February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Dinner Date, Tag: Basil Kaya
Alondra Vidal
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 06:34 PM
Newcomer
Daria

It was no secret that Alison was looking for a father, and Alondra knew that was her motive when the girl pestered her endlessly about signing up for Love Match. Truthfully, it didn’t take a lot of convincing, Alondra was game for anything that was free, but she needed to make it clear to Ali that she wasn’t looking for a husband. She wasn’t sure she was interested in romance to begin with, on a much deeper level than simply not looking for a relationship.

Alondra never had any sort of deep romantic attachment. She’d felt close to people, but not in the way others described as “love.” As the years went by, she realized other people felt the same way, and among the labels that kept being created to describe people’s attractions on an endless spectrum of orientations, she’d found “aromantic.” She wasn’t sure yet whether she identified with it or not, but it was a possibility she didn’t have time to think about.

It was interesting how she once hadn’t cared for labels and was now so curious about them. She’d been insistent on calling herself bisexual lately because even if Alondra did find someone, Ali should be okay with having two moms instead of a traditional mom and dad. The idea of Ali even calling someone else her parent was a whole other matter that brought on headaches for Alondra, but in the end it worried her more to think that Ali wouldn’t be happy if Alondra brought a woman home as her fantasy of having a nuclear family would never be fulfilled. Up until what point must a parent put their own needs aside to care for their children?

She’d been so consumed in thought that she almost forgot she was even waiting for someone, but she didn’t know Basil, and her mind was always more occupied with family matters than anything else. She clearly wasn’t nervous about meeting a stranger as there was nothing to be afraid off. They would chat, eat, and if the night went well, maybe shag.

Never did her mind go further than that. It wasn’t a matter of being open to a potential relationship or not, but just that she didn’t consider it even at her daughter’s insistence to “see what happens.”

Despite that she put her best effort to look good. She liked to play dress-up and given her sister worked at Trudy’s, she had access to nice clothing with an employee discount. The clothes would most likely be returned the next day, but she wore it like she bought them without a second thought.

The dress fit her like a glove, accentuating her curves in all the right places. She stood on her slender legs, slightly crossed as she held her coat folded on her arms and opened her compact mirror to reapply a bright shade of red on her lips, waiting for her date. She’d arrived just in time given her daughter practically pushed her out the door, but otherwise would have arrived at the usual half hour later.

Alondra's Outfit
PM
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 11:37 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Dear Journal-

I’m uncertain if I am a masochist or a romantic, but I signed myself up for lovematch.com. What was I thinking? What if I actually like this person? What if I have a connection? My mental health would curse them makes it clear that I can’t be with anyone. All I can think of is when Lucy left me when i supported Lucy’s career over my own happiness. Sometimes it is harder to take responsibility for this when I feel so much the victim.

Well, I’m an idiot, but I’m not a jerk.

Enclosed are the details of my date, and I will not keep this person waiting. I will make sure that this is a great time. I can’t be the perfect man, but I can try to at least offer the best parts of myself to a stranger for one night. Maybe it could be a friendship.

Alondra Vidal

What kind of person is she? I suppose I’ll find out during a carriage ride and food. Free food. I’ll let you know how things went, journal.

-Basil

Basil Kaya was a planer. Not so much in the ‘his hand held planner was his bible’, but in the sense that every large step he took was done with as much preparation as he could possibly do. For instance, he knew sunset was at 5:22. That meant that they’d be riding the horse drawn carriage during the failing hours of the evening. It would give him plenty of light to see his date or stare off into the sky above the woods if it was too awkward. The view should be quite pleasant. There was also the matter of the carriage. He’d researched the company. They specialized in open carriages. That meant there wouldn’t be a roof. He dressed warmly, tucking a small blanket under his arm as he made his way out of the taxi to the gate of Stonelake park.

In the summer he enjoyed walking the several miles to the state park, but winter was far more vicious. His suitcoat was insulated, but his dress slacks were not. The blanket would help once he was sitting down. Walking? He’d probably freeze.

Usually for his first dates he enjoyed bringing a beautiful vase. Something he could fill with the flowers he’d bring to dates to come. In this case he went straight for the floral offering. Something more likely to be appreciated than a crystal object they’d have to carry around with them. It was meant to be worn on a wrist, hopefully it wasn’t too irritating. He’d .. never worn flowers on his wrist before.

Ehem....

Well.. he was the first here. Not a surprise, he always arrived early. Preferably about fifteen minutes. Rather than stand around he looked over the menu he’d printed off the Internet then followed it up with a tiny pamphlet of interesting Lochland facts. Most of it he’d probably forget, but it was something to look through. The man took a slow walk along the road leading to the ranger station, turning back when he flipped back to the menu. Being mentally idle was a great way to let his mind wander. Followed usually with crippling thoughts of depression. He was all too thrilled to see a woman appear near the gate. Basil quickened his step and tried not to surprise her.

Wow, she was pretty. No, beautiful and .. familiar? Why did she look familiar? ”Pardon me...” He called from ten feet away, closing the gap quickly with a warm wave of his free hand. ”You.. wouldn’t happened to be-” Okay, he’d practiced this... google had given him a spanish AND english pronunciation and he’d decided on English. ”Alondra?” The slightly curled papers in his left hand were shoved into a pocket. ”I’m Basil. ” Unlike the herb of the same spelling, he pronounced it Bah-zil. ”It’s a pleasure to meet...” The sound of horse shoes on concrete caught his attention and he looked back to see the carraige making its way towards them. ”... you. Hah, you have excellent timing.” He couldn’t help but feel a minor thrill at the thought of riding in a carriage. Already he was being swept away in the moment.

Clearing his throat, he gestured towards their moving transportation. ”Please let me know if you are at all offended, I’m a little old fashion. Ladies first.” He offered his hand, opening the small door of the carriage before the man driving it could step down.

--------------------
PM
^
Alondra Vidal
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 12:14 AM
Newcomer
Daria

Alondra wasn’t so well prepared for the weather, but as her newest friend Alec liked to say, a ho is never cold. She had admittedly taken her coat off to show her figure because it’s not every day she got to dress so nicely. On an average day she actually dressed down often so this was her night to show it all off, at least until she started getting goosebumps.

As she shut her compact mirror closed to put away, she heard someone talk in her direction and looked up as she slid the mirror into her clutch. It was directed at her alright, considering it was her name. He pronounced it well enough that she didn’t need to correct him as she did with most people. While her family did actually pronounce it in Spanish, she didn’t care either way as long as they didn’t pronounce it as goddamn “Alone-drey”.

She didn’t have any sort of attachment to her Italian, Cuban and Spanish heritage, but it was common courtesy to at least try to pronounce someone’s name right or ask how it was pronounced, and she felt she was owed that respect so the fact that Basil tried won points in her book.

“That’s me,” she smiled, remembering why she was there in the first place. Whatever worries she had were pushed away so she could give full attention to her date. She looked over the other, appreciating what she saw. While she was usually into bigger and tougher men, she liked them sweet too, and he seemed to have sweetness to spare.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too, but I do feel like I’ve met you before,” she commented, playfully tilting her head to the side as if regarding him. “Just not formally.” In a small town like Lochland it did feel like she’d met everyone before as it was likely she’d at least seen most of the population in passing… Oh shit. "You don’t happen to teach at August Whitmore do you?”

If there was one thing Alondra avoided when on a date, it was talking about her kids, but he was bound to realize where he’d seen her before eventually. Usually, men would run off the second she mentioned having two daughters, especially after mentioning she was taking care of her niece as well. If he even brought it up, she would make it clear that she had no intention of going on a date to find someone she could bring home to meet her daughters.

She chuckled the other mentioned how she had good timing and gratefully entered the carriage. She wasn’t old-fashioned, but she liked being treated like a lady, especially since she didn’t often get that luxury.

“Have you been on one of these before?” She asked, meaning the carriage they were about to ride on. She hadn’t herself since it cost time and money she didn’t have.
PM
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 02:15 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Dating was not for the faint of heart. It brought with it nervousness, self-consciousness, and maybe a little doubt. Basil was hesitant to think too far into the evening lest he distract himself from what he was currently immersed in. Alondra was quite pretty with dark hair and fetching eyes. Her name alone was interesting, but he was trying to place where he’d seen her before. He swore he had. “It’s a pleasure to meet you too, but I do feel like I’ve met you before. Just not formally.” Ah, so he wasn’t alone. "You don’t happen to teach at August Whitmore do you?” The surprise was evident on his face. ”Why, yes I do.” She wasn’t a parent in his class, but it was obvious they must have brushed by eachother at some point. ”Kindergarten.” He smiled warmly, changing his attention to the approaching carriage. Questions would have to wait.

He was careful to open the door and offer her the convenience of getting into the carriage first. The seats looked comfortable, but he’d have to try them himself to be sure. “Have you been on one of these before? He should his head, following carefully with a low grunt. ”No. Not at.. hnnnh.. all.” This was a little more difficult than he expected. basil took a seat gingerly then unraveled his rolled blanket with a sigh. Maybe it had been a bad idea to exercise yesterday. He’d been fine until he tried climbing into the carriage. ”I’ve always wanted to take a ride in something like this, but it was something I’d rather do when I’m not single. There are simply certain things best done with someone else. I would deem that a rental carriage would be one of them.” A slight bump on the road made him pause, unused to this mode of transportation. ”Honestly, I prefer walking everywhere. Every time I’m in a car I feel as if I’ve been carried away outside of my control. It’s.. odd, i’ll admit. Makes me a tad motionsick.“ er... ”This isn’t so bad. Not as fast, kind of um.. elegant? In an ageless sort of way. I suppose I should just be happy I didn’t have to ride a horse.” He smiled politely, offering her an edge of his blanket. ”Here. We can share, if you don’t mind. I’ve brought enough for everyone.” So to speak.

The countryside before them was lovely. After about a mile on pavement the horses turned off a road and took their carraige along a far narrower path. Still paved, no low-hanging branches in site. ”We must be on the private path. I read about it before coming.” He turned his attentions to his date, hoping she was just as interested in the trees and the beautiful multi-colored sky beyond. ”At night there should be lanterns up for us to see our way.I’m sure it will be just as fetching a view.” The chance to use ‘fetching’ in a sentence was somewhat thrilling after working with kindergarteners for so long. At times he worried his some-what expansive vocabulary would slowly be muddled into simple words and phrases for the rest of eternity. ”If you.. don’t mind me bringing it up, you mentioned my career earlier. I assume you’ve seen me there?” It was something that would nag at him later if he didn’t get it out of the way now.

--------------------
PM
^
Alondra Vidal
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 08:53 AM
Newcomer
Daria

Alondra had just been about to respond to Basil being a Kindergarten teacher before she was interrupted by the arriving carriage, and she had to bite back an amused smirk as the other struggled a little getting into the carriage. “Thank you,” she said, helping herself to the blanket he offered. “It’s a good thing we signed up for lovematch then. Carriage riding is a first for both of us.”

Her head eventually turned to admire the change in scenery, thinking that the only thing that could make it better would be a glass of wine in her hand, but her attention was soon brought back to her date as he eventually brought the question of how she recognized him. He didn’t seem like a creep so she didn’t particularly mind telling him about her kids, but she knew a mother of two wasn’t exactly attractive. However, she brought the subject on in the first place and there was no use in lying. What other excuse could she have for waiting around at the school for two young girls to come out?

“Yes, I’m sure I’ve seen you in passing. I pick up my daughters when I’m not working, and my youngest Bonnie is in Kindergarten. Maybe you’ve seen her. She sure likes to make her presence known,” she said with an amused smile. She knew very well who her daughters’ teachers were, so she knew Basil wasn’t among them. “I must have seen you around. Granted, I don’t usually look this stunning, but you’ve probably seen me too,” she teased.

Her usual wardrobe was very much…mom. Not a bad thing, but it didn’t reflect her true personality as an occasional hell raiser. Her current dress didn’t reflect that either, but that was intentional. Maybe she was pretending to be more elegant than she really was, but she made no attempt to hide any piercings or tattoos. She hadn’t meant the previous comment in some attention-seeking manner either, she dressed for comfort after all, not to impress the PTA moms.

“So, do you like teaching?” She asked out of curiosity as one can’t have a date without asking questions. There was a lot to learn about a person by asking about their profession. Was it something they’ve always wanted to do or did they fall into it? Were they still working to get to their dream job? Did they try to make an impact or simply work for money?
PM
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 12:22 AM
Newcomer
Kat

She was a parent? He admittedly had not expected that. "I’m sure I’ve seen you in passing. I pick up my daughters when I’m not working, and my youngest Bonnie is in Kindergarten. Maybe you’ve seen her. She sure likes to make her presence known,” His brows lifted in suprise, but his expression quickly melted into amusement. ”I’m afraid I’m a little oblivious to students that are not my own. They aren’t my flesh and blood, but they are under my care. “ He wished he had paid more attention now. It would have made for good conversation. “I must have seen you around. Granted, I don’t usually look this stunning, but you’ve probably seen me too,” Basil couldn’t help but laugh. ”Well, I suppose that is a thing of the past now. It’s too late, you’ve now become an acquaintance. From now on we can exchange awkward glances when you visit the school.”

The scenery was quite pretty, but he tried to keep himself attentive to his date. In a move that he hoped wouldn’t get him into trouble, Basil laid part of his blanket around her legs. ”Here, neither of us should be cold. “ He tried hard to keep his hands from any place that would be unreasonable, smoothing the fabric gently along her feet before settling back into his chair. “So, do you like teaching?” A valid question. ”Yes! I really love what I do. Family has yet to be in the cards for me so it’s nice to guild young minds and watch them discover the world.” The man hummed contentedly. ”A counciler suggested it in college. It was the best suggestion I’ve ever listened to. Plenty I have not, I’ll admit. “ He folded his hands into his lap, trying hard to not seem too friendly or over the top. The lump in his coat pocket reminded him he still had a gift for her.

”Ah!”

Well, that was.. unnecessary. ”I, um, I have flowers for you. They feel a little ’prom-ish’, but I’m a little practical so..” From under the blanket at the heavy fabric of his jacket, he pulled out a plastic box with a beautiful white corsage. ”I won’t be heart broken if you won’t wear it. I figured that something on your wrist might be more practical than carrying around flowers. They could get lost or be a bother. “ The kindergarten teacher smiled nervously, offering the package to her. ”I figured white would work best, since I didn’t know what color your dress would be. “

--------------------
PM
^
Alondra Vidal
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 09:37 PM
Newcomer
Daria

Basil looked surprised for a moment when she told him about her youngest being in Kindergarten, but she was grateful that the subject didn’t go on. She loved her kids, but she wasn’t the type to corner people to show off pictures of them or talk about their achievements. That didn’t mean she couldn’t brag, but there was a time and place for that, mainly the PTA meetings Ali insisted she go to. The one thing she enjoyed about them was the back and forth with some of the more pompous moms. The look on their faces when Alondra talked about Ali’s accomplishments made the whole thing worth it.

She was usually also asked how old her kids were when they found out she had them, which then led to being asked how old she was, because apparently she looked much too young to have a teenager, to which she stated was none of their business. The looks she would get for being a teen mom were enough to wean her off the topic. She wasn’t ashamed of it, but Ali couldn’t say the same, and she would rather not embarrass her daughter if she could avoid it.

There she went again, mind wandering off to family matters so she unintentionally missed the first part of what he was saying. Maybe she needed a night out more than she’d originally thought. It wasn’t obvious that she’d zoned out a bit, and she tuned in just in time to laugh at his joke about having to exchange awkward glances at the school.

She raised an eyebrow slightly as she saw his hand reach out before realizing that he was just shifting the blanket around her legs. What a sweetheart. She thanked him before listening to his story. “I’m glad you’re doing something you love then,” she smiled.

“It must be fun to work with kids, they’re the funniest people ever. I was working in the pediatric wing at the hospital the other day -I’m a nurse- and I was waiting with a kid, about 3 years old, who was going home after recovering from a surgery. She was really curious about the human body while she’d been staying at the hospital and she asked us to teach her all the names of organs, so when her parents came by she proudly started going on and on about the small intesticle and the large intesticle,” she chuckled.

Basil then exclaimed in surprise and explained that he’d brought a gift for her, a corsage. That was smart thinking. Alondra appreciated flowers, but she didn’t want to be hauling them around all night, so a corsage was perfect for her. She also found it simply adorable how he even seemed a bit nervous, and she smiled warmly at him as she took the corsage from him.

“Thank you, it’s beautiful,” she said, placing the package on her lap and taking the corsage out to slip it on her wrist. Of course she would wear it. “I knew my outfit was missing a little something,” she added, playfully holding her wrist out in front of her as if to admire the corsage. It did look rather nice against the passing scenery.
PM
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 02:23 AM
Newcomer
Kat

He was grateful that Alondra was so friendly. When she talked her eyes seemed bright and her smile charming. It easy to drown himself in the naive feeling, but he wasn’t an idiot. The description was made by the Romantic in him, and he was well aware of its faults. He was It was easy to get drawn into thoughts or feelings, losing track of his inner demons. In the end he could be a bit of a sucker. Even this early in the date he had to be mindful he didn’t do anything foolish.

So he’d tell himself in anycase...

Alondra was a nurse. She was fond of children, and he couldn’t laugh at her story about the ‘intesticales’. Kids could say the craziest things. ”They are fun. One of my favorite questions I have had was if bugs sleep. In honestly I didn’t know then and I didn’t look. That kind of question is so.. creative. I inspiring. A thought outside of the normal box. “ He admitted pleasantly. ”It’s probably why I remember it so clearly.” Pausing, he took a moment to cover them both with his blanket then offer the corsage he had gone out of his way to get. It felt a little youthful for a date between adults, but she seemed pleased. “Thank you, it’s beautiful. I knew my outfit was missing a little something,” Watching her put it on warmed him slightly, tempering his smile with a boyishness that he’d probably be embarrassed of if he could see himself in the mirror. ”I’m so glad. It looks very elegant on your wrist. Very lovely.” He could see his breath on the air as he exhaled in relief. ”Hopefully it doesn’t freeze in the cold.” He had high hopes. ”It should be alright. Flowers are kept in freezers- coolers?- hmm. not sure which... er.. that is, at the flower shop.” There he went, he was fumbling. Laughing softly, he glanced away and adjusted the collar of his shirt with a finger, moving it away from his neck.

Right.. it was just a date.

”I’m looking forward to seeing the the meal. I don’t often get to eat fancy food.” Sometimes it was hard to talk to adults. Being on a date had him hyper aware of every word he said. He watched the trees past with interest. There were light chains on them. Off at the moment.. ”How long do you think it took them to put all of those up. It had to take time. “ He finally glanced back at his date for another try at being engaging. ”I grew up in a singe parent family on a military base. Light strings are magical. we couldn’t afford many, but seeing them against the cold grey sky or the darkness or the white of snow or the transparent sheen of ice... it’s just.. “ He pondered a moment. ”I can’t think of the perfect word.” He’d already used ‘magical’. ”A whole vocabulary and not a single word seems to satisfy me. “ His brows lifted slightly, creasing his forehead. ”Do you have any suggestions?” Just barely in sight she could make out a building. It was far down the path, but the path was rather straight. Certainly man made.

--------------------
PM
^
Alondra Vidal
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 08:08 PM
Newcomer
Daria

Basil had his own kid story to share, though it was more in wonder of kids than laughing at their silly occurrences. Alondra had many more to share, but most were of her own children. “Sounds like a smart kid,” she hummed, thinking it would be nice to have the same curiosity of the world that kids had. “As someone who used to want to study entomology though, insects don’t sleep, they rest, so you have an answer if the question comes up again,” she chuckled. Little known fact that Alondra actually did give her career prospects some thought when she was a teenager. Not a lot, but she’d had the idea of working with animals as many young girls did.

“It should be alright,” she assured, noticing the man was a bit nervous. “If not, we’ll just have to have another date on a warmer day,” she teased. She didn’t want to put pressure to have another date, and they hadn’t been there enough to gage whether this would go onto another date, but it seemed like a fun thing to say…hopefully it wouldn’t make the man any more nervous.

“Me neither. I work 12 hour shifts and I’m lucky if I get 30 minutes to buy a cold sandwich,” she said with a shake of her head. “And my daughters are picky so I have to cook what they like,” she added with a light shrug before smiling again, “so I’m more than excited to eat something other than mac and cheese with bacon.”

“Breathtaking?” She offered. “Unfortunately, string lights weren’t as special to me. My parents were doctors in a nice neighborhood, very concerned with showing off. They liked to deck the house out in lights during Christmas. Maybe it could have been beautiful if it had been any other home, but the gaudiness ruined it for me.” Not that she meant to put down Basil’s perception, but it was just her own. “Did you serve in the military as well?” She asked, going back to how he mentioned growing up in a military household.
PM
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 09:04 PM
Newcomer
Kat

The distinct twinkle of Christmas lights entranced him in his youth, and certainly continued to impress him now. Basil liked simple pleasures. The magical flicker of tiny lights in the dark added beauty to the mundane. At the moment he had trouble thinking of a word to describe it. ”Breathtaking?” The Kindergarten teacher grinned. ”Yes, I would certainly say that would suffice. “ He’d have to consult a thesaurus later. It felt as if he’d verbally dropped the ball. “Unfortunately, string lights weren’t as special to me. My parents were doctors in a nice neighborhood, very concerned with showing off. They liked to deck the house out in lights during Christmas. Maybe it could have been beautiful if it had been any other home, but the gaudiness ruined it for me.” How interesting. ”That is certainly a rare opinion, but not a bad one. As I’ve said, I’m not fond of riding in vehicles and prefer to walk. We are all allowed our differences.” The man ran his hand over his chin, pondering what else about him was different from other people.. well. besides...

It wasn’t important.

“Did you serve in the military as well?” The man looked a little confused, but realization hit him quickly enough. ”Oh. haha, no.”

He cleared his throat, shifting slightly to sit up slightly in his seat with every home of seeming a little more relaxed than he felt. ”My parents were both military.” This was never easy. ”Sadly My.. dad passed away when I was a toddler. I don’t remember him, but.. my mother refused to let me be like him.” His smile felt weighted, but he smiled all the same. glancing out past the carriage for a moment to reign in the slight softness he felt in his chest. Basil found himself clasping his hands, slouching slightly. ”I’m the youngest of 5 kids. Only boy.” The chuckle he managed was more to expel the slight gloom the topic tended to bring out. ”I grew up in a house with four sisters and My Mom. She worked really hard. I’m grateful for everything.” What a great way to start the date. ”Your daughters are quite fortunate to have someone who cares so much about them.” Clearing his throat, he settled back into his seat and smiled at her. ’I only hope I can treat you as well as you deserve.” The approach of the building felt like a god send. ’I believe this is our stop. Shall I get out and offer a hand? I can fold the blanket up for later.” There was still a ride home, after all.

--------------------
PM
^
Alondra Vidal
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 01:26 PM
Newcomer
Daria

Alondra felt guilty for asking if he’d served once she saw how uncomfortable it made him. Shit. “I’m sorry to hear that,” she said, gently placing her hand over his as long as he allowed it. She didn’t dwell on it once he’d moved on. “Wow, four sisters,” she hummed before chuckling.

“Don’t know how you’ve managed. I only have one, older than me, and we drove each other crazy for most of our lives.” Siblings were always nice though. She and Larisa had been barely talking until the other needed her, which sounded worse than it really was. They were brought back together because that’s just how it goes with siblings. They annoy the shit out of each other but at the end of the day they’re there. Alondra could only hope that her daughters would be there for each other too despite the age gap.

“Thanks, hon, you already are,” she said with a small smile. Despite her children not being her favorite subject while on a date, being told her daughters were fortunate to have her was the highest compliment a mother could ever get.

The ride came to a stop and it was an opportunity to shift from the topic. Alondra had nodded to the other’s question and graciously took his hand before stepping out of the carriage. They would soon be inside and she wouldn’t have to worry about being cold anymore. She took the man’s arm if offered and walked with him to the restaurant, admiring the surroundings, but as beautiful as it was, she was getting quite hungry.

Once they were seated and looking over at the menu, she glanced up at the other. “I think that now that we’re seated it’s the best time to play questions,” she teased. If he agreed, she continued. “If you won a free trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go?” She asked, closing her menu as she decided on what she wanted.
PM
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 02:18 AM
Newcomer
Kat

The gloom of losing a parent could quickly cloud even the best of conversations. Basil usually regretted when it came up, but felt that honesty was better than struggling to change the subject. He was grateful for what he had. His four sisters and mom had given him more than he could ask for. “Don’t know how you’ve managed. I only have one, older than me, and we drove each other crazy for most of our lives.” The man smiled, nodding warmly. ”Well, I learned to stay out of their way. I’m quite fond of survival. Being alive can be rather nice.” His mother meant well with all she did for him, and he felt that Alondra’s children were fortunate to have her. He offered her a compliment then turend to look at the approaching building ahead.

‘Forest End’reminded him of a place lumberjacks might live. The entire building looked like a log cabin, and as he finally exited the cab of the carriage he couldn’t help but wonder if the rustic exterior was continued inside. He wasn’t let down. He led his date into the building to find everything had the theme. There was even a bear statue. If he had more time he probably would have explored, but a woman quickly took them through the building to a gorgeous glass porch. ”Well...” He managed, pulling out a seat for his date. ”We went all the way through a building to be outdoors again. At least it is heated.” The wood-fired food would be delicious, he was sure of it. Just the presentation of the establishment alone was now giving him high hopes. The kindergarten teacher took a seat with a sigh, picking up the menu with an internal giddiness he intended not to express. “I think that now that we’re seated it’s the best time to play questions,” That was an unusual way to say ‘have a conversation with someone you never met by using safe questions to get to know eachother’. “If you won a free trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go?”

.....ooooooh.

”hah..” He took a moment styfle a laugh into his fist. ”Ehem.. I.. well..” He was the wrong person to ask that question to. ”Honestly I would probably hate traveling by bus or car or plane. They’d have to magically teleport me to a location.” His discomfort with transportation had struck again. "I suppose if I could do that i’d like to see Europe. I’m not sure what I’d see there, but I’m sure something would come up. Mostly I’d want to travel and try new foods. Maybe hike for miles to small villages and try the local cuisine. Maybe I’d buy a bike. I hear people bike there.” Hopefully that was an answer, he wasn’t completely sure. ”I’m afraid I’ve never played this game before, you’ve caught me unprepared.” A feeling he rarely felt and disliked greatly.

The Kindergarten teacher looked pensive a moment, trying to think of what he’d say.

”So, what is your favorite food?” A subject close to his own heart. Being a foodie was hard to miss for him. It was simply what came to mind. ”I suppose it’s a predictable question, but I’m quite curious. I’m rather fond of breads. Baked goods.. They know me by name and face at Plum Street Bakery. It can’t be helped. I would dare say that beer, in a way, is another fantastic creation of yeast. Liquid bread. ” His eyes dropped to the menu he’d already looked at several times. Some of it was highlighted on his notes, but he didn’t pull them out. He knew it well enough not to need them now.

--------------------
PM
^
Alondra Vidal
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 10:46 AM
Newcomer
Daria

Maybe Alondra asked the wrong question, because Basil seemed uncomfortable with the thought of traveling by car, bus or plane, but he still played along. Europe was a safe answer, though nonetheless interesting. Sometimes it wasn’t about the place but about the purpose. From his answer, she gathered that he was pretty passionate about food, which was a solid reason for traveling.

“That would be fun. I’ve only ever traveled outside of the states once, to Italy when I was little girl, but given the chance I would love to go to Germany. Berlin in particular.” Party capital of the world. “Only if I’m traveling alone though. With my daughters it would be tricky to do the things I would want to do.” Nothing particularly naughty (well, maybe a little naughty), but not the kind of things that people usually bring their kids along for.

It was then Basil’s turn to ask a question, and it turned out to be something food-related. “I’m afraid this is pretty basic, but I love a good steak, especially if it’s spicy and served with potatoes,” she hummed. She wasn’t the healthiest eater, and usually opted for a bag of chips instead of a full out meal if she had the choice, but when she was really hungry, she needed a hearty meal. “Maybe that’s what I’ll get tonight instead.” She’d originally decided on some chicken, but the meal was free so why not go for steak instead? She scanned her eyes quickly over the menu again to find what she was craving before closing it up again.

“We can agree that bread and beer are fantastic too though.” Especially when her girls were at a sleepover and she could kick back on the couch all night. “Another question… What’s the last song you listened to?” Considering that Alondra had a child and a teenager (three if you counted her niece, who lived with her), and Basil worked with children, it should bring some interesting answers.

“The very last song I listened to was Little Einsteins earlier today with my little niece and daughter,” she chuckled. “But the last one I heard for myself was probably…Piece of my Heart by Janis Joplin.” Alondra didn’t often get to sit back and listen to music, but when she did she was very selective. She loved the classics though she had nothing against today’s music.

OOC: Sorry, thought I had already posted a couple of days ago!
PM
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 02:38 PM
Newcomer
Kat

He wasn’t certain when he started obsessing over food...hmm.. well, maybe ‘obsessing’ was the wrong word. There was no doubt that Basil loved food, but he didn’t strain himself over it. At one point he’d survived mostly off of bread. The long miles walked had been a solace he couldn’t describe, and the simple pleasure of good bread could make his day. Maybe it was best to go with what he knew to be true. He was a foodie. Traveling over Europe and trying new things would have made him quite happy. Not just the food itself but maybe the beer. He was happy to see that Alondra might have had similar interests... maybe.. He wasn’t prepared to read too deeply into a woman he had just met.

“Another question… What’s the last song you listened to?”

That was a good one.

Basil chuckled, looking down at his plate with a mixture of embarrassment and amusement. “The very last song I listened to was Little Einsteins earlier today with my little niece and daughter, But the last one I heard for myself was probably…Piece of my Heart by Janis Joplin.” Respectable. ”It’s.. hard for me to think of-hmm..” What music had he been listening to. ”Well, in class we’ve been learning a song called black socks. It’s a rather short piece. Kind of pretty, honestly. Outside of glass I’ve been learning to play a few various tunes on my acoustic. I’m not that skilled, but I enjoy it. “ He hesitated a moment before adding.. ”I also play the mandolin. Though there aren’t many songs I play on it. I own two of them. One is an heirloom. One of my ancestors apparently played. “ He offered her a modest smile. ”I can play a pretty decent ‘losing my religion’. It isn’t something I usually walk around with in town, but sometimes I take my acoustic out to sit outdoors. It’s a nice change from being cooped up in an apartment.”

A woman arrived, bringing a small basket of bread that looked dark and smelled amazing. ”Hello there.” He nodded pleasantly. ”Those look great, thank you.” The woman smiled, setting down three different types of butter. ”Everything is cooked over a wood fire and is made from scratch. We’ll be putting out a few appetizers shortly. For now enjoy our freshly turned butter.” She left a quickly as she came, he had a feeling she wasn’t their waiter. ”Ah...” Glancing to his date, he smiled sheepishly. ”Well.. I do love bread. Apparently I made a wish.” Ugh.. okay, that was a little cheesy. He could have been a little more witty, but it was too late now. Hours working with 5 year olds had curbed him. Maybe he needed to get out more.

--------------------
PM
^
Alondra Vidal
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 09:31 PM
Newcomer
Daria

“You’ll have to play for me some time,” she teased as he mentioned being able to play ‘Losing my Religion.’ “That’s one of my favorite songs. Well, it’s actually hard to narrow down what my favorite songs are, but if I were to make a list, that one would most definitely be among the top.” It was a classic, and Alondra enjoyed the classics. Somehow she could perfectly picture Basil outdoors, sitting on a smooth rock to play his mandolin in solitude. It suited him.

Alondra would have been satisfied with just one type of butter. Three different types seemed like overkill but she wasn’t one to complain over variety and a free meal. The bread certainly smelled amazing, and one couldn’t go wrong with butter, right? She took a chance on it, taking a piece of the bread and randomly choosing one of the butters to spread on it. She hummed softly in appreciation after taking her first bite. It was fresh, soft and fluffy, a higher quality than probably any other bread she’d tasted before.

“This could be my whole meal and I would be satisfied,” she joked, wondering if she should try the other two butters at the risk of filling up too much for the main course. She was planning on absolutely stuffing her face, but she had a pretty small frame so how much food could she really fit in her stomach before feeling like she was about to explode? Basil made a little joke of his own, which Alondra found amusing in an endearing way.

She popped another piece of bread into her mouth as she thought over another question to ask. Conversation could happen naturally, but she liked to pry. “So…Last questions. Lightning round. What was the last book you read? What did you want to be as a kid? Where were you raised? Go.”
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll