February 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

The Lochland Times has opened their doors to Lochland Grove students to help write April's newspaper. What did they write about? Rain, illegal hunting traps, fireman's breakfasts, art exhibitions, and so much more.

You'll have to look inside to see.

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Student Art Exhibition

Students from Kindergarten to College are displaying their art for the community.

Fireman's Breakfast

The Fire Department is running a fundraiser and cooking plenty of bacon and eggs. Come support the LGFD.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

April 14th
Whoa! A New Newspaper!

April 8th
The Activity Check is over!

April 1st
Activity Check!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Raise The Dead, Michelle Cordero
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 08:41 AM
Newcomer
Mara

She had replied that Zoey's idea of a party sounded fun. Just not perhaps Michelle's style. Video games weren't really her thing, even though she had grown up with three brothers. The idea of sitting still for long did not appeal to her, nor did the disappearing into an imaginary world for hours. Michelle much preferred to stay in reality. However, in comparison to the other types of parties her new friend had mentioned, she could definitely agree that it was better to do that than have the police over. In her experience, trips to the hospital were not far behind the arrival of cops.

Michelle let her body move to the music. Feel the beats and get in sync with them. All the while not trying to spill her drink and have a conversation with Zoey. Hearing the young woman mention school confirmed for her that she must be college-aged, and definitely at least a decade younger than she was. Not that that was a problem, as Michelle had met plenty of young people who were more interesting than the ones her own age. Mostly because most of them were married with kids, and while she was happy for them and enjoyed talking about their lives, there was always a small pang that she had never quite gotten there.

And it did not mean that Zoey's life was any less stressful than hers. Michelle remembered university and medical school quite well. "Exactly," she said loudly. "It's refreshing in a way, to just leave the worries behind for a bit." To forget a case at the hospital that didn't turn out quite right for the patient. To forget what the return of her ex-husband into her life was doing to her. "And just... live." She gulped down the rest of her cocktail in response to her words.

"The Odyssey? The gay club? No, I've never been," she said in response to the young woman's question. Not that Michelle was against the place or anything. She just didn't have any particular reason to go there. After three-plus years in town, it was one of the few places she had never visited, not yet, for various reasons or other. "But I would be totally down to hanging out again sometime. Without costumes though," she laughed. Maybe a friendship with Zoey would keep her feeling young and not thinking about her ticking clock.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 08:12 PM
Local
shade

Just live. Zoey was all about that. She had a lot of responsibilities, which also included babysitting her friend and neighbor Jaina's son, Bowie, which she didn't mind at all. She adored him. Still, a break for all of it was so looked forward to. Parties weren't just about having fun. They were about getting rid of stress.

"It's definitely nice to put the world behind you for a while," she said. "It's funny, I applied for my job at the movie theater because I saw movies as escapism. Actually working at the theater's a bit different though. It helps pay the rent though."

Zoey smirked when Michelle called it the "gay club". It was, but she hadn't actually heard anyone call it that, not that it bothered her. She just found it amusing.

"That would be the club," she said. Michelle then agreed to hang out though. Woot, another hangout buddy! Zoey was all about that. "Awesome! And really, we can hang out anywhere. Grab a pizza, hit one of the other bars, whatevs." Zoey raised an eyebrow about hanging out without costumes. She knew what Michelle meant, but Zoey's mind wasn't the cleanest at times. "I could handle civilian clothes."
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 08:48 PM
Newcomer
Mara

Michelle knew that she was perhaps getting a bit too old for this kind of partying. But she was still single and carefree. And had a job that could be stressful at times, requiring some kind of unwinding at the end of the day. Whether that was drinks with friends, an evening run with her dog, a weekend spent in the outdoors, or dancing the night away like she was doing right this moment. So unless any of her circumstances changed, she would continue to do what she was doing: working hard and playing hard.

Zoey mentioned her job at the local movie theater, and Michelle nodded. Agreeing that whether her expectations had come true or not, it was good to have something to pay the bills. Michelle enjoyed the occasional movie herself, but it was rare that she had time to see one these days. Or quite honestly, was able to sit through an entire one. She always found herself getting up and roaming around. Which is why she generally preferred to catch one at home instead of at a theater. Because at least at home with friends, people didn't yell to sit down or be quiet. Generally.

"Sounds good," she said loudly, as the music coming through the speakers was still going with a good beat. "I'm always up for grabbing a drink or two," she grinned. Michelle was no alcoholic and knew her limits, but she did enjoy a good glass of wine as much as the next person. "And I could never turn down pizza!" There was a reason she exercised and kept herself in shape: so she could splurge on the 'junk' food time and again. Subsisting on only salads would kill her.

She plucked at the skirt of her costume. "Yes, civilian clothes would definitely be a lot more comfortable," laughing. Michelle danced her way then through the crowd and towards the outside of the dance floor. Where they could still groove but carry on a conversation a little easier. "So your job at the theater... it wasn't all you thought it would be? How come?" Merely curious and trying to get to know Zoey a bit more than she already had.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 09:11 PM
Local
shade

Zoey wasn't picky about hang outs. Pizza, drinks, bowling, shopping... she was about it all. Michelle seemed to be the same way, which worked for her.

"Well, we'll exchange numbers, social media, or whatever, and work out a game plan," she said. "I'm open for anything."

Zoey was then asked about her job. She really didn't care to talk about it, but at the same time it was nice to vent about it to someone. The fact was that the theater was like any other customer service job, in that you dealt with your share of idiots and assholes. Zoey decided not to go into a rage about it though.

"Eh, it's just your typical job," she said. "Dealing with the masses, answering dumb questions, hearing complaints that don't apply to you because you're not the manager. But I go in, I work, I leave, and I get money every Friday. It's a job." She then looked at Michelle. "So... what do you do, besides dressing up like an Egyptian queen and being all awesome to hang out with?" Someone was passing some specialty Halloween shots around and Zoey motioned them over. Without asking, she grabbed two shots and handed one to Michelle. "You know I might regret this, but... down the hatch." She took the shot and gave a "WOO" after it went down.
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 01:33 PM
Newcomer
Mara

Nodding as she listened to Zoey describe her job, Michelle wished she could relate in some fashion. Her first job had been her residency right after medical school. There had never been any part-time work during her high school and definitely no time for anything else besides studying while in university. So everything Zoey was speaking of, she had to merely imagine what it would have been like, because she hadn't any experience of her own in that manner.

But then as she thought about it, perhaps their careers weren't all so different, after all. Hers was just perhaps a bit more high-stakes. And of course, she loved hers. Michelle smiled, as Zoey asked her what she did for a living, as if reading her mind. "I'm a doctor, actually... and I suppose I have the same issues as you sometimes. People asking stupid questions, dealing with lots of people... Just in a different way." It could be frustrating and stressful, but all in all, Michelle looked forward to getting up every morning and going to the hospital. Eager to see what new challenges each shift would bring her.

Just then, Zoey was handing her something in a shot glass. Michelle hesitated briefly, knowing she had already had a couple cocktails and would still need to drive herself home eventually. But her new friend's energy was contagious and she plucked it from Zoey's hand with a grin. Still, she watched the other woman drink hers first before even bringing it to her own mouth. Drinking something from the bartender at the bar was one thing, but a mysterious drink being passed around did make her nervous. Probably the doctor in her.

Not seeing any adverse reactions in Zoey, though, she followed suit, tipping her head back and gulping down the liquid in one go. It definitely had a bit of a kick to it. Not quite like shots of tequila but strong in its own way. And there was some kind of flavoring to it she couldn't quite pick out. After swallowing, she shook her head a bit and looked back at the young woman. "Whoa. Either I love it or I hate it... I'm not sure..." she laughed.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 08:48 PM
Local
shade

Zoey laughed a little when Michelle spoke of her job and how it was like Zoey's. Part of that was the buzz making her laugh a bit more, and part of it was agreeing with her and seeing where Michelle was coming from. Suddenly, Zoey's job didn't seem so bad.

"That's got to suck when you get the ass-hats," she said. "I mean, I'm selling tickets for people to sit on their asses and watch movies. You're trying to help people and better the world and all that. I'm trying to tell myself that people wouldn't stoop so low, but honestly I can believe it. There are some people who are full of real suck in the world. Good on you though for doing your job."

The drink hit Zoey a good bit and she laughed out loud when Michelle said she wasn't sure if she loved the drink or hated it.

"Well, you know what?" she said. "I'm not going to drink another and find out. In fact... I should probably stick with something of the beer or hard cider variety for the rest of the night." Zoey had her usual routine with drinking- start with liquor, then ease down to the lighter stuff, and top things off with a couple of bottles of water to ensure a lighter hang over.
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 11:03 AM
Newcomer
Mara

She smiled. "Thank you." In fact, that was one of the things about her job that could be counted as negative; some patients just did not show their appreciation as much as she would like. Zoey was right; there really were some self-centered people in the world. "Yeah... I really love it when I get those patients that think they know better than me, even though I went to school for seven years... and they browsed the Web for fifteen minutes." Michelle shook her head and laughed. As a doctor, she could handle a lot but those situations really did test her patience and bedside manner.

Then Zoey was grabbing for more drinks and handing one to her. And it gone down with a bite. Luckily, the younger woman had had the same feelings about the shot, and they would not be trying any more of those. Michelle did not mind a bit of drinking, but she tended to stay on the softer side with wine. Only the occasional taste of tequila perhaps. Besides, she also had an early morning to look forward to and preferred not to do so while recovering from a hangover. The patients would really be all over her then.

Relieving herself of the empty shot glass, she focused back on Zoey. "So what else do you like to do for fun? Besides movies and barhopping?" She smiled. Trying to feel this young woman out and what else they may or may not have in common. Michelle liked to keep a mental list of her various friends so she knew which ones to call when she wanted to do something like go mountain biking, and which ones would be better off just taking for a trip down Plum Avenue for shopping.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 05:35 PM
Local
shade

Zoey totally knew where Michelle was coming from. She hated dealing with the fake geniuses, especially when it came to fandoms... and her job of course.

"I know, right?" she said. "It's like when people argue with me over stuff I'm a hardcore fan of. They read something about it on Wiki and all of a sudden they're the expert and I'm the newbie. Drives me nuts!" She then calmed. "I can only imagine what level you have to deal with. I hope you get to put them in their place. Sadly I can usually only do that online because the trolls hide behind their computers when they attack me."

Zoey was then asked what she did besides movies and bar-hopping.

"Mostly geek stuff," she said. "I go gaming, hit the comics shops, go to conventions when I'm able to. I'm also a big reader- mostly sci-fi/fantasy, but I do love me some real life-based fiction as well. John Green and Jojo Moyes are amazing." She then shrugged. "That's about it. I go to stuff like this in town if it interests me. I mean, Halloween is the ultimate geek holiday, so I have to check the local parties out." A server was handing out hard ciders and Zoey grabbed a glass.
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 03:32 PM
Newcomer
Mara

There had definitely been a few patients over the years that Michelle had wished she could given a piece of her mind to. But she had remained professional. Though in her head she had imagined telling them all sorts of made-up medical jargon, getting them all scared and freaked out, and agreeing with her that yes, they had all those problems. Unsure whether they had read it online or heard it in one of those fake TV medical dramas. Only to them tell them she had made it all up and the person was right as rain. If only...

Michelle listened, nodding here and there as Zoey explained her hobbies, how she liked to spend her free time. It was a lifestyle that she was pretty clueless about herself and didn't really understand. Not that that was particularly a bad thing; she just didn't have anything to contribute specifically to the conversation. "That sounds like fun." And it did... if Michelle had been into that kind of stuff. She just preferred to live more in the real world, but she did not look down on those who did not. Everyone on this earth was unique, and that's what Michelle love about it.

Even though Zoey hadn't really asked, Michelle reciprocated with her own answer. "Me, I tend to lean towards more outdoorsy things. Hiking, biking. Some more extreme sports like whitewater rafting or skydiving, though I haven't done that in a while. I suppose you could say I'm bit a of an adrenaline junkie." She laughed. "Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a good party, like you, but I also need to keep myself active, or I get bored."

--------------------
PM
^
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 04:16 PM
Local
shade

Michelle's interest were a bit on the more physically active side. Zoey could respect that. Even though her metabolism had been kind to her, Zoey did go out on walks and try to dance-exercise a good bit. Working out had to be fun though. What Michelle did sounded like some things that would be fun to a lot of people. Zoey was never the camping type. She was when she dated Felicia, but that was because they drank and skinny-dipped.

"Always good to be active," she said. "I'm big on dancing as far as exercise goes. I have some of those DVDs where you dance and work out at the same time. They can make you work up a sweat. I used to exercise a lot with my ex-girlfriend... but the assistant coach at the college apparently gave her a better workout if you know what I mean." Zoey sounded a good bit bitter at this, but, as usual, she didn't have qualms about running her mouth.

Zoey then nodded about boredom.

"The cool thing about boredom is all the ways to get rid of it," she said. "Usually if I get bored, I can just pop on Werewolf Warfield and co-op with some of my peeps around the country. Instant entertainment."

PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 07:26 PM
Newcomer
Mara

Michelle understood Zoey perfectly. And was a little saddened that she had had to go through that. Relationships were tough and when they didn't work out, it was even more difficult. She knew that more than most, thinking back to her ex and her divorce. The young intern who could fulfill his needs better than his own wife apparently had been able to. All because she didn't ask questions or need to know his feelings or what he was thinking. No matter that Michelle actually had cared for him.

"I do like to dance... but usually in bars or clubs... nothing too choreographed. For that, I do do some kickboxing sometimes. A few times with DVDs, but usually I just go through some moves on my own. Or spar with one of my friends. I used to take lessons too, but just don't have the time much anymore to work that into my schedule. Now I just work out whenever I can find the time." Which generally fell to the evenings after a long shift at the hospital, or on her rare days off.

With a nod, "Definitely. My mama used to say that one could never truly be bored. Because just thinking about being bored meant you were doing something even if didn't seem like it." Smiling at the memory. "But she always was full of ideas for us kids to keep us busy and entertained. The 'B' word was rarely spoken in our house. Of course, having three brothers, it was a pretty easy task most of the time," she laughed.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 06:40 PM
Local
shade

Zoey had never really sparred before. She had gotten into a few fights with some asshats who crossed her the wrong way, but never anything organized. She imagined it might be kind of fun.

"I should try that sparring thing," she said. "Maybe with the boxing gloves and headgear and all that. I guess I should start off with someone who hasn't liked fought professionally though. I imagine even with the protective stuff on, they could knock me out. I do like the idea of maybe dancing without the DVDs. Really, I should sign up for the gym too. I'm thinking my metabolism isn't going to be kind to me forever."

It took a second to recall that the "B-word" meant "Bored". Zoey could do with cleaning up her mind a bit at times. She laughed about the siblings though.

"Life stayed interesting with my little sister growing up," she said. "I was the crazy one, she was the smart one, so we clashed a good bit. She knew how to be fun too when she wanted to be. I miss our little hang-outs at the ice cream parlor or bike racing at the park."

Zoey was soon ready to sit down, and maybe hit the room she had rented for the night, ghosts or not.

"Booze and dancing here are quite a workout too," she said. "Whew!"
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 07:40 PM
Newcomer
Mara

"I would miss that too." She smiled. "As much as I love my brothers, there were times I wished I had a sister to share things with. Some things boys just don't understand. I mean, I had my friends, and Mama of course... but a sister... That kind of relationship is unique." Michelle paused and then added: "You are lucky to have that."

The trip down memory lane was over before it had gotten off the ground, though, and Zoey was back to the party. For a couple of people who had just met, they had certainly covered a lot of topics, and all while drinking and dancing and shouting over the loud Halloween music. "Definitely!" she agreed. It had certainly been a workout. And she had barely thought of her ex all night. Successful on all accounts.

Michelle tucked away a strand of loose hair before digging for her phone to check the time. "Oh, wow, I didn't realize it was so late already! When you're having fun, I guess!" She laughed. "I should probably call it a night, if that's all right with you?" Merely being polite; Michelle knew she needed to beg off anyway if she was to get a few hours sleep before her morning shift.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 09:50 PM
Local
shade

(Wrapping up for Zoey)

Zoey smiled about her sister when Michelle said she was lucky to have that.

"Yeah, I was," she said. "Really lucky. I mean, I still do... if I could get my sister our of the college library at some point."

Zoey yawned when Michelle asked if it was alright if she called it a night.

"Yeah, it's about that time," she said. "But we'll definitely hang out again." She then gave Michelle a hug. "Take care, and get home safe."

Once they departed, Zoey made her way to her room. No fake ghosts were going to wake her up that night.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll