September 2016 Featured RPG
October 2016 Featured RPG
November 2016 Featured RPG
February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have You Read the Newspaper?
You can read the latest edition Here

Something tasty this way comes. Enjoy the food Festival with the family, take the kids to the Kids Corner, or flash your Legal ID and enjoy drinking responsible at the Beer Festival.

Did you hear about the fight in front of August Whitmore?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open Since January 2nd, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Food & Beer Festival

So many foods, so little time. Enjoy stomach-filling activities with the kids or bring your ID for a Beer sampling adventure!

St Patrick's Day Bar Crawl

A Camp Ground, Big Tents, Irish Entertainment, and Alcohol? Party!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

April 17th
We need your help! Click Here

April 16th
Little Halloween is coming. We want your input

April 14th
A Food and Beer Festival? Where?

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Old friends New Times, Tag: Abel Jensen
Colton Spade
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 10:45 PM
Local
Riva

Bang

Two seconds.

Bang

Another two seconds.

Bang

Every two seconds, per the rules, a new shot rang out from Colton's SIG. Eight total, not allowed upon entry of the gun range to have his ninth ready in the chamber. This was a good way to let out steam- shooting things that was. He probably would have preferred to shoot a tanerite filled self-healing target out on some property, but around here that wasn't likely. Where there was property it always seemed to be filled with horses or some such and most of them weren't used to the sound of gun fire.

There was nothing quite like the smell of GSR or seeing the freckle of it over your hands after a long few hours of pelting faceless outlines of some poor sap. The standing, though, the standing was less pleasant. Colton couldn't find a comfortable position standing, so had switched to seated firing, only to switch back and forth several times throughout the three hours he was at the range. The only time he ever truly felt comfortable was either heavily medicated or laying down, and even laying down had it's pains. Sometimes he wondered if it would have been better to have his leg amputated, rather than all these steel rods and pins stuffed in.

Finally, exhaling a heavy sigh as he lowered his weapon, Colton stared down his ally at the silhouette on the other end. The poster-sized page with light dotting through from the backside wafted gently back and forth until he reached up and held the button down for a return. It whooshed across the alley until stopping abruptly before Colt. He tugged it from place, reviewed it, crumpled it, and began to pack his gun up. It took him a short time and after tossing his targets into a trashcan by the range door, exited from the shooting gallery to the small mudroom that divided it from the rest of the range. From there he could safely remove his ear muffs and goggles, making sure to step on the sticky floor-pad to remove residue from his shoes upon exit into the parlor.

Every step from his right leg was a jerkish movement that caused Colt to visibly limp, unable to bend his leg at the knee much more than it was worth. He approached the counter and leaned on it, wincing softly as he waited for service. At that point it was just a matter of collecting his I.D. and being on his way, since he had paid previous to entering the shooting gallery.
PMEmail
^
Abel Jensen
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 11:40 PM
Local
Ry

Work was still an adjustment. Nothing would ever be the same, or anything close to the military and what being a navy seal had meant. It was physical and if you couldn’t hack it you didn’t get a second chance, pass or fail live or die, that was what the seals had been to Abel. Oh but he had loved it, maybe not every second of it, but there was a love buried deep down for everything he had learned from his six long years of service. Hell, if he hadn’t missed home so much he wouldn’t have thought twice about pledging himself another chunk of years, he had a few good years left before he was too old to be a seal but he would have transitioned to something else if not for his family and having already missed so much.

Working at the range was a good substitute. He worked with guns, the smell of gun powder everywhere and the dull echoes of gunfire that could sometimes be heard when the range doors were opened for people to pass through them. Whatever his parents’ issues with him working here he would never understand, he liked being here and he got free range time whenever he wasn’t working and a discount on ammo, what wasn’t to like? Ugh, but his parents were too… future driven to appreciate that he was happy here; they wanted him to have a wife, kids, and a fridge filled with something other than beer and left over pizza.

He had just started his shift about an hour ago and things had been mostly dead around the shop and he figured it would stay that way for a while. Feeling the sunglasses he had resting in his head slip forward he removed them and set the carefully on the glass case that served as a counter, and forced his hand through his hair. ‘Later’ he called to his coworker who was on his way out the door and settled in for his shift. His dark eyes stole a glance through the glass door where he could see his precious Alice waiting for him to get off work.

Alice hadn’t been anything overly impressive when he first found her but now the 2012 GSX-R 750 had been freshly painted and enhanced well beyond her stock features, the bike was one to be reckoned with now. He didn’t bother to look when the range door opened and closed. “Hope you swept your shells, they don’t pay me enough to clean.” He called, already irritated with the lazier shooters who refused to do their part. The counter was on the far side from the range so after a moment of letting the person make their way to the counter he turned to face whoever it might be.

“No fucking way!” A smile broke out across his face, replacing the typical annoyed expression he seemed to have. “Colton?” It was a question but it was rhetorical, he wouldn’t have forgotten someone he had grown up with. “Shiiiit, I thought for sure I’d know if you were still here, we used to cause so much trouble in this town.” The tone in his voice evidence enough of how happy he was to see a truly familiar face. Lochland had changed so much in six years, he hadn’t believed in until he had seen it though. In his excitement, he had forgotten to grab the man’s id from the back wall. “How you been?” Abel had been back for a few months and it still hadn’t been enough time to run into all his old friends.

[[Outfit]]
PM
^
Colton Spade
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 11:33 PM
Local
Riva

{{Outfit}}

Immediately on Abel breaking out into a smile and questioning his name, Colton looked over both shoulders as if confused on who this Colton guy was. He pointed at himself stupidly with a confused expression, but the rouse was short lived and an equally as happy smile split his own mug, "I'll be damned," He carefully set his hard carry case atop the glass display case, "The hell did you get back!? Last I'd heard you were off kicking ass and taking names!" Abel had grown, that was for sure. Or was it just the fact he had grown in a physically mature way? But what did it matter- faced with a familiar face he hadn't seen in years, Colton could have been beside himself. "Good, uh, well, Mostly good." He hesitated, glanced past Abel, and then sighed, "Mostly. Still here anyway! Heh, I was keep'n trouble makers like us in check, till, well," He motioned towards the wall where the IDs were kept and then tried to playfully thwap Abel on the arm before pointing towards a cane which had also been stored behind the counter. "Pass me that cane, will ya? How have you been, man?"

His moment of hesitation, he was sure, had been one of those mood swings trying to interrupt what should be a happy reunion of sorts. But Colton was determined to push it aside for once in favor of re-greeting Abel. He was excited to see his old friend, probably like that 'stupid excited' level. You know, where you get flooded with all those awesome memories when times were easy, food didn't give you heart burn, and he'd had use of both legs! He didn't wan't to go into the entire story of why he used to keep trouble makers in line right that second; however by the second he was growing more uncomfortable in his standing position. He couldn't put too much weight on the glass case and likewise with his own leg.

While he waited for his cane to hopefully be passed to him, Colton just smiled like an idiot. The cane itself had originally been left behind purely for the fact he hadn't wanted to deal with it while in the range. Never failed, no matter where he leaned it against the thing was always falling over and getting in his way. At least here it could be leaned against the wall in a carpeted area and wouldn't be likely to fall over and pose a trip risk for himself or anyone else.
PMEmail
^
Abel Jensen
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 11:17 AM
Local
Ry

Abel’s assumption was returned, briefly, with a confused glance around as the other tried to play it off as though he wasn’t the person Abel had been addressing. He almost bought into it too until Colt cracked a smile to rival his own.

The navy had been great for Abel, he had come a long way in those six years and he had made bonds of friendship that he would always remember. What he had taken away from his previous career was great and he would carry those memories with him for life but it wasn’t the same as seeing people that he had grown up with. Growing up he and Colt had spent a good amount of time together, getting into trouble just for the thrill of it. There weren’t too many memories from his youth that didn’t have Colt in them and now here they were again.

“I'll be damned, The hell did you get back!? Last I'd heard you were off kicking ass and taking names!” Abel managed to grin even wider at the comment, feeling that it was an accurate statement. “Haven’t been back too long, couple a’ months. Figured six years in the Navy was long enough. Started missin’ this place.” He had missed Lochland and his family, the homesickness was what had kept him from renewing his contract. He was surprised he hadn’t seen Colton before now, he figured any of his siblings would have said something about it, but they hadn’t. No matter. But how had the other been, and what had he been up to while Abel was away? “Good, uh, well, Mostly good. Mostly. Still here anyway! Heh, I was keep'n trouble makers like us in check, till, well, Pass me that cane, will ya? How have you been, man?”

‘Mostly good’ wasn’t great but it was better than not good. When the cane was requested he glanced over his shoulder, not having realized that the thing was back there until then. He grabbed that, and the id, and returned both to Colton across the counter. “No way. You badged up?” It seemed they had both grown up in those six years he’d been gone. “That’s cool though, I mean, it sounds like you were kickin’ ass and takin’ names of your own, huh?” He didn’t want to bring up the past tense of what Colt had said, he figured it wasn’t something the other wanted to talk about or he would have already explained.

“I been good. Mom n’ dad, they get on me for shit but that’s probably the worst of it.” That was something he didn’t really want to get into either but the words had come out before he could catch them so he just shrugged. “What you got here? A SIG?” He gestured to the gun that had been placed on the counter and shuffled his own weapon from its holster on his left hip. “I carry this one most but I have a few others at home.” He had picked up a good bit of gun knowledge from the military and was building on it now that he was working at the gun store.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll