridge before you go. I’ll uh, take care of that for you.” Alec would never let Rhys’ food get spoiled, he would eat it all if he had to.
PM
^
Rhys Abernathy
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 11:48 PM
Stranger
Riva

"Thank you." His voice was as soft and light spoken as ever while Rhys picked up his cup, " You may. I had anticipated such a request," He looked up as Alec went on to mention he wouldn't have to empty his fridge. "My grocery delivery will also continue, it arrives every Monday and Thursday. Leslie will take the order in if need be and store it until you arrive. The fruit will of course be the steeple of the bat's diet however you are welcomed to anything in the kitchen." He didn't doubt for a second Alec would make use of his shower, his couch, likely his bed even. Just the mere thought gave Rhys reason to draw a slow breath and exhale just as slowly as he lifted his cup, "Please do not touch anything upstairs and try to refrain from bringing any guests over." He sipped from his cup, set it down, and again picked up his red pen and had gone back to grading the papers before him.

"I will also caution you that you must wash your hands before and after handling the bat. While it is in good health aside from it's wings it is still a precaution to take. You should also keep your movements slow and deliberate. It is a wild animal."

--------------------
PM
^
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 06:47 PM
Townie
Jen

Rhys confirmed that Alec was welcome to not only use his place as a study spot, but help himself to the groceries. Honestly, at this point it was more like Rhys was doing him a favor rather than the other way around. He made a mental note about everything else Rhys said, fruit and vitamins for the bat. Easy enough to remember. Bats were more more low-maintenance than Alec would have thought!

“Please do not touch anything upstairs and try to refrain from bringing any guests over." “Fair enough,” he nodded… Okay, maybe he’d poke around upstairs because he didn’t usually get to hang out there, but still, he didn’t have plans of throwing a party or anything, so Rhys had nothing to worry about. Unless he worried about Alec hooking up on his couch, which wasn’t exactly in Alec’s plans but let’s face it, it was likely to happen.

“Got it,” he added as the other explained the importance of washing his hands, then took a sip of his coffee as he watched the other grade. After a few minutes, his coffee was finished and he found himself with places to be.

“I picked up an earlier shift at work today so I should get going,” he sighed, stretching his arms up before reluctantly standing up. He would much rather stay there and probe Rhys with questions, but if he didn’t go to work how else would he fund his Korean skincare collection?

“Have fun in France. Don’t forget to bring me the best wine you can find,” he teased before heading out to go on with his day of flirting with gays and sneaking in drinks during his shift.
PM
^
Rhys Abernathy
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 01:59 PM
Stranger
Riva

Rhys had, of course, taken the liberty of leaving a practical manual beside the bat's cage. Alec would be in for a surprise when he found it to be far thicker than he likely thought. Rhys had mentioned the most important needs of the bat. But there was cleaning, brushing, feeding, medications, physical therapy for the creature and of course cage and blanket cleaning. All of these and more were further explained in the fairly thick binder he had left behind, including any other instructions for things that he felt Alec might have needed.

The fire extinguisher for one. Then there was the security system, explicit directions of not touching anything upstairs once more, emergency numbers for not only the sky puppy but also if anything in his apartment went wrong. Leslie's number was also there, although he had requested she not enter his residence. Anything and everything Alec could want or not want was in the binder.

When he voiced that he had to leave for an earlier shift than usual, Rhys only briefly glanced up, presses his glasses higher onto his nose, and nodded softly, "Have a good day, Alec." He would not stop him from getting to work, merely glad Alec hadn't suggested he stop in at the Odyssey to check the place out. What a misadventure that would have been. Once Alec had left, Rhys took his time finishing his coffee yet not so slow that it chilled to an undesirable level. After this he gathered his things, shuffled his papers away, and set off to his apartment to further pack, making a mental note that Alec had requested wine.

Buying things for your friends is what one did, wasn't it? And a souvenir which was enjoyable if not short lived was no less a gift.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll