February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Halloween Season is here!
From now through november

The Lochland Ghosts have appeared again. To celebrate this Halloween this year we offer a variety of fun things.

1. The haunted Halloween forum
2. A fun haunted skin
3. Festive Games
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Choose your own adventure

Welcome to Lochland Grove

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
End Date: 12/09/17
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other. The old building features a bed and breakfast, museum, and a Ballroom for celebrations.

Be warned: The Mansion is haunted! Any characters threading here are giving permission for the ghosts to play.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

October 16st
There are new ghosts AND Decision 3 is up.

October 18TH
New ghosts are hiding around Lochland. Can you find them all?.

October 16st
The Adventure continues! What happens next?.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

What You've Become, Tag: Kiefer Carter
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 04:56 AM
Local
gustopholous

He'd meant prettier in person. That made was a distinction he might have made clearer. Of course a personality couldn't be determined from a photo, but he supposed that the over all effect was true as well. He would much prefer Blake in person to a picture of her. Though sometimes the picture had to suffice. Either way, Sera approved. She'd never necessarily disapproved in the past (if she had, she had never told him), but that had to be a good sign.
Lainey toyed with his collar as they spoke, and, with the passing of this particular line of questioning, he felt himself relax. Judging by her expression, the answer (as uncertain as it was) seemed satisfactory. That’s good. A companionable squeeze brightened his aspect. It was good, and he was happy. Sera allowed that he seemed to be in a good mindset. Her next curiosity was one he was infinitely happier to sate. I must have missed a lot. When did you meet her?
"At one of her shows... the beginning of August." Technically they had met prior to that, but did it count if he couldn't remember meeting her? Let alone a time frame... When did you start going out?
"Our first date was last month... We saw Ghostbusters at the Movie on the Lake thing." Then, to clarify: "I drove to New York to see her on her birthday. I guess that's when we decided it was serious. September first." Does she know how to boil water on the stove? Kiefer laughed.
"She is a really good cook," he lauded. His experience was limited, but she had talked a pretty good game. Until he had more of an idea, he would have to take her word.

--------------------
I've been having this dream that we can fly,
So darlin' close your eyes,
'Cause you're about to miss everything.
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 11:44 AM
Newcomer
Jaya

If Kiefer specifically wanted Seraphim to qualify his new girlfriend’s looks, he would need to be a bit more specific. Sera had eyes, she could form opinions on people’s physical appearance quite quickly, but she rarely put a lot energy into the details and degrees of her opinion. Generally that would take her being actively attracted to them, and that would narrow her field of interest pretty fast, pretty quickly. Either way, Blake seemed pretty, and nice. Sera had liked Emily too, but she’d had the benefit of working with her to establish that opinion.

As long as it seemed like Kiefer was in an honest place to move on to someone new, Sera was happy to be happy for him. She didn’t want him to end up hurting some girl because he wasn’t emotionally prepared to be in a relationship again, sure, but she cared much more about his emotions than she did a stranger. Even a stranger that was nice and sold Seraphim cooking supplies and baby food. Things seemed positive, and she moved to something she felt Kiefer would likely enjoy answering. Based on the change in his expression, she’d been right.

He met her at one of her shows. “Mmm,” that might help with his response to her being a musician. Beginning of August. So she’d seen him since he met the girl, and they’d gone to the Ghostbusters Movie on the Lake. Well, that provided a reliable timeline. And they got serious on her birthday, September first. So now they were into the territory of Seraphim not having seen him. She could tell his attachment moved quickly, but that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. She’d already known him to be emotional.

What was she doing in New York?” She lived in Lochland Grove. She had to, she worked here. She was a musician as well, but that didn’t necessarily mean that was what she was doing up there that weekend. And she was a really good cook.

Sera laughed, “Well that’s good. At this point you could actually try to cook something for her. Have you actually made anything away from my house for anyone else?” She did assume he’d cooked for himself at his house. At least they had the boxes of macaroni and cheese. Those counted. Anything counted. It seemed like if the girl was very good at cooking, he might not want to try, but she also might appreciate it. Girls, in Sera’s experience, liked things made for them, including edible things.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Heterosexual - Waitress at Gertie's - Apartment
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 01:10 PM
Local
gustopholous

Talking about Blake in this manner was something he was more than happy to do. The man could gush. He did regardless of his audience, but the fact that Sera actually seemed to relish the news bolstered his enthusiasm. What was she doing in New York?
"Her band was playing," was the short answer. "She used to live there. Spent the weekend at a friend's house." His counterpart's comparatively advanced abilities in the kitchen earned a laugh. At this point you could actually try to cook something for her. Was that really a good idea? Still, such praise from his instructor was flattering. And now the student becomes the master. His mind immediately raced to indulge the possibilities. Have you actually made anything away from my house for anyone else?
Kiefer thought then shook his head tentatively. Nothing he would consider actual cooking. He didn't count boxed meals, even if it was more than he used to be able to manage. Their lessons had progressed surprisingly well. He was still not confident enough to practice outside her apartment... He mostly just didn't want to deal with the comments it would garner. As long as he played helpless, people would usually take care of him.

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 01:41 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

It was very cute to see Kiefer so happy about something. He was welcome to gush. Apparently Blake’s band was playing in New York, where she used to live. Must have been a while ago. A year? Two years?... hm… she couldn’t exactly piece it together, but she did know that she’d bought some diapers from Blake when Lainey was a newborn. So that meant it was at least a year and a half ago. “What’s her part in the band?” Since Sera knew absolutely nothing about this band, she had nothing to visualize. She knew about Kiefer’s band of course, from a distance as it was.

He laughed when Sera suggested that he could cook something for his new girlfriend. He could. He would need a recipe of some sort, and it shouldn’t be all that complex, but he was more than capable of putting ingredients together as he was told. She didn’t think he was a liability in the kitchen. He didn’t seem especially confident in his abilities, but she was sure he’d do fine. He shook his head that he didn’t cook on his own.

Why not? Not convenient, or what?” There was a chance it came down to confidence, at least when it came to cooking for the girl. “I could give you something specific to make if you’re worried you can’t make it. You’re very good at following instructions, which is all it comes down to. Or are you still playing dumb?” she asked after some thought. She did remember that he’d talked about how it was easier to be incompetent and be taken care of. Months ago.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 02:14 PM
Local
gustopholous

Sera's interest in Blake was heartening. Small talk deterred him, but the woman seemed genuinely involved... which was sweet of her considering Blake was essentially a stranger. He wasn't used to having people care about him so selflessly. That anyone should be interested in a subject simply because he was was a foreign concept to Kiefer. Even the people he'd consider close friends tended to dwell in common ground. They might listen when he delved into other matters, but the attention was obviously lacking. Sera was present in everything. What’s her part in the band?
"She plays the keyboard and sings. In the band. She can play the drums, too, though. She came over last Tuesday for practice, and she's pretty f- she's pretty good at that, too." Sera wanted to know why he didn't put more effort into cooking at home, and he shrugged. Did she feel like her time was wasted if he didn't actually use the skills she'd gifted him? The woman didn't seem that petty, but it did make him feel guilty.
"I don't know... time." That was part of it. "And my roommates have a certain... perception of me that I would just as soon not correct." Yes, he was playing dumb, and yes that worked in his advantage sometimes... But if he was just suddenly capable of doing things, he'd have to explain why, and... their situation was kind of strange. Kameron would, of course, assume he was sleeping with her. God forbid that ever got back to Blake. He'd have to explain why he spent every Tuesday at another woman's house. It was just something he didn't want to explore with them yet.

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 02:51 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

There were many things which could hold Seraphim’s interest for a prolonged period of time. She was not an expert at many things, but she found so many fascinating. There was no easy rule to say what she did or didn’t find engaging. However, if she found a human being very valuable and important to her, of course she would find their interests engaging. They were dear to her, and so she enjoyed hearing from them. If nothing else, Kiefer’s infatuation and enthusiasm was engaging.

Blake played keyboard and sang in her band. So she was either backup, or the front. She would just guess she did lead vocals until she was corrected. Also she played drums. Ah, like Kiefer. She came to practice even. That was good, right? Seraphim paid no mind to Kiefer’s quick redirect from potentially inappropriate wording. Lainey was tugging at his ear now, her lamb hanging out of her mouth while she used one hand to hold onto the front of his shirt for support. She slipped a bit with her feet, but she managed to stay mostly stationary.

So she gets along with your band then?” How else would she be over for band practice. It was good to get along with his friends, if he was this into her. Not everyone you cared about had to get along. She loved Cooper, she loved Kiefer, she didn’t really think they would hit it off. Whether or not Kiefer would like Cooper for how rigid he could be, she wasn’t sure Cooper would give Kiefer the benefit of the doubt. It was easier if people got along though.

She did not feel that her lessons were wasted if he didn’t use them at home. For one, she got to spend time with him, and had company most every Tuesday night. That was not a waste of her time, ever. For another point, he could keep from actually having some sort of dangerous accident in the kitchen. If he didn’t want to share his improved cooking abilities, that was his choice. It wasn’t her prerogative to tell him how to use the skills, or his time. He said he didn’t know why he didn’t cook, but listed time. And agreed that his roommates had a perception of him. He didn’t want to correct them. Sera chuckled.

You can let her down if you want,” she said, addressing her daughter’s potentially painful entertainment. As far as his roommate’s perception of him, “Somehow I think they and I wouldn’t have very similar perceptions of you. But regardless, you can cook or not as you like. I still enjoy teaching you things. And like I’ve said, I won’t eat enough to make most of the meals worthwhile, so it’s an excuse to make better food.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 03:16 PM
Local
gustopholous

His friends' approval might not be a deciding factor, but it did help. He'd seen how that could go. This was much easier. So she gets along with your band then? Kiefer nodded. If they had any problems, they certainly hadn't voiced them. Kaleb seemed to quietly approve while Kameron leched. Liam and Vera were indifferent to most matters regarding him... or the household in general. That was as close as he might ever get to a unanimous vote. They weren't a big, happy family (it might be weird if they were), but it was good. The verbal portion of his answer was delayed.
"Yeah, she's cool. They seem to like her. She is pretty easy to like." At Sera's mention, Kiefer allowed Lainey, who had been tugging at his (fortunately unadorned) ear, to pursue other interests.
Sera and his roommates undoubtedly had different opinions of him. It was difficult to say whose was more accurate. Their view was less... shielded, but he didn't exactly have heart-to-hearts with them on the daily. His relationship with his male friends rarely involved emotional sharing. They saw more of him from time to time than he intended to show, but it was not a habit.
The time spent together appeared to be a priority for the both of them, more than the literal content of the lesson. One day he would probably appreciate the knowledge. For now, though, his motivation was the company.

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 04:09 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

The less potential drama in a new relationship, the better. The less potential drama in a lasting relationship, even better still. It seemed like things went well with Blake meeting Kiefer’s entourage. So that was a positive experience. He’d only nodded, but if he had more to say on it, he would have. That was fine. Peace wasn’t dramatic.

He did go on to say that she was cool and that they seemed to like her. She was easy to like. Still not much said, but it was enough. “Good to hear.” She watched as he put Lainey down. On the ground there were more things to pay attention to. Lainey predictably moved over to the diaper bag and began pulling out diapers, a bag of wipes, and other things. She moved to suck on the actual pacifier part of her lamb, and found her way to the bottom of the bag.

I’ll pick that up when we leave…” Sera said idly, watching the mess being created. Lainey did find a nice collection of ringlet toys to put on the ground and play with. “Actually, I wasn’t planning to keep you very long. I wasn’t sure if you were in, or were busy, or what. If you need to get back to work, we can certainly get out of your hair.” She was happy to see him, happy to talk, but she understood that work was not a convenient time to do either of those things. Whether her work or his. He had the benefit of an office, and she had the benefit of talking to people as part of her job, but neither was really meant for that.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 09:06 PM
Local
gustopholous

The overall impression of his new relationship was a positive one. In spite of her initial concern, Sera seemed convinced of this as well. Good to hear. That was possibly the first time he'd heard the phrase without assuming heavy sarcasm. He needed better friends, apparently. Lainey had discovered the diaper bag and was littering his floor with odds and ends in search of something to hold her attention. I’ll pick that up when we leave… Kiefer laughed. It was not a concern.
Unfortunately, the time for leaving arrived sooner than he had anticipated. Actually, I wasn’t planning to keep you very long. She cited his work as an excuse, and Kiefer glanced to his desk with a reluctant sense of responsibility. He was busy. He had forgotten about all of that upon seeing them, but... He should get back to work. Sera seemed to realize this.
"I will see you Tuesday," he said with a bright note of positivity. He wasn't asking them to leave, but Kiefer also wasn't about to deny the fact that he had a lot to accomplish before closing. The sooner he could get home tonight the better. "I'll walk you to the car." The man held Lainey as her mom cleaned up the mess she'd created.

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 09:27 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Lainey saw no reason that she should keep things in the diaper bag. They were in her way, and she needed to find a toy. She’d been sitting still for so long, and Kiefer was no longer her jungle gym. She was getting bored. She was satisfied by the time Kiefer agreed that he would see them later. He would see them on Tuesday, for cooking. That was fine. And Sera would look forward to it. “Sounds good, Kiefer,” she agreed. He moved to hold onto Lainey as Sera started putting things back in the diaper bag. Lainey watched with curiosity before turning her attention back to Kiefer and trying to push her lamb into the front of his shirt. It wasn’t staying, so she continued trying a few more times.

Seraphim had things packed up haphazardly in a couple of minutes. “I’ll walk you to the car.

Alright, thanks.” Sera put the bag back on her shoulder and let Kiefer carry Lainey out to the car. She could walk, but she was currently more interested in her Kiefer carrying device than she was in being independent. Seraphim got the door for them all and paid no attention to whoever was outside between his office and the front door, except to stay out of their way.

She unlocked her car and put the diaper bag in the back. She took Lainey from Kiefer and strapped her in. “Keeber?” Lainey asked while she was being buckled up.

Kiefer has to stay and work, sweetie. We’ll see him again Tuesday. Okay?” Lainey didn’t like that answer, and her face said as much, but she didn’t start screaming. “Say bye,” Sera instructed gently.

Bye Keeber.

Sera allowed a larger goodbye between her and Kiefer, and she gave him a hug. “I’ll see you Tuesday with whatever idea you have for cooking. We can meet at my apartment and then go to the grocery store.” She would prefer that to having multiple cars on the way back to her place. Once she was ready, Sera got into her car and turned to drive to the store. She was going to go home, but she’d decided to pick up a few things, and she wouldn’t pay extra attention to the grocery store cashier at all.

[End Thread]

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll