September 2016 Featured RPG
October 2016 Featured RPG
November 2016 Featured RPG
February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have You Read the Newspaper?
You can read the latest edition Here

Something tasty this way comes. Enjoy the food Festival with the family, take the kids to the Kids Corner, or flash your Legal ID and enjoy drinking responsible at the Beer Festival.

Did you hear about the fight in front of August Whitmore?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open Since January 2nd, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it.

Come join the fun!

Food & Beer Festival

So many foods, so little time. Enjoy stomach-filling activities with the kids or bring your ID for a Beer sampling adventure!

St Patrick's Day Bar Crawl

A Camp Ground, Big Tents, Irish Entertainment, and Alcohol? Party!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

April 27th
May Announcements are out!

April 17th
We need your help! Click Here

April 16th
Little Halloween is coming. We want your input

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Food, Glorious Food, Tag: Jaya, Teagan Landry
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 03:33 PM
Local
Jaya

Mr. Responsible. Mr. Responsible for other people and maybe not really his own sleep schedule, sure. Teagan skipped out on sleep quicker than he cut back on anything else. Well, exercise. He’d given that up for a while too. He was back into it though. He liked to be fit enough to feel like he wouldn’t be someone’s punching bag if they became so inclined. He was pretty sure he would be fine, although social conditioning that made him hate fighting would probably be more detrimental than being slightly out of shape, honestly. None of this was going to come up, but it crossed Teagan’s mind while James gushed about Teagan being responsible. A teacher, a dad. Yes, he was doing alright.

When Robin and Orianna came back Robin resisted groaning when the very chipper man grabbed his hand. He shook James’ hand all the same, but it was clear to Teagan that Robin was thinking something about how he was a grown man and wasn’t calling anyone Uncle anything. Robin did not, after all, have any aunts or uncles. Whether biologically or legally. Even the girl that Teagan lovingly called his little sister, who was smack dab between Teagan and Robin’s ages, Robin merely called by her first name. This man was overflowing with enthusiasm and Robin didn’t want to get any of it on him.

“Nice to meet you,” Robin responded once he was sure he would get his hand back. Teagan chuckled, they looked about polar opposites in behavior. Robin, seeming almost a bit strange being a couple of inches shorter, but standing up straight so he made full use of his height. Not to puff himself up, but because he had good posture. Not much better than Teagan. Gymnastics had forced Teagan to pay attention to his body so he didn’t slouch around too much, but Robin was just based on personality, Teagan supposed.

James praised the bottle of Arizona green tea, and Robin was aware that the question came to him. “At a booth, a bit south of our location.”

Do you like green tea?” Teagan asked, “We can spring by there. I think we were just browsing, but Robin found the tea that Orianna was looking for, so we didn’t have much of a goal after that.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim Drake
Tracker - Bisexual - High School Spanish Teacher - House
PMEmail
^
James Jordan
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 11:16 AM
Stranger
Caturae

Robin and James were obviously very different personalities, but then so were Teagan and James. James was friendly and bubbly and wanted to make friends with everyone, or acted like he was friends with anyone, and both Teagan and Robin definitely weren't.

James rocked on his feet slightly. "That's cool, knowing which way south is. Which way is south? I'm not the greatest with directions, I have no idea where north or south or east or west is in comparison to everything else. Does your watch have a compass on it?" He asked Robin, moving position to try and get a look. "That's a good idea, a watch with a compass. It must help if you ever got lost."

Still, they were talking about drinks, not wrist wear. James folded his arms as he thought about whether he liked green tea. "Well, I like some green tea. I never used to, but my long time roommate is into anything healthy like that and it's grown on me. It's usually hot how he makes it. I'm not sure I've had it cold... let me try yours?" He asked Teagan, actually waiting for permission rather than going ahead and grabbing it. It was a small detail of how he'd grown up since they'd last met - at a younger age, James would have already had the bottle in his hands and taken a sip without even thinking to ask. So, he was slightly tamer than when he'd been younger, even if poor Robin might not have thought that was possible. "You two might not actually be related, but you still look really similar." James commented, looking at the two men, even their fashion sense not unlike.
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 01:21 PM
Local
Jaya

If Teagan and Robin were so similar at the age of six, they’d taken quite different paths. Robin was the way he was from neglect, and Teagan from a much more direct abuse. It would not have surprised Teagan greatly if Robin took the attention he now had available and thrived off it. Becoming that loud, boisterous person, and yet he had not done so. Far from it. Teagan supposed it was for the best, because they didn’t need that many loud voices in a small space at home. Robin was busy not moving away when James looked over at his watch. His watch did happen to have a tiny compass built into the watch face, but he hadn’t been consulting it.

“Yeah,” Robin said, regarding it being a good idea to have a watch with a compass. As far as it helping him when he got lost, that was what the one in his pocket was for. Although, he didn’t get lost unintentionally. “I know the directions of town by landmarks.” In a town primarily divided into west, east, north, and south, it was not that difficult. From there he just had to keep track of what direction he was facing in the park.

Could James try Teagan’s drink? “If you want,” Teagan said, holding it so James could take it. He was fairly accommodating, no matter how strange this all was. He chuckled when James said that he and Robin looked similar despite not actually being related. He took the positive out of that. They were around an inch apart in height, similar enough statistics, although thanks to Chandra, Teagan was darker skinned. Robin was less positive. He had, literally, been told that he was not related to his father. Sure, he was adopted, but he wasn’t not related, it just happened to be legally.

Robin sighed, but didn’t voice his disapproval.

So, do you want to get on yourself or pass? I don’t think they have any hot green tea around here. I usually get them in jugs and refrigerate them at home, I don’t make it on a stove pot.” Teagan did enough cooking in that sense. Usually, Robin was more inclined to make hot tea, but not green tea specifically.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim Drake
PMEmail
^
James Jordan
 Posted: Today at 05:58 am
Stranger
Caturae

"Ah!" Having not been in town too long, James wasn't aware of the various parts of the town being in different directions, or not enough to be able to pinpoint which direction north was. "Maybe when I've been here longer I'll be able to do that too!"

He took a mouthful of Teagan's drink, letting it rest on his palate to try and get a true taste of the drink, before taking another sip. "This is really good." And another sip. "So much better than when it's hot!" And another sip, and he lifted the bottle to peer at the contents and label, "Do they flavour it with something?" He asked, rhetorically, finally giving Teagan back his bottle sans quite a portion of the liquid that had been inside. "Thanks." He acknowledged, though he wasn't quite aware how much of the green tea he'd drunk.

"Well, that's a definite for getting some for myself! Which way did you say it was?" He turned around, almost tripping over his own feet, until he found what he thought was the right direction. He fell into place at Teagan's side. "So, what do you like to do when you're not teaching? What's there to do around here for fun? We need to organise something."
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Today at 01:21 pm
Local
Jaya

James was positive. Maybe he would have the directional skills of Robin when he’d lived here longer. No one said anything about it, but Teagan supposed he had a lot to get used to. Being around James at all. Thinking about the past. From this interact, he wasn’t sure he could get away from James if he’d tried. What could he do, tell James to back off? That was harsh. He didn’t necessarily want him gone, but that didn’t mean he was comfortable with any of this currently. There was a lot to accept.

Meanwhile James was downing around half of Teagan’s tea. Teagan arched an eyebrow as he watched the other man not seeming particularly concerned with how much he drank. He apparently liked it better than when it was hot. Well that was good, although it did mean he’d enjoyed it enough to drink a lot. Teagan shook the bottle when he had it back, thoughtful, but not saying anything once he had a guess based on the weight. “Um, Ginseng and honey? They have other variations, but this is pretty standard for the brand.

James spun around a bit until he appeared to be facing the right direction, and Robin silently pointed in the direction that they’d gone. Orianna just giggled a bit. Maybe he seemed a bit like a lost puppy. A clumsy, oddly dressed, enthusiastic puppy. So just… a puppy, yeah. James found a place at Teagan’s side, and they walked, with Orianna and Robin behind them.

What did Teagan do for fun? Besides teaching. Not a lot. For fun? “Origami, or walking my dog. I go jogging, and I study.” A few things. Child psychology. Sign language. Certain recipe books. He didn’t really cook for fun though, so he didn’t mention it. “Do you do any of those things?” Teagan looked amused by the question. Jogging wasn’t exactly that much of a group acitivity for him. Not everyone had a dog. He’d actually had some people over to teach them origami, but not many. Orianna being one. And he wasn’t going to study childhood trauma with James. When he saw the booth with the green tea he mentioned to his rather quiet son, “You two can look around if you want.

“Alright. Want to go?” Robin asked Orianna.

“Sure.”

“We’ll meet up later,” Robin said to the two older men before finding another direction to get some social relief.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply