February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG
November 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Choose your own Adventure!
What happens next? Vote Here

Kat and Jaya wake up in Lochland Grove after some mischievous spirits get a hold of the latest copy of The Lochland Times. Site work is never done!

This Episode: Missing: lost Kat. Jaya may have spotted her, but there is a suspicious ghost running away. Should she chase the ghost or go wrangle her friend?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other.

Canned Food Drive!
Thanksgiving is coming. Bring food to Town Hall, and help the less fortunate. Coats, hats, and scarves are also welcome.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

December 5th
Decision 7, Woo!

December 1st
No Activity Check! Happy Holidays!

November 19th
Decision 6 is up!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Mind Your Time Here, Tag: Preston Marx
Teagan Landry
 Posted: May 2 2017, 09:10 PM
Local
Jaya

He seemed nice,” Teagan said, speaking in Spanish at his mother’s grave. “Seemed like a pretty sweet guy, honestly. I guess you don’t think of that with people working at a cemetery, right? Then again I never thought I’d be in a cemetery once a week until I was so… I must have a different perception of cemeteries by now, right, Mama?” He nodded thoughtfully, “Must be.

He ran his fingers through his hair. He just had on jeans and a red short sleeved shirt. As per usual, his tattoo was covered, but most of his arms were. He had his watch and a bracelet on his left arm, and his wallet, keys, and phone in his pocket. The reception out in the cemetery really wasn’t that great, but he was pretty sure he would get a text message of an emergency came up. He never really received messages out there, but he also didn’t receive a bunch when he left, so he had faith. Maybe it was blind faith, but that wasn’t the worst thing. A bit of wishful thinking.

The usual bouquet of origami flowers were laid out next to him where he sat, and he ran his fingers through his hair. He needn’t get upset. Nothing was changing, and therefore he shouldn’t get worked up. He continued on, “Sometimes I think I worry too much. Did you know how much I worried when I was growing up? I worried about you. I worried about me. I worried about Dad hurting James… I worried a ton. I worried about that look you got when we moved to Lochland, and I worried about Robin. And I stopped worrying about myself as much but… I’ve started worrying again, about me. I think that’s good. Right? Shows I want good things for myself, but… it can be hard to balance out with not really being able to help anything. I could adopt another kid. I guess that’s kind of off focus. I mean… have I gotten so used to this that I am just planning my life accordingly? Probably.” He chuckled, speaking in English finally, “I guess I’ve just been missing out on having my mother there to fuss at me to find someone nice to settle down with, hm?

Teagan finally got up after about thirty five minutes total, and gently picked up two little origami figures and held them at his side with his right hand as he walked. They were a bit big to be both held in his hand conveniently, but not so much that he used both hands. He was just moving in order to keep them hidden until he’d found Preston and asked him a question.

[Outfit]

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Bisexual - High School Spanish Teacher - House
PMEmail
^
Preston Marx
 Posted: May 5 2017, 12:02 PM
Stranger
Ry

Another Sunday spent working. He worked most of the Sundays in a month except for a random one that was designated to one of the other workers. Preston didn’t mind working them because it wasn’t like the shift interfered with anything else going on in his life and besides that the previous Sunday shift had been pretty enjoyable. He was looking for a repeat this weekend too, or Teagan had said he would see him again this weekend and he was hopeful that it would come to pass.

So far, his work routine had gone as usual. Making his typical pattern around the path that wove through the cemetery and keeping an eye out for anything that looked amiss. It wasn’t overly exciting but that was part of what Preston loved about working there. It was quiet and peaceful and gave him a chance to get lost in his thoughts. Today his thoughts were centered around how well things were going with Niko and the prospect of seeing Teagan again because he had enjoyed the man’s company.

He had yet to see Teagan today but he was sure that he would, the man’s weekly trip to the cemetery had been consistent since Pres had been working there a few months prior. The mute wasn’t entirely sure who Teagan visited there every week but he was coming up on the spot where he had run into the other previously so he was on the lookout for the other man.

Since the weather was a bit warmer and the dress code at work was casual he had worn a quarter sleeved band tee with the sleeves pushed up around his elbows. Jeans and converses were his go to complete any outfit and since he wasn’t as near to the end of his shift was the previous week he had a small cart of things with him as he milled about. Somedays he was allowed to take one of the golf carts around but today wasn’t one of the days.

When he did see Teagan, he smiled happily and gave an exuberant wave as he headed towards the other. When they were close enough to converse comfortably he pulled the notebook from its familiar spot in his back pocket and began writing. ‘Hey! I hope you had a good week!.’ He then presented the words to Teagan with a smile still in place.

[[Outfit]]
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: May 6 2017, 06:10 PM
Local
Jaya

It was not hard to find Preston, and he was dressed casually as he had been the last time. Teagan was a bit more casual than he had been the week before. While he was regularly quite casual at home, he tended to dress himself up when he left the house. Being a school teacher made him a constant public figure. Being a school teacher at the only school in a small town was not a thankless or invisible occupation. He liked his job, and he wasn’t wearing button downs all the time, but other than jogging, Teagan rarely even left the house in sweat pants. Not that Preston was dressed strangely, Teagan just paid some amount of attention to how people could dress for work.

When they found each other, Preston smiled and waved. Teagan smiled back, it was charming how pleased Preston looked. Fortunately, no matter how melancholy what Teagan had been saying to his mother could be perceived to be, he wasn’t in a bad mood. He looked forward to giving the little origami presents to Preston, after all.

Teagan read the paper message and nodded as he answered, “Si, its been a good week. Nothing extremely noteworthy happened, but I’m staying after school more for Spanish study sessions with students. Finals and projects are coming up and they are getting a bit worried I suppose. How was your week? Oh, and, since they’re already in my hands. I made these for you. You didn’t say how many foxes you had, but I figured two was a good number.” He held the origami foxes out on both of his hands, giving them a bit more space now so Preston could see them.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PMEmail
^
Preston Marx
 Posted: May 8 2017, 07:00 PM
Stranger
Ry

For work Preston tried to dress in things that he wouldn’t mind getting dirty or ruined. Since he was a groundskeeper there was always a chance for him to get a bit dirty during his routine. He supposed he could have worn coveralls but he felt more comfortable in his own clothes and the management at the cemetery didn’t mind what he wore as long as his job got done. He had heard of ‘dressing for the job you want, not the job you have’ but he was liked the job he had and he found the idea of doing, essentially, yard work in khakis and a button up. Not to mention that he really only had a few pieces of dressier clothes.

Clothes were nice but he tried to look past the exterior appearances of others. Like Teagan, he enjoyed the other’s company. Not to say that he wasn’t an attractive person but Preston enjoyed the conversation more than making someone eye candy. He was excited to see the man and listened attentively as Teagan recounted his week but everything that the other had said was quickly forgotten. The words were overshadowed by the origami foxes settled on Teagan’s palms.

Preston’s face lit up like a child’s on Christmas morning, his eyes bright and his smile wide as he looked with adoration at the paper creatures. They were perfect and so thoughtful! Instead of taking the paper objects, he first wrapped the other man in an impromptu hug that lasted only a few seconds before he realized that he probably shouldn’t be hugging someone he hardly knew. Putting some space between them he made the sign for ‘sorry’ before turning to his notebook. ‘Sorry, I got over excited. I love them! Thank you so much!’ He hoped he hadn’t crossed a line, as he really hadn’t meant to. He took the figures from Teagan and places them carefully on his cart where they wouldn’t get blown away or squished.

Then he remembered that he had been asked about his week. ‘I hope finals pass quickly.’ He had remembered that being a stressful time in high school and could only imagine how much work it meant for the teachers as well. ‘My week was alright… I met an interesting person in the forest but that’s mostly it.’ That had been the most eventful thing anyway.
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: May 10 2017, 11:11 PM
Local
Jaya

Eyes candy was nice enough, but you didn’t have conversations with people for the sake of eye candy. Well, some people did, but most likely it was not the majority of people. Teagan didn’t think it was the majority of people anyway. He was pleased to see Preston, and he greeted him warmly enough. Not nearly as warmly as Preston greeted Teagan though. It was clearly because of the origami foxes, but Teagan was still surprised to be hugged. He didn’t know how to handle that, since he definitely didn’t know Preston that well. It was a bit of déjà vu, but still quite a different situation from the food festival.

Preston backed off and Teagan saw the sign for an apology. His brain was not clicked into anything useful for a moment, otherwise he would have remembered that he could actually respond to that in kind. Language had a form and function, and sign language was a bit more for the function of it. Teagan was so thrown off that after Preston took and deposited the foxes, Teagan thought Preston was a student. Finals, passing quickly. Was he in college? No. Wait… No, he meant for Teagan because Teagan brought it up. Right. Wow, how much time had passed in their conversation for him to be that thrown off?

He must have just been standing there the whole time, reading but not moving, before he shook his head, “Yeah, that will be good. Although… then it will be a lot of cleanup, and that’s a pain. Then its all the free time of summer… and I should probably go to a college graduation…” Oh. Shoot. He really should. Teagan exhaled with a look on his face that said he had not considered the weight of this. Travel. He should travel. Because Robin was graduating college, and Teagan should go be there for him. He knew how poorly it would go, but he still ought to. Maybe he could take a bus. Anything to avoid having to drive. He needed to stop getting distracted.

Right, but I’m glad you like the foxes. You met someone in the forest?” he was catching back up. “That’s a somewhat sketchy place to meet people. I mean, some unsavory people end up there, and the murders. How were they interesting?

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Preston Marx
 Posted: May 29 2017, 10:30 AM
Stranger
Ry

Typically, Pres would have minded the personal boundaries of other people. Though he was the type to enjoy hugs and other affectionate gestures, he knew not everyone was okay with having their personal space invaded and he wanted to respect that. While he hadn’t planned on hugging the other male, when he caught sight of the gift he was presented with he had forgotten the situation and responded with an excited and giddy embrace that lasted mere seconds and left him apologizing, he was still excited for the figures but hoped he hadn’t crossed a line.

Pres could only assume that Teagan had been stunned into silence by the random hug because he was kinda still for a weird amount of time but the mute wasn’t holding it against him. He’d apologized and tried to bring the focus back to their conversation by wishing finals passed quickly for the other. He never thought about the teacher’s perspective of school, but it made sense that the end of finals would amount to a lot of work for the person responsible for grading not only the exams but then having to determine the final grades for all of the students as well. He hadn’t even thought of graduation either, his own had been long enough ago that he didn’t remember who had been there. The other’s expression made him wonder if that was a bad thing. ‘Do you not like graduations?’ He asked, hoping it wasn’t too personal of a question.

“Right, but I’m glad you like the foxes. You met someone in the forest? That’s a somewhat sketchy place to meet people. I mean, some unsavory people end up there, and the murders. How were they interesting?” He beamed at the mention of the foxes but his expression shifted to a more quizzical one with the topic change. He was aware of the murders and their location but he didn’t think that the forest was bad for it, though his meeting there had been… odd. ‘I dunno, I guess because he was sketching one of the trees. It’s always neat to meet people who like things the same as you.’ Pres liked nature and the man in the forest had too, even if their meeting had started with hostility. ‘I think we scared each other at first.’ He, at least, had been startled.

PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: May 30 2017, 11:19 PM
Local
Jaya

Teagan liked physically affection well enough, even though he was clearly thrown off in this case. He wasn’t usually that particular, but he hated to be caught off guard. All in all, as long as she foxes had not been damaged, and they had not been, Teagan was no worse for wear. Finals were mostly a time where Teagan didn’t need to seek out extra work to be constantly busy. He could grade a Spanish test in a near coma. He didn’t need to make many tweaks to them either. The bigger concern was that graduation.

Did Teagan not like graduations?

Um…” Teagan scratched a bit at his chest through his t-shirt. “No, I have no problem with graduations. They can drone on a bit, but that’s not a problem. Its just that the graduation is out of town and I don’t… really travel.” At all. Ever. For a decade. It had caused some problems, and that was more than he should have allowed. He wasn’t going to let it stop him from going to Robin’s graduation. He’d been raising this boy, in some way, shape, or form, for the last sixteen years, he would get a bus pass if he needed to. Thinking about it still made his heart pound a bit though.

A much easier topic for Teagan was whatever random person Preston had met in the forest. It was easier because it was entirely devoid of personal stakes for Teagan. He hoped nothing pleasant happened to Preston, but it wasn’t something that Teagan personally got uncomfortable asking about. Preston’s answer for it being odd was simple enough. They scared each other, and the other man was sketching. That wasn’t the odd part. Liking the same things as each other was something to ask about. “Do you like sketching, or just the forest? I can imagine that it’s a bit difficult to smooth over a surprise interaction with a notepad. Harder, I mean, but not impossible.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Preston Marx
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 03:46 PM
Stranger
Ry

Most careers tended to have a ‘busy’ season. For teachers, he guessed, it would be mid-terms and finals based off what Teagan had said, and that made sense. He wasn’t sure if the cemetery really had a busy season and it sounded weird to even suggest such a thing. He’d only been there for a couple of months so far and the work seemed relatively consistent but that was grounds keeping for ya’; the grass was going to grow one way or another.

With the end of school and the start of summer that meant graduation, which seemed to be a big deal for Teagan and Pres wasn’t sure why that was. Surely graduation wasn’t a bad thing, right? Nope, apparently it was more the idea of travelling that had the other man a bit nervous and the mute’s reaction to this was a rather surprised expression. He couldn’t imagine not wanting to travel because that was what he spent most of his life trying to do. Seeing new places and meeting new people, discovering new things about the world they shared it was exciting to him. ‘How come?’ He questioned, curious to see another’s perspective on something he enjoyed quite thoroughly, though he would have understood if it was too personal a question.

Talking about his encounter in the forest was kinda nice, he hadn’t shared his recollection of the encounter with anyone else and it had been one of his most curious meetings. “Do you like sketching, or just the forest? I can imagine that it’s a bit difficult to smooth over a surprise interaction with a notepad. Harder, I mean, but not impossible.” He could say that again. Pres gave a bit of a chuckle at the words. ‘I like nature a lot, and the forest has a lot of it. Never tried sketching very much though.’ He wasn’t an overly artistic person, he could draw a little bit but it wasn’t exceptional by any means. ‘The notebook can make things hard. I think in surprise situations it makes people uncomfortable because it’s not something you see often.’ The notebook was pretty uncommon in most social situations, but trying to smooth over what could be interpreted as a hostile situation by writing was tricky.

PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 10:06 PM
Local
Jaya

Not all age ranges or subjects had mid-terms. Not all of them had finals. Teagan had for the longest time been fairly close friends with whoever was the standing art teacher at the high school, and while they sometimes had final projects, there was no strict test. Still, because the grading structure for at least junior high and onward was built into a mid-term grade and a final grade being most relevant, there was always some spike in grading importance at those times. Teagan preferred to have more relaxing days after tests, especially since he had a policy of letting students retake anything as many times as they wanted if they were willing to try, and he didn’t want to risk anyone getting behind. Finals didn’t have an “easy day” so much as just a bunch of free time. Months. Months to think about how he hadn’t accomplished anything more in the last year with his life, just like the year before.

How come?

How come Teagan didn’t like travel. He could tell from Preston’s expression that he found the idea of this quite odd. Confusing. Puzzling. Why wouldn’t someone like to travel? He’d heard the sentiment before. Wanderlust. His son had it. He wanted to see the world. He’d gone on a road trip after high school graduation, and he liked to travel for all of his vacations unless he was coming home to visit Teagan. Teagan knew the answer, but he didn’t know how to answer. It all touched on that box of memories he tried to keep locked away. The box that threatened to unlock itself if he ventured too far from town. Explaining his reasons seemed dangerous.

Ah… its, ah, complicated. I haven’t really travelled since I moved to Lochland as a child. I just don’t like to. I used to travel a lot, when I was a wee lad… all across the country, but I don’t remember much of that. I know Lochland Grove quite well though,” he shrugged, hoping to leave it at that.

Teagan preferred the curious subject of Preston meeting someone in the forest. Then again he would have preferred just about any subject to his own anxieties. Preston chuckled, and Teagan found himself remembering the curiosity of how much Preston could or couldn’t communicate audibly. He read the response instead of dwelling though. He liked nature, but didn’t sketch. And the notebook could make people uncomfortable, in surprise situations.

That makes sense. Anything abnormal will make people extra jumpy when they’re already in that state of mind. Well, I don’t sketch either. Really the only artistic thing I do is origami, and I sincerely think most people are only impressed by it as much as they are because its uncommon. I mean, its not as impressive as… carpentry or sculptures, but at least I can decorate things still. In any case, how has your shift been going?

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Preston Marx
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 06:00 PM
Stranger
Ry

Personally, he felt like he would go crazy if he spent too much time in one place. Or maybe not one place exactly, but without being able to venture out and see new things. Yeah, that’s what would bother him more than anything. In reality, it would be nice to have one place to call home, a place where he could come back to after exploring. Yes, he had a home, but he moved homes so much that there wasn’t really any one place he truly considered home. Some people said that ‘home was where your family was’ and it was a nice sentiment but he hadn’t been super close to his family since graduating high school and even before that things weren’t that great.

That was just him though, he knew that some people would rather stay in one place and that was fine too. It was just curious to him because he hadn’t felt that way. He hoped Teagan didn’t take the inquiry to be judgmental because it was just honest curiosity. “Ah… its, ah, complicated. I haven’t really travelled since I moved to Lochland as a child. I just don’t like to. I used to travel a lot, when I was a wee lad… all across the country, but I don’t remember much of that. I know Lochland Grove quite well though.” Oh, okay. It wasn’t super explanatory but it was enough for Preston to be content. ‘I bet it’s nice to be that familiar with a place too.’ He wouldn’t know from experience but he could imagine that being somewhere for so long would have its perks, like being able to keep the same friends.

Pres liked making new friends, but he liked his old friends too so sometimes that made it hard to leave places. Then sometimes he met people in the woods and wasn’t too sure if they were friends or not. Okay, so that had really only happened once. “That makes sense. Anything abnormal will make people extra jumpy when they’re already in that state of mind. Well, I don’t sketch either. Really the only artistic thing I do is origami, and I sincerely think most people are only impressed by it as much as they are because its uncommon. I mean, its not as impressive as… carpentry or sculptures, but at least I can decorate things still. In any case, how has your shift been going?” Abnormality had that effect on tense situations, and he’d know. Using the notebook could be problematic in arguments too, or when things needed to be conveyed quickly, but he made do pretty well.

‘I like your origami because it’s special. I mean, it is uncommon too but you made the foxes for me and that’s not the same as me going out and buying something that was generically made.’ Maybe that was kinda cheesy but it was a perfect Preston answer. ‘Work has been alright, nothing crazy has happened which is good.’ For whatever reason, he thought that ‘something crazy’ happening in the cemetery would be zombies, but that was out of the realm of reality and probably not the wisest thing to suggest in front of someone who had just come from visiting a grave, so he kept that though to himself.
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 04:03 PM
Local
Jaya

Would Teagan feel differently about travel if he hadn’t spend his initial developmental years sitting between two unhappy adults in the cab of a semi-truck? He didn’t know. Would he feel differently if he thought that his father was retired and would not be out on the road somewhere at any given time? Maybe. However it was not for rational reasons that Teagan had an irrational fear of things. Home was where the heart was, which usually did follow family, but Teagan had one biological relative that he knew of, and he was a toxic virus that made anything Teagan ever felt comfortable become unsafe and frightening. He had family in town, made of his own choice, but sad as it would be to lose any or all of them, even alone, this would be home so long as he could maintain it.

Anthony’s presence might change Teagan’s perception, but hopefully that would not become a reality.

Preston was polite, and he seemed satisified with Teagan’s answer. Teagan couldn’t tell if it was because he was uncomfortable or because the answer had actually been deemed satisfactory. He wasn’t going to ask, and he wasn’t looking to argue with a move off the subject. Preston expressed that it was likely nice to be that familiar with a place. “Yeah, I mean… its not exciting,” Teagan chuckled, relaxing again, “But I can rolodex through all the locations in town when I want something, I never get lost, and I have a pretty great idea of just how long it will take me to walk or drive to anywhere in town. And I teach at the school I grew up going to so… that’s more surreal than anything,” he admitted with a small shrug. There were reasons that he tried to keep places separate. He could look at the right set of bleachers and remember times with Anna, see a supply closet and think of Byron, and he couldn’t go to the art classroom without thinking of Allison whether he liked it or not. No memory was bad at the time, but it could be argued that having so many memories in one place could become hard when loss blanketed over the environment.

Teagan made a remark about origami and Preston told him that he liked it because it was special. And getting fox origami was better than being something generic. Nothing crazy had happened on his shift. “Well, I don’t mean something generic, but people who are actually good at their craft can make some amazing unique works. Anyway, its not important. Its good that you haven’t had anything crazy… I once… I was here at night, I mean, it has happened, but not often. Anyway, I ran into this girl and she just sort of walked around with me, and when I offered to walk her back to the gate she said she didn’t need me to… except we’d just arrived at the gate.” He chuckled, “She was an oddball, but funny.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Preston Marx
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 09:01 AM
Stranger
Ry

Preston’s own childhood had been far from perfect but it wasn’t nightmare-ish either and as much as he wanted to believe that the world was all sunshine and rainbows he knew that reality could sometimes be dark and painful. The mute was curious about Teagan and his unwillingness to travel but he was also respectful of people’s privacy enough to know not to pry. Everyone had some skeletons in their closet, if his new friend wasn’t open to sharing his then Pres would just have to be okay with that.

Teagan had said that he hadn’t travelled since moving to Lochland when he was younger and even if it wasn’t the whole answer it had been enough for Preston. Staying in one place hadn’t been his ‘cup-of-tea’ but that wasn’t enough to merit judgment on anyone who did have such preferences; besides, how could he argue with the man’s logic. “Yeah, I mean… its not exciting, but I can rolodex through all the locations in town when I want something, I never get lost, and I have a pretty great idea of just how long it will take me to walk or drive to anywhere in town. And I teach at the school I grew up going to so… that’s more surreal than anything.” Being a local had its own charm, maybe if his own childhood had been different even he would like to settle down in the town he had grown up in. As it was though, he hadn’t grown up in one place but many. ‘I don’t think I’ve ever lived anywhere long enough to never get lost.’ Sometimes getting lost was half the fun but when you knew a place like the back of your hand that’d be pretty neat too and there’d be the option of visiting certain places for memories of family and friends who might not be around anymore; or would that be more difficult?

The topic shifted to Preston’s lack of excitement during his shift and one odd night that Teagan had in the cemetery. It made sense that people would visit at night, sometimes the days were too busy or some people just preferred the evening hours but it wasn’t something he had thought much on previously. ‘I bet this place looks a lot different at night.’ Which probably wasn’t the point of Teagan’s story but it’s what caught his attention first. ‘Do you meet a lot of people here?’ It was an odd question the more he thought about it but if Teagan was here every week then it wasn’t too unlikely he guessed.

PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 02:35 PM
Local
Jaya

Nightmarish was a good word for certain situations, especially for a man who still have night terrors and PTSD. It took a lot to really drill that sort of alarm system into a person. Saying that you weren’t safe even when you were asleep in bed with all the doors locked. It was a betrayal of the mind and body, and you couldn’t do much about it. Teagan preferred not to get into the details of his past. It presented him in a negative light, it presented a lot of people in a negative light. Being a perpetrator and a victim were negative, even if one was out of your hands. The fact that most of his exes didn’t even know there was something to know said a lot for how much Teagan got into that topic.

Preston expressed that he hadn’t lived anyone long enough to never get lost, like Teagan said about Lochland, and so Teagan joked, “Maybe you’re picking places too big. Or not staying long enough, there’s that, but you probably can’t help it if you get bored of a place.” Teagan wasn’t sure what he would do if he got bored. At least bored wasn’t fear, so he would probably just deal with it.

Yes, very different at night. Much more like a scene out of a horror movie,” Teagan admitted with a smile. Maybe not a normal thing to smile about, but it amused him in some ways. “I can’t say I’ve ever been scared to be out here though… it just has that look. I don’t meet many people here. Not many come. They don’t stay long, and they aren’t interested in talking. I’ve seen a few familiar faces, but… meeting people for the first time… I’d say less than five.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Preston Marx
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 03:08 PM
Stranger
Ry

He was one of the lucky ones. Preston hadn’t suffered from any kind of mental barrier like Teagan did. Of course, he didn’t know that the other’s issues were so deeply rooted or what had caused them and he wasn’t trying to make the man uncomfortable but it hadn’t occurred to him that it could be related to something as damaging as PTSD. Though, he wouldn’t have said it was a negative quality because it wasn’t like anyone chose to suffer from that, maybe circumstances that Teagan had overcome and overcoming was definitely a good thing. It certainly wasn’t something that should be held against a person when that person had no control over it. Unfortunately, not all people saw it the way Preston would’ve.

Regardless of their personal hang-ups, Pres was becoming quite fond of Teagan, he was polite, down to Earth, and he made awesome origami. “Maybe you’re picking places too big. Or not staying long enough, there’s that, but you probably can’t help it if you get bored of a place.” He smiled at the words, appreciating the light humor in them. ‘Not staying long enough, I think.’ He admitted on the paper before showing the other man. ‘But I kinda like new things too so it’s not so bad.’ Like meeting Teagan was a new thing.

The mute’s mind had wandered, with some help, to what the cemetery looked like after the sun went down. “Yes, very different at night. Much more like a scene out of a horror movie, I can’t say I’ve ever been scared to be out here though… it just has that look. I don’t meet many people here. Not many come. They don’t stay long, and they aren’t interested in talking. I’ve seen a few familiar faces, but… meeting people for the first time… I’d say less than five.” He understood that because he didn’t seen too many ‘regulars’ either but the mention of the horror movie had resulted in a quizzical look. ‘I guess the ‘Robert Lewis’ stuff would probably contribute to the eerie-ness.’ He’d heard the tour guides often enough to remember the name. ‘Yeah, I tend to think most people who come here don’t want to be bothered and I can’t really blame them for that.’ It’d probably be weird if someone met most of their friends or acquaintances surrounded by tombstones.

PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 10:22 PM
Local
Jaya

Whether or not anyone would have intentionally held something against Teagan was not a question. Of course most people would not hold someone being a victim against them, but they would consider it. You might not want to blame a person for having commitment issues if it was all from past experiences out of their hands, but did that mean you wanted to date them? Teagan was not so broken that he could not feign being all but completely normal, but it was definitely going to make a difference in how he behaved, whether or not other people understood why.

Preston couldn’t communicate super quickly, but considering Teagan did need to spend more time studying sign language, hopefully things would improve from there if they started working on that. Although it was hard to communicate while learning a language. He was more interested in getting to know the interesting groundskeeper than learning sing language at the moment. Preston probably didn’t stay long enough, but he liked new things, so that wasn’t surprising.

As for the topic of the cemetery at night, it was mostly like a horror movie because they used scenes like that in those movies. Which meant fiction mimicking reality, and thus, reality looked like fiction. This did not, of course, mean that it was uncomfortable or scary just because of that, but some people might think the opposite. Teagan was familiar enough with it. When Preston pointed out the Robert Lewis theme, Teagan sighed. Once he’d finished reading Teagan said, “Claro que si… the Robert Lewis stuff… Its been years since I’ve known anyone to be buried here, but its more expensive. Some people are buried out of town just for that because I’m told this is some sort of landmark. I definitely don’t see it like that, but it can cross between a legitimate place of peace and mourning to some sort of tourist attraction, depending on the person. Which is kind of awful I think, honestly.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll