February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Holidays are important in Lochland Grove. It is no wonder the community is buzzing over Little Halloween; a celebration of the town's bravery in the face of serial killer Robert Lewis.

Now that Lewis's copy cat is behind bars, does Little Halloween hold new meaning? What of the approaching Hurricane Caroline?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

ASK JAYA
(Click Here!)

Jaya has looked over your questions and written some answers! Check out the May Announcements for all the details, and maybe learn something new.

Word Count Poll
(Click Here!)

Help us decide if we should keep the word count or maybe lower it. let us know your thoughts!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

May 26th
Word Count Poll!

May 10th
Ask Jaya and
May Announcements!

May 5th
Look! A Newspaper!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

[M] Keeps On Giving, Darrell McGuiness
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 02:23 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Her boyfriend was lucky to be alive. Lucky to have friends like her former neighbors to help him. Katerina had even killed for him. Yes, Darrell was a lucky man, and she wanted his attention now. Maybe it had been the sex that had made her more greedy to be around him, but there she was; demanding his immediate company. “Whatever you want, Baby, you’ve put up with a lot.” If she could have managed the emotion she would have smiled. There was a warmth in her chest full of satisfaction. Some day she’d explain herself a little more. Maybe give him a better understanding of what made her tick.

.. then leave him..

..oh...right..

“Maybe breakfast in bed, a foot rub, let ya sleep in?”

Darrell was still going, but she’d lost a tiny chip of her contentment with the realization she had little to do before hunting down Alex.

”Maybe a foot rub. I’m not interested in waking up to cereal or sleeping in.” Come to think of it, she couldn’t remember the last time she’d had one. ”Are you any good at them?” Her heart beat suddenly increased, realizing he’d closed the distance between them. ”With those big rough calluses of yours?” Her eyes lowered to look at is hands then glanced up his body, knowing full well she was moving dangerously to undressing him again. ”Perhaps we should open presents first. “ And she should get dressed. Yes.

One small round in the shower and she could feel the attraction all over again. Her cheeks flushed delicately as her eyes glanced towards her Christmas outfit.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 02:50 AM
Stranger
Asa

“Oh, c’mon I made ya a great breakfast your first mornin’ here, even though ya almost shot my left testicle off.” ah, what a memory, and then she had barely eaten anything. It was a Southern thing, see a skinny girl, feed her! She wasn’t skinny anymore, he had first noticed it in her arms when they became a little less stick-like and he couldn’t see the veins anymore, she was getting a lot more food now. Not that he minded, he had always been drawn more toward her personality, since day one. She hadn’t let on that the gain in weight was bothering her at all, so he hadn’t said anything, “What, foot rubs? Yeah!” he had large, strong hands and lots of experience after all, though it had been a long time since he had last tended to a woman’s feet he was sure it was a lot like riding a bicycle. He didn’t really want to tell her why he was so good at them, once again avoiding a subject he didn’t like to talk about, but maybe it wasn’t important.

“Oh,” he was beginning to get where this was heading as her eyes took him in and her face blossomed with color but she mentioned presents and Darrell figured it best they get things done that needed to get done, fun could come later, that was the responsibility factor of being adults, unfortunately, “They still in the guest room closet?” unless she had hidden some elsewhere but he was sure he would have found them by now if that were the case. They could put them under their weird ass Christmas tree, which had actually turned out to not be a total freak show in their living room, still it was going on the bottom of the lake the moment Christmas was over. Next year he would buy ornaments … next year? Darrell paused and was actually surprised in himself for holding out hope this relationship would last until then. Of course he hoped it would, but experience told him otherwise. There were so many deep, dark secrets between them, after all. That didn’t just end or go away with time or distance …

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 03:24 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Whatever depressing future she held, the present was looking bright. Katerina may have meant to tease her boyfriend, but now she was being swallowed up in the thoughts of a simple foot rub. Well, probably more than a ‘simple’ foot rub. There were things to do, presents to unwrap. All Kat had to do was get her head out of her attractions and back to what was practical.

Easier said than done.

So, presents.

”They still in the guest room closet?”

The woman’s brow wrinkled softly. ”Most of them, yes.” Had he been sneaking around and looking for them? ”The rest are in my underwear drawer.” She doubted he’d looked there. If he had then he had some explaining to do. ”Unless you already grabbed those.” It was a little cruel, but she did wonder how far he’d gone. ”Why don’t you take everything to the living room while I get dressed?” It would be safer that way. No temptation. She’d put that off until after the presents.

Tossing her towel, she turned away and immediately started struggling into her bra. Most of them were worn and on their last legs, but Katerina had purchased a few new ones while christmas shopping. She struggled with one carefully then quickly slid her clothes on. Unlike her boyfriend she went barefoot; sound bothered her more than the cold.

When finished, Kat made her way out into the livingroom and glanced at the tree. She’d grabbed a small box from her underwear drawer and set it carefully on the coffee table before taking a seat on the couch. ”What would you like to open first?” She asked with reserve, unable to bring herself to grab at anything. A hard life had made it difficult to accept gifts. Choosing which one felt like heresy.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 04:26 AM
Stranger
Asa

“Whaaaat? I wasn’t snoopin’ ...” he defended as she gave him “the look” about the location of the presents, “I can’t look in a closet in my own house?” he asked in jest but had to admit he hadn’t looked in any dresser drawers in the spare room, he had no reason to and couldn’t even remember now why he had been looking in the closet the day he had discovered her presents in there, just that he had stood there looking down at them … counting them and realizing he hadn’t gotten her anything and not realizing things were that serious. He was bad at this, they both were, how this was even remotely working was beyond him, some sort of miraculous, cosmic intervention perhaps? It was funny when he really thought about it, “I ain’t touched ‘em.” but he would now, to take them from the spare room and into the living room to place them beneath the tree Snake had peed on at least twice now that they knew of, “Yes, ma’am.” Not the best idea, honestly.

He couldn’t help a sleepy morning yawn as he carried a few wrapped articles into the den, placing them beneath the tree and wanting a cup of coffee, not even sex could wake him up … or maybe it just made him more tired. Dammit. Nothing quite like getting hot and heavy in the shower before your first cup of coffee, not something he could say too often.

He brought Kat’s gifts into the room as well, she had gotten him a few more things than he had gotten her, but she just seemed so wanting for nothing he had been at a loss as to what to give her. Something practical, she was a practical woman, a hardworking one as well, should he get her something for work? He’d never had so much trouble buying something for someone in his life. He started the coffee maker and sat down on the couch as she came into the room, wearing clothes now and sat next to him as he narrowed curious eyes at the box on the coffee table,
“Hmm, well this one’s closest.” feeling a little lazy this morning he went for the easy present, “Unless we’re savin’ it for last.” silly, she had given him free rein over what to open first why would it matter if he picked this one? The coffee pot began making its signature popping sound from the kitchen.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 12:12 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Presents weren’t her specialty. She had to ponder things and plan. Luckily Katerina had plenty of down time at work. The grave yard was quiet now, and cleaning houses kept only her body moving. In time she’d finally thought of gifts. For sheena she’d gotten a few gift cards to various stores, paid for maintenance on her motorcycle, and had even found a place with reasonably priced furniture for what would hopefully be a future apartment. Her boyfriend was given more physical gifts.

Where would he start?

“Hmm, well this one’s closest. “ He pointed to the small package she’d put on the coffee table. It was something she was almost nervous to give him. “Unless we’re savin’ it for last.” Katerina shrugged, grabbing the box and handing it to him. ”Feel free. “ It almost figured he’d choose that one first. Almost. Darrell had many reasons for how he behaved, and she didn’t tend to expect anything from him. All she could do was trust him.

Staring intently, Katerina was hardly nervous. He’d either like it or hate it.

user posted image

It had taken her ages to make. Buying the little pieces, fumbling with the tiny beads, learning to weave things with leather. The shed at the graveyard was now full of craft things including a try at chainmail links. In the end she decided leather was better than that. Why would Darrell want a chainmail bracelet? Granted, why would he like the woven leather one she'd worked so hard on? "If you don't like it, it's fine." She commented quietly. "Next year I'll get you something from the sex toy store instead." The way her boyfriend reacted IN the shop, she was certain he might vacate the house. "Do you like it?" There were wrapped packages of new under shirts, t-shirts, jeans, a new belt, and even boot polish. None of them showed she had a creative side but this. The woman tended to be practical. "There's a leather store in the town over. I've been trying a few things out." Not well. She'd tried making a leather pouch with no real success. Rivets were not fond of her.. or maybe the leather was too thick. She also had a feeling she might need to dye it all first, but didn't. It was nestled in a bag away from everything in the corner of frustration.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Apr 23 2018, 08:29 AM
Stranger
Asa

The small box appeared to be a jewelry box and the first thing in Darrell’s mind was that it better not be a ring of some sort, he wasn’t sure how he would react to that. They had only been together for a few months, then again that had been about as long as he and Mary Beth had been when they just decided to have a child, not the worst decision of their lives at least. Kat’s apprehensive just made him a little more nervous, worried he wouldn’t like it, the hell was in this box?
“Good luck with that.” was all he said to the comment of the sex shop. What would she get him, a blow up doll?

Getting up the courage to open the box was a little tough, Darrell was pretty no nonsense, if he didn’t like what he saw it wouldn’t matter what he said, it would show all over his face. But the bracelet was surprising more than anything,
“I ain’t wore a bracelet since the nineties.” it was more of a warning, like he would forget to put it on or something, “Yeah, I like it.” it was kind of rugged, he liked the leather and neutral colors, “Are you a regular there, is that where the jacket came from?” his birthday felt like it was so long ago but he recalled getting that jacket, made him want to get a motorcycle but unfortunately, that wasn’t keeping the low profile Darrell knew he needed. Might as well paint a target on his back.

Putting it on to test it out for himself it looked pretty good, besides he doubted anyone would give him shit for it, if they did well … their funeral,
“Tryin’ out a few things?” a curious tone in his voice, “Did you make this?” it did look handmade now that he was really lookin at it.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: May 11 2018, 12:57 AM
Newcomer
Kat

He didn’t look content with it. “I ain’t wore a bracelet since the nineties.” Katerina wasn’t sure what to think of the surprise on Darrell’s face. There had been hours of learning and trying and failing involved, but it was his reception that was most important. It was up to standards she thought would make a decent present. “Yeah, I like it.” The woman exhaled softly. Maybe all of the trips to the leather store had not been in vain. “Are you a regular there, is that where the jacket came from?” What? ”No. Not that kind of leather store.” His coat had not even occurred to her.

Well, he liked it... good. She’d tried a few things to find something worth making for him. The organized piles of failed projects were all hiding in the cemetary. , “Did you make this?” Kat’s eyes left the bracelet to look at his face again. They stared for a moment before she answered. ”Yes. It isn’t professionally done, but it’s cheaper, and I learned a new skill.” Always a bit of a survivalist, she didn’t see the harm in learning how to use leather rope. She pointed at the beads carefully. ”These took time to pick out. They weren’t cheap, but I wanted something that looked good. Something you might like wearing.” The woman looked away, unused to the awkward feeling of pride and embarrassment. ”Glad you like it.”

Getting up, she glanced over the presents. ”My turn?” She wasn’t sure what to do.”Anything in particular you want me to open?” Kat was far from comfortable accepting any gifts, but she would. It was Christmas.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: May 13 2018, 11:41 PM
Stranger
Asa

“Oh?” his curiosity was piqued, “What kind of leather store, may I ask?” the laughter in his voice was undeniable, “Did they also sell whips an’ ball gags?” hopefully she wouldn’t ask how he knew about that shit but he didn’t think it would be something she as into at all, she was already pretty sensitive in the bedroom and he couldn’t picture her even walking into a store like that.

“Those’re the best gifts.” he admitted, “I can make stuff but … prob’ly nothin’ you’d like.” he laughed. The things Darrell could make were usually simple; work benches, burn barrels, porches … improvised explosive devices, “I can wear it out for sure,” he commented, examining it more now that he knew she had actually made it herself, looking closely at how it was constructed and trying to fathom how difficult it may have been, “not when I’m workin’ on the yard’n shit of course, don’t want it gettin’ caught on nothin.’” Darrell was proud of his lawn, and a bit of a grass snob, often judging other people’s yards, something he had gotten from his old man and he pictured himself one of those nosy ass neighbor types if he actually managed to live into his sixties.

The couch springs gave a slight creak as she stood from the warmth of the cushion, the only thing missing this morning was a crackling fire in the fireplace the house didn’t have. It had a chimney but judging by the flue cover on said chimney Darrell guessed the house had never had a fireplace, ever but rather a wood burning stove many years ago,
“Sure!” he gestured to the gifts under the tree, it was pretty obvious which ones he had wrapped … they looked like a child had wrapped them, lots of tape, and one had two different styles of paper on it. Shopping for her had proven difficult, what did she like besides work and avoiding her ex-husband, and him of course? But he couldn’t find a box big enough he could comfortably fit in, “Uh, how ‘bout that one?” he pointed, “I’m tired of lookin’ at that failure of a wrappin’ job.” so he ran out of the green holly leaf paper halfway through and had to switch to the pearly white with “Merry Christmas” written all over it in colorful text, it was the thought that counted right? Though, he had never bought a bra for a woman before.

link

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: May 14 2018, 12:24 AM
Newcomer
Kat

After all the things she did for her family, it felt strange accepting anything. Even food was difficult for her, starving or not. Katerina wandered to the tree with no idea what she should open. She left it to Darrel. The man looked laid back, but she wondered if deep down he was nervous, hoping for a good reaction. “Uh, how ‘bout that one? I’m tired of lookin’ at that failure of a wrappin’ job.” It was badly wrapped. ”Alright.” Deep down she was slightly amused. It was obvious he’d wrapped it himself. ” It’s.. light.” Her delicate brow wrinkled as she brought it back to the couch, beginning to peel back the layers of paper before even sitting down.

a... sports bra?

Katerina removed the present from its wrapping then looked over the packaging itself. She was confused, but it only took a moment ot see the flashy picture on the cover. ”Is .. this...” Opening the plastic, she let the fabric hang in front of her nose. It had a slight oder. ”A holster?” Her features were in a rare moment of quiet awe. ”This ...” Words.. words.. words.. ”I like it.” She’d imagined something more like his, but this could work. She just couldnt’ waer a t-shirt over it. ”Do you think it will fit? My gun?” Now she wanted to try. It was hard to imagine it outside of her purse, but this was so practical she was actually excited about it.

Biting her lower lip, she exhaled a hum of pleasure and set it in her lap. "Your turn. Most of the packages will probably bore you. I meant to show you that box last." It was badly timed, but she wasn't against him opening packages of t-shirts, boxers, and jeans. She'd made several old rags disappear. The n ew ones had been after study.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: May 14 2018, 02:57 AM
Stranger
Asa

“It is light.” Darrell confirmed her observation, “I’ve never bought somethin’ like that for somebody but … I think you’ll find it pretty useful.” he nodded from the couch with his elbows on his knees, hands clasped in front of him after leaning forward to watch her carefully. It was something they all did whether they realized it or not and though Darrell was good at hiding his expressions, watching someone open a gift with that look of expectation and staring at their face for the slightest hint of anything other than pure joy, was hard to mask. The confusion was understandable but once she figured it out Kat appeared pleased with it, “It is a holster.” no need to point out it was specifically made for women. He had to sneak a peek at the tag of her bra to get the size for it, “It should fit it, it fits guns up t’ the size’a my Glock.” he explained, “This’ll keep it close to your body, so it ain’t noticeable, can’t wear real tight tops with it but … that don’t seem t’ be your style anyways.” he laughed, “I assume ya don’t have a conceal carry so it’s best people don’t know ya have a gun,” if anyone was good at flying under the radar, it was Darrell McGuiness, someone had even spotted him in Atlanta and relayed it to his parole officer and they still didn’t know where he was, “If ya want a harness, we can get ya one, you’ll hafta wear it under a jacket like I do, though.” he had thought about just buying her both so she would have the choice but figured she could get used to this one first and they could move on from there, “It’s also easier for somebody attackin’ ya t’ get his hands on your gun if it’s in a harness, like mine.” hell his grandmother used to walk to town and back with a small pistol stuffed down into her bra, women had been using their assets to hide guns for a very long time, “I suggest practicin’’ your draw with it, when it gets a lil’ warmer outside, ya wanna be confident with it.” she would have to reach down the front of her shirt to access it but he was sure she could figure that out on her own.

“Oh no.” he had picked the box she wanted to save for last, of course. He slipped the bracelet onto his wrist for size, it did look good there, “Oh, well,” when he got to the tree he decided to grab everything and just set them on the ruined surface of the coffee table, it hadn’t seen a sweating beer can in a few weeks, something Kat probably appreciated but for the fact he wasn’t walking around half drunk and because he didn’t usually clean up after himself, “Let’s open a boring present.” he laughed and reached for what was obviously a shirt box and began to peel off the paper, leaving it in the growing pile on the floor, “I can always use more shirts, thanks Baby.”

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: May 15 2018, 12:26 AM
Newcomer
Kat

She would enjoy this. For so long she’d had her gun in her purse, and imagined having something more like Darrell. Something accessible. Hopefully she’d figure it out with time. According to her boyfriend it would fit something as small as her gun or as large as his. “If ya want a harness, we can get ya one, you’ll hafta wear it under a jacket like I do, though.” The woman hummed, forcing herself not to go get her gun just to try it out. ”This will do.” She was pleased. Quite pleased. it made her feel warm. “I suggest practicin’’ your draw with it, when it gets a lil’ warmer outside, ya wanna be confident with it.” Her head bobbed, but she was more keen on his turn now.

He’d taken all of the exciting presents.

Watching her boyfriend curiously, she tilted her head to watch his muscular figure move to the tree and pick up all of the presents there. It was moments like this where she wondered when she found him so attractive. How. “Let’s open a boring present.” Shirts. He seemed to approve. “I can always use more shirts, thanks Baby.” The way he went through them? There was no doubt. ”I’m glad you liked them. I combed the town and Internet to find your brand and your size.” The woman tended to take anything she did seriously. ”If you hear anything about a crazy women looking up men’s underwear at the library, that was probably me.” It was sort of a joke. People had looked at her funny, but telling them all it was a Christmas present seemed to end the problem.

Her lips pursed, eyeing the tree. ”I saw so many different kinds of Christmas underwear. Three was a velvet santa hat thong with a mistle toe.on the waistband. I bet they sell that at that adult store in town.” The idea of Darrell ever wearing anything like that was amusing in itself. ”My parents used to call underwear the gift that kept on giving. It has new meaning when it’s something that.. “ Her eyes fell to the bra in her lap. ”Scandalous? Sexy?” She wasn’t certain of the word. ”There were four things I could always expect from under the christmas tree. A doll, a bible, a photo album, and underwear.” The bible was her grandmother’s idea. She could have made a chair out of bibles to read a bible. ”What was christmas like in your family, baby?”

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: May 21 2018, 12:17 AM
Stranger
Asa

“Ah, was just about t’ ask how ya bought stuff online.” he laughed, “Can always wear a band t-shirt, fuck yeah.” he held one up, remembering his AC/DC shirt had a hole in the armpit and the logo was faded and peeling. One of the remaining gifts on the table with Kat’s name on the tag was a round box, he figured she could use a new sunhat for her days of working in the cemetery, he also hoped to propose a plan of her working a bit in the yard come springtime, had to improve the house’s curb appeal if it was to sell in the summer.

Oh, she was looking at that kind of underwear. His brow slowly raised as his eyes widened, she could surprise him sometimes,
“Make Christmas come again and again.” oh, he had to, she just set him up for that one. He bet that mistletoe was just above the crotch, of course. Had she been purposefully looking up naughty underwear or was it just something that came up in her search? Darrell didn’t surf the web enough to know, “I always got sports equipment,” he added onto her list, “baseball bat, football, basketball, hockey stick, I think my bible’s still around here somewhere, maybe it’s in the nightstand hell I dunno.” he’d read the book once just to satisfy his mother but then never touched it again. His family still held onto his great grandmother’s bible for whatever reason, it was at least eighty years old, had to be.

“Christmas for me?” he asked, “We tried real hard t’ all get along all day, no bickerin’ no bitchin’ or complainin’ just t’ keep Dad happy, make his day a lil’ easier.” Frank was always such a grouch, it was all they could do not to piss him off about something, “Mom always made things feel all warm an’ fuzzy.” he had to laugh fondly at that. God he missed them, even Curtis who didn’t seem to want to have anything to do with him, “I need t’ call ‘em later I reckon.” now that he thought about it.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
Fast Reply