February 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Loves is in the air and Lovematch.com is back to spread it around. If you are curious what to do this Valentine's Day then look no further than the front page of The Lochland Times.

Craziness continues through the town. Some is funny, some is political and some is just plain weird.

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

The Ice Festival

Beautiful buildings and sculptures made of ice glowing under a halo of fireworks? What a beautiful place for a Valentines Day Date.

Ice Skating Rink

The ice skating rink from last year has returned. Ice Cream Dream will be selling hot drinks at the door. When you get cold why not stop for a treat?

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

February 14th
New Announcements!

February 10th
A new newspaper is (Up!)

February 8th
The Activity Check and Birthday Hunt are over.

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

You've got a friend, Seraphim Drake
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Oct 28 2017, 02:51 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

A life lived without regret was truly all about mindset. A life lived without mistakes remained an impossibility. Regret only meant you didn’t think you could fix what had been damaged, and could not accept that where you were not was for the best. If not for the best, it was the only option you had. You could move on, or waste more time on the past. Special moments were indeed special. Rare, occasionally once in a lifetime. Sure, someone might get married more than once, might even marry the same person more than once. Still, the first time, each time, it was never going to happen again. If Erin could share that moment with her father, that was great. All the better if a special moment could facilitate more normal moments. Life was lived in mundane moments, in the space between special moments.

Erin alluded to some drama with her fiance’s family. Not to even get her started. Sera chuckled. “They don’t get along with each other, or with you?” She wasn’t asking for detailed, but they were a wholly different scenario. After all, it would be easier on Erin if everyone got along with her. Sibling rivalry could last a long time, but hopefully it didn’t actually turn into resentment. Sera laughed when Erin said she was glad to be an only child, “Its definitely… an odd thing to consider. Having such a different mindset from birth and trying to reconcile that. I mean, I don’t have siblings either,” she reminded. It could be like looking in a window at another world. Things were subtle, but it came down to a whole outlook on having someone just… there.

I don’t like thinking about bad things happening.

Probably good. I mean… it would be masochistic to want to dwell on them,” Seraphim admitted with a sigh. There was avoidance, sure, but that wasn’t always it. Sometimes it was just… healthier to not dwell on that stuff. Onto a happier topic, did she have new pictures of Lainey? “Of course!” That was an easy one, and Sera was back to smiling. She pulled out her phone and scrolled to a place where there were a few in a row. Well, maybe like twenty in a row. She didn’t have a lot of things she felt like photographic except her child. She slid the phone over to Erin. “There is a picture of her with my friend. He comes over every… or almost every Tuesday, so I can teach him how to cook. So Lainey is always really excited to see him and wants to get in the way. And there is after dinner them playing with blocks. She usually knocks them over, but she still wants to try. Its adorable. And she’s getting so much better with her hands. She loves to try and draw. Its kind of just swiping her hands across, but she’s better at holding the crayons while she does it.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Heterosexual - Waitress at Gertie's - Apartment
PM
^
Erin Fox
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 09:54 AM
Newcomer
Kate

Families were certainly complicated things. It seemed everyone seemed to have some kind of family drama going on. "Oh, I get on with both of them just fine. They just don't get on with each other. I mean I don't see his youngest sister Lucy much because she lives in California and she honestly doesn't keep in contact too much. But Natasha, she's a couple of years younger than Charlie... she's almost like one of my best friends now. It's nice" she smiled, she had been accepted by his family pretty much straight away and his parents were just the loveliest people ever. She'd be so happy to have a marriage like theirs. Erin nodded her head, she couldn't really imagine things any other way. "I have a stepsister... but it's not quite the same. She's only twelve, I feel more like an aunt than a sister to her" she said, her father had pretty much taken her on as his own which she still thought was odd and a bit of an insult to Erin considering how he'd never seemed very interested in her growing up. But she tried not to get jealous about it, it was something she'd just learnt to accept.

Well she would have been surprised if Sera didn't have any pictures of her daughter. Erin smiled as she happily took the phone from her friend so she could look at the photos, "Oh my gosh, look at her" she smiled, there was no denying that she was an adorable little thing and Erin had never been mad on babies. There was a picture of Lainey with one of Sera's friends, probably someone Erin had most likely served at Looseleaf or walked past at some point, sometimes she felt like everyone knew each other in this town. That wasn't always a good thing. "Your friend seems like he's good with her" she smiled, someone Sera possibly spent a lot of time with? It wasn't her business so she wasn't going to ask. Erin continued to swipe through the photos, "She is adorable, Sera. Bring her in next time, there's always crayons and colouring pages here" she smiled, she did try to make the place family friendly and made sure there was a small children's corner. It made sense. Keep the kids occupied whilst the parents could sit back with a coffee and still keep a watchful eye on them. "You've got some lovely photos there to look back on" she smiled as she passed the phone back to Sera and reached for her coffee again.

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Nov 22 2017, 10:28 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Apparently Erin’s future sisters-in-law did not get along with each other, but they did get along with Erin. “Well at least you have them on your side.” If they didn’t interact much, that probably didn’t help them getting along better. Usually if you had to interact you could come to some sort of peace, even if it was forced. Siblings usually loved each other even when they didn’t get along, right? That was Seraphim’s impression. Natasha was a good ally for Erin, and she was one of Erin’s best friends it seemed. Sera smiled. “That’s great.” Erin’s step-sister was young enough Erin felt more like an aunt. “Yeah, I can see that. Although… I dunno, seems like it wouldn’t be quite the same then either. A bit different from both?

What loving mother with a smart phone was capable of not carrying around a ton of pictures of her baby? Sera beamed at Erin’s positive response to the pictures. She said that Sera’s friend seemed good with Lainey, Sera nodded. “He’s definitely one of her favorite people. She got to know him before Cooper was even back in town so… there was a strange time where she would have latched onto my friend but… didn’t really want Cooper to try to hold her. That has passed though, so I’m happy.” Cooper deserved the chance to carry around his daughter, even when he had been gone for periods of time.

Sera was encouraged to bring Lainey in next time. “I’ll definitely do that. She would love that. Hopefully she wouldn’t get too loud. She can get chatty when she’s excited.” She continued smiling when she got her phone back and was told she had lovely pictures for the future. “I try to put a lot of them in an album as well. I don’t want to just rely on my phone memory. Do you think you want kids ever?” She was no presumption on Sera’s part. If someone did not want children, they shouldn’t have them. It wasn’t exactly something you should go into negatively. Some people had to, but Sera wasn’t endorsing that. Although she was curious.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PM
^
Erin Fox
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 05:08 AM
Newcomer
Kate

It was definitely good that she got on with Charlie's family, the last thing she would want was to marry into a family that didn't like her or approve of her. But she had never felt like that around his family and was very grateful they'd accepted her from the beginning. It was one less thing to have to worry about. Erin nodded her head at Sera, "Exactly. So I still have no idea what it's really like to have siblings" she laughed slightly, she had a niece and nephew on Charlie's side so she was definitely more used to being an Aunt.

Erin continued to smile at the photos whilst Sera talked, explaining how her Lainey had known her friend before Cooper was back in town. "That must have been a little confusing for her" she grinned, though she was sure kids seemed to adapt to change easier than adults did half of the time. Then again, what did she really know?

"Aw, well tell her I'm excited to see her" she smiled, not that she expected Lainey to really understand that, but still. "Oh definitely, I think we rely on technology too much... I'd hate to just lose everything one day. I know I'll be making sure we have all our wedding photos printed" she smiled, they'd probably also be backed up on several devices too. Sera's last question didn't surprise her, she probably should have realised it was coming at some point. "I'm going to have to get used to people asking me that once I'm married, aren't I?" she laughed slightly, she hoped it wasn't expected of her to have children. "But honestly? Probably not. I love children, I'm just not sure I see myself as being a mother" she laughed, she felt far too selfish. Children had never really been part of the plan, but she was more afraid of disappointing Charlie - she still worried he was going to wake up one day and decide he was desperate for a child. Then what? "Never say never though" she smiled, though time was going against both of them and if her maternal instincts ever did kick in then she supposed she'd have to get a move on. "Would you like anymore?" she asked, almost returning the question, hoping her friend didn't see her as being one of those selfish women that had no interest in motherhood. The way Erin saw it was that it would be far more selfish to have a child when she didn't want one.

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 10:11 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

While Seraphim’s parents had been completely loving toward her former fiancé, Cooper’s father had been anything but. Sera was not sure that Cedric liked his son, but she was sure he didn’t like Sera. Even without solid memories to back that up, she had enough information to know. Apparently everything about Seraphim was inadequate, including the fact that she was not properly Asian. Maybe it would have been easier on Cooper if he didn’t like Sera’s family, since he had to deal with the loss of them as well as she did, but it still seemed like everything was easier when families got along with the loved ones of their kin.

They talked briefly about Lainey’s attachment to Kiefer, and her distance from Cooper when he first showed up. He had come back within time for her to never remember a time when she didn’t know her father, however Cooper was going to remember it. Like with anything, you wanted the best in every moment as a parent. Seraphim wasn’t someone who would piece her little girl’s ears, even if the pain would be forgotten in a day and never remembered again. She didn’t want there to be any moment when she could protect Lainey that she failed to do so. Some things were life lessons, but bonding with her father was best done early. “It was confusing for her but… I mean, she just knows familiarity. She got used to my voice in the womb but… everyone else she mostly just knows after the fact, so right now they’re just friends or strangers. It was more confusing for other people I think.

Tell her I’m excited to see her.

Sera laughed, “I will do that.” Erin said that they relied too much on technology, and mentioned printing wedding photos. “Of course. I print out an album of Lainey pictures. Sure it takes up more space to have physical copies of anything but… some things are worth it, right?

Erin said she would have to get used to people asking if she wanted kids now that she was getting married. “Oh, probably,” Sera admitted with a chuckle. Apparently Erin probably wouldn’t want kids. She liked them, but she didn’t see herself that way. “Mmm.” never say never. “True. I think… having children isn’t anyone’s responsibility. There are a lot of children. And having children isn’t like something… wrong. Some people think you should have kids, and some thing you shouldn’t have any because of the population. I think you love them if you have them, and if you want them and can take care of them, then have them… if not… its certainly not doing you or them good to do it out of some social obligation, right?” She shrugged.

Would Seraphim like more? Goodness. “Uh… yes. I think I want like… I don’t know, six? Six more? A lot, basically. I guess I’ve always wanted a lot, but I intended to get married before having any, so I’m not really trying to have any others without that… but we’ll just see what happens. If I do marry Cooper, I’m sure we’ll have lots of kids, but that’s in the future. Maybe at some point I’d adopt more, or try to get into taking care of foster kids. But I also wouldn’t want to presume to have more time and energy than I actually have. Just because I love kids.” Not to break her own rules. "For what its worth, if you ever do have kids, your perception will change. You can't quite know what to expect until it happens, so I think you would do well if you wanted to."

--------------------
PM
^
Erin Fox
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 05:51 AM
Newcomer
Kate

Erin would of course look forward to seeing Lainey, though for now she would make do with the sweet pictures Sera had taken of her daughter. "Yes, definitely. Albums are fun to look back on... some pictures are more embarrassing than others I guess" she laughed, "Well, I'd hope my wedding photos won't be embarrassing" she made a slight face as if she were pretending to be worried. It was down to Kieran to get the best shots on the day, she could trust him, right?

She sipped from her coffee as Sera spoke, and of course it made sense, why should she have children just for the sake of it or because it was seen as the 'done' thing. It was her choice what she did with her life and it would be sad if other people tried to dictate it. She was always happy to just go with the flow though, see where life took her. She didn't really see the point in making too many plans because you couldn't predict what might be around the corner. "Exactly. You're spot on there. I mean I wouldn't have a child just because everyone thinks I should" she shrugged, if she had a child it would be for the right reasons. Of course, accidents could happen and there was always a chance she'd fall pregnant unexpectedly. She might be a bit clumsy but remembering to take her birth control pills was something she never forgot.

Erin's eyes widened when Sera mentioned she wanted six chldren. Six. Erin couldn't even begin to imagine having such a large family, not when she was an only child herself. "Well I can see you're a wonderful mom already, and I'm sure Lainey will be an excellent big sister one day" she smiled, she really hoped it did work out for Sera and Cooper. Erin was quite the hopeless romantic at heart. She nodded her head, of course if she ever did have a child she'd want to do her best and she'd want to do everything right. "We'll see. I mean I don't really expect to wake up one day and suddenly decide I want a kid... but stranger things have happened. I honestly never really bought into the whole idea of marriage until fairly recently. I saw my parents go through a divorce and that kinda put me off" she shrugged, then she'd come to the realisation that she wasn't her parents. "Then he popped the question and I wondered what I'd been so worried about all these years" she laughed, there had been no way she would have turned him down, not because she didn't want to humiliate him but because she was completely confident she wanted to spend her life with Charlie. Why not make it official?

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 11:21 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

I am not aiming to have the most embarrassing pictures at least. I don’t need weird bathtub or potty training photos like some people. But I have some with food kind of everywhere. I don’t think you’ll have that at your wedding… oh, I guess you could have the cake face smashing photos. Planning on doing that?

Erin seemed to know what she wanted as far as children or the lack thereof, so there was nothing to convince. It wasn’t Sera’s place. Maybe if Lainey wanted to have a baby when she was still underage, then Sera would have something to say. She would definitely have something to say. Ah, that was a horrible thought. Still, other adults were capable of making their own decisions, and even if they were going to make a reckless one, it wasn’t like other people got to control that. Erin was taking care of herself so that she could do things as she saw fit.

Six children. Erin’s eyes widened, and Sera laughed. Yeah, that was about how people reacted to that number. She wouldn’t be holding anyone to that exact number, but she did want a bunch, and she knew that a lot of people were intimidated by that. Erin told her that she was a good mother already, and Lainey would be a good big sister.”Thanks. I think she might be a jealous big sister the first time around, but after that she will like more babies.

Erin hadn’t wanted to get married until Charlie asked, worrying about her parents’ marriage. “I think a lot of people are like that. Either they want it or they’re afraid of it for the same reason, right? I’m glad Charlie asked. I’m sure that was scary for him, if he knew that you weren’t really into the idea, but you are good together. Its just one more step in life that you two can take how you see fit, not follow what anyone else did. You’ll do great, Erin.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply