February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Holidays are important in Lochland Grove. It is no wonder the community is buzzing over Little Halloween; a celebration of the town's bravery in the face of serial killer Robert Lewis.

Now that Lewis's copy cat is behind bars, does Little Halloween hold new meaning? What of the approaching Hurricane Caroline?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

ASK JAYA
(Click Here!)

Jaya has looked over your questions and written some answers! Check out the May Announcements for all the details, and maybe learn something new.

Word Count Poll
(Click Here!)

Help us decide if we should keep the word count or maybe lower it. let us know your thoughts!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

May 26th
Word Count Poll!

May 10th
Ask Jaya and
May Announcements!

May 5th
Look! A Newspaper!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

[M] Keeps On Giving, Darrell McGuiness
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 01:48 AM
Newcomer
Kat

She woke up twice that morning. The first was at 3 AM. Katerina got up, ate a little cereal, stared at a wall wondering how the Christmas spirit had gotten into the house. There had been gift buying, but that felt appropriate. The tree? That was Darrell. Still, she’d gone along with it, and part of her wished she had stockings she could shove things in. Little chocolates, toys for snake, maybe a new tape measure for her boyfriend.. IT was a strange thought. She went back to bed figuring it would be gone when the sun came up, but it hadn’t.

Katerina woke up at 7 A.M. She slipped into a new silk nightgown she’d bought when she was out shopping for Darrell’s gifts. Then, one by one she pulled out presents from the guest room. Two were extra long clamps for construction work. She wasn’t the most fond of clamps, being her ex used them on people, but she knew they were practical and that the man they were for didn’t have any that long. After that there was a few packages of underwear, t-shirts, flannels, jeans, a new pair of boots. She wasn’t certain what he’d like that was fancy or special. A ring might scare him.. a men’s bracelet or watch? She wasn’t sure. She was practical. Fancy anything just.... was hard to think of.

Finished, she went to make breakfast and realized that they had little to work with. She groaned, wondering if they could eat any of the deer meat her boyfriend had hunted down. It made her feel unsatisfied. She shrugged it off, grabbing a blanket from the couch and pushing back the window covering to look out at the slowly brightening world.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 04:27 PM
Stranger
Asa

December 25, 2017

All he knew was that it was dark when she roused him awake, wriggling out from under the weight of his arm in the middle of the night. He had just assumed she was going to the bathroom and rolled over, falling back to sleep fairly easily as he often did. The dim glow from the kitchen beyond the bedroom was shadowed briefly as she returned to bed. Snow gently fell outside as Christmas of 2017 approached the couple with quiet indifference. It was always a difficult holiday for Darrell, he couldn't go home, couldn't see his daughter, he missed them so much. Hearing their voices on the phone somehow made it harder for him, knowing they were so far away and so far out of reach. It would be easier this year at least.

Dawn kissed the horizon and cool, gray light flowed into the closed blinds of the cozy little house on the outskirts of Lochland Grove. He woke up naturally as usual, without the aid of the alarm clock, stretching out under the blankets and finding the spot next to him empty and cold. The dim light filtering through closed lids told him it was early morning and he lay there listening hard to the quiet, wondering where Kat was and if she was feeling any better. The thought of her possibly asleep on the bathroom floor after getting up to vomit concerned him enough to open his eyes and stretch over the edge of the bed to peer into the bathroom. Nothing.

Might as well get up. He made use of the shared bathroom, flushed and stepped into the spare room to notice the presents had been moved. He wondered if the tree could be brought indoors or if they had ruined it with glue and flour. Bare, rough feet shuffled across the hardwood into the den where he found Kat looking out the window,
“Mornin.’” he mumbled and cleared his throat, feeling dry and sleepy. His hair was probably all over the place, but that didn’t seem important as he moved to the glass tank against the wall to turn on the heat lamp for the python. Snake’s nails clicked across the tile in the kitchen as he stretched and yawned, walking stiffly into the living room to join Kat and Darrell with wagging tail, “Did we get the dog anything?” he suddenly thought to ask, remembering it was Christmas.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 02:24 AM
Newcomer
Kat

The world outside was .. pretty. Kat rarely stopped to just enjoy the view for anything. Art was lost on her and usually nature was too, but not today. As the sun came up she could see that ice had formed around the skeletal limbs of the trees, making them appear crystallized and bright. There was snow everywhere. New snow. It wouldn’t take long for the wildlife to mess it up. Probably Snake too. ”Mornin.” And possibly Darrell. ”Morning.” She turned, glancing at her boyfriend as he meandered over to the glass tank to turn on his heat lamp. ”You didn’t have to get up yet. “ She was in better humor than yesterday. The way his hair stood up was somewhat comforting. Predictable.

“Did we get the dog anything?”
”Yes. We did.”

Wandering barefooted through the room, she wrapped an arm around his much larger frame. ”I guess this is Merry Christmas. Do we have any Deer meat we could cook up?” She wasn’t one to get creative, but cereal sounded about as tempting as a bag of jelly beans. ”Also, while I’m thinking about it, Do you think you could bring the tree in?” If they didn’t give it a chance then what was the point of trying? ”If we have meat I could probably whip something up while you bring it in then take a shower.” She was expecting the man to be covered in white, and as far as she knew he had not taken a shower yesterday.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 04:30 AM
Stranger
Asa

“Eh, I was awake.” he shrugged. Once he was awake there was no sense in lying around, it wasn’t in his nature, laziness had been beaten out of him either by his father or prison guards. He still hadn’t told her he was an ex-convict, despite Lamb’s urges. By now it seemed trivial, something Kat would just shrug her shoulders at and seem confused as to why he even told her. If it did come up he would tell her the truth, that he didn’t think she would care.

He wondered just what they had gotten the dog, it must have been so long ago he had forgotten. That reminded him of his mother, he could picture her face now, hear her voice, “Now, before you open that, I wanna tell ya I bought it about six months ago so I don’t even remember what it is! But I’m sure you’ll love it!” he wanted to smile as Kat came across the room, he assumed to get the gift they supposedly had for the dog, but she embraced him instead. It was a rare and therefore special moment,
“I reckon,” he agreed, this was their Christmas, a strange and oddly lonely one but at least they had each other. If he hadn’t gotten shot he didn’t think they would be together right now, they had really been at odds, “I think I got a few roast cuts left.” there was still time to replace that too if he could just get himself out to the woods before the New Year, he kind of doubted it. Then she had to inquire about the tree, Darrell imagined that powder getting everywhere.

“Alright,” he didn’t seem excited about it, “I could,” he yawned, finishing the rest of his sentence with a wide open mouth, “go for, some protein, this mornin.’” he liked her idea, some meat in some of those biscuits he also had frozen in the freezer would be nice. He didn’t know how she would feel if she accidentally pulled out the bag of frozen rats instead of the venison though, “Sounds like a plan.” he hadn’t taken a shower, had he?

Not bothering with a shirt, pants or shoes he stepped onto the porch and just grabbed the tree, no fucks given and wrestled it back through the door as Snake scrambled back, having mistaken the open door for an invitation outside. The tree looked alright and there was hardly any flour on the floor around it, Darrell made the mental note to give it some water later and walked with numb feet to the bathroom. The cold definitely reminded him that he had been shot, a stiffness had already settled into the muscles of his side. A hot shower would do wonders, and they had plenty of hot water this time.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 04:59 AM
Newcomer
Kat

A few roast cuts... well, that was better than cereal. Kat was a little wary of what she’d find in the deep freeze, but she was willing to check. She knew that not everything in it was meant for them. It had been an unfortunate discovery when she had started living there. There was only so much room in the regular freezer. It was why the deer had been sequestered elsewhere. Now she’d have to look there too.

While Darrell brought the tree in, Katerina went to check what they had left. The deep freeze was surprisingly empty. There were some sausages, some tinier sausages, and some lumps of something she assumed was what she was looking for. The odd shaped packages were kept at a distance. She wanted nothing to do with them. As it was she had not really messed with the snake they were for. A bag of biscuits caught her eye and she grabbed them, turning for the kitchen with a mission. Maybe.

Warming her hands, she stared into nothingness as she let the food sit on the counter to thaw. The sound of shower water caught her attention and she pondered momentarily to herself. Her eyes scanned the kitchen cupboards thoughtfully before she turned and wandered quietly past Snake and into the bedroom. The blanket was left on the floor as she peered into the bathroom curiously. ”I need to make a grocery run in a day or so. Did you need new soap? Bodywash?” The warm wet heat drew her closer, but she didn’t pull the curtain on him. Tempting but.. she would have been irritable if he’d done that to her, and she was in a good mood. ”Also, I think I can cut up the meat and make mini deermeat pot pies. Does that sound alright?” It wasn’t exactly the perfect description, but if it worked it would at least be tasty.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 05:48 AM
Stranger
Asa

He would need to make sure he had his phone near him all day today, keep it on and keep it off silent so he could hear whenever a relative called. Sometimes random aunts and uncles called he had nearly forgotten about, that was always nice, to feel loved like that. Of course it was likely the doing of his mother, her sister would call to wish her a Merry Christmas and Christy would urge her to call her fuck up of a middle son because it would “mean the world to him!” Or some shit like that. He could always tell, the person on the other line would sound unsure and like they couldn’t wait to hang up, it was awkward to the point of being painful until even Darrell wanted some excuse to end the call. Sometimes he wished they wouldn’t bother, or just be honest, “your momma made me do it, just tell her I called and we got all warm and fuzzy, alright big guy?” sure.

At least the shower felt nice and as he lathered his shampoo into his dark hair, he suddenly heard the hollow ringing of Kat’s higher pitched voice in the void of the porcelain shower. Pulling the curtain back just slightly he poked his head out, the white foam a crown upon his head,
“I got enough,” he assured her, he had about a half a bottle and when it only took a little bit to lather up that poof thing he liked to use, well, a half a bottle lasted a long time, “Baby, anything you make is fantastic.” the sound of venison pies was wonderful actually, “Whether it’s food, a bed … love, it’s all aces for me.” he whipped the curtain over his face and disappeared behind a wall of water to rinse his hair of the shampoo, “Thawin’ out that meat’s gonna take a while.” he regretted to inform her, “It’s been in that freezer for a few weeks, it’s rock solid.”

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 06:01 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Now she was figuring out what she was doing for the day, she’d started to already organize the shopping list she’d need after Christmas. It was har for her not to think ahead. Why else would she be in the bathroom while her boyfriend showered? She needed to know if he needed more soap.. and maybe to inform him that she had an idea for food. It was creative, at least for her. She was proud of it. “Baby, anything you make is fantastic. Whether it’s food, a bed … love, it’s all aces for me.” That sounded familiar. If she remembered, he’d told her before he was easy to please... it didn’t stop her from asking.

“Thawin’ out that meat’s gonna take a while. It’s been in that freezer for a few weeks, it’s rock solid.”

”ugh.. “

....She knew that. It wasn’t something she’d thought of, however. Katerina had worked in enough kitchens over the years to learn a little about thawing meat.

”I’ll.. see what I can do. For now I’ll just let it sit on the counter. Normally I guess I’d need to put it in the fridge for a few days but...” They were NOT waiting that long. She’d thaw it out in the sink with a little warm water and some determination. ”I’ll figure it out.” Right, at least it gave her time to think. She bit her lower lip reminiscing at how silly he looked with soap in his hair. A mild smile managed to make its way onto her lips, mute yet obvious in the mostly steamed mirror.

”Did you finish washing your hair?”

The question was more just to fill space as she let the dainty fabric of her night gown fall off her shoulders and tumble onto the floor. Peeking around the curtain, she looked up at the large man thoughtfully.. then.. looked down him. ”Did you want company?” She had nothing to do, and she was in a giving mood.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 04:47 PM
Stranger
Asa

He smiled at the sounds of annoyance from the other side of the curtain,
“Just put it in a Ziploc an’ put it in the sink in the laundry room with some hot water.” he suggested, it was how he normally thawed things out. The water heater was just on the other side of the wall next to the dryer, the water in the sink got very hot, very quickly. Darrell had given the room a pretty wide berth since the night he had nearly died in there, that bathroom was the source of some bad memories. He still wasn’t sure about moving out of this house come spring, there were good as well as bad memories and someone had already figured out where he lived and broken in. That was a sign in and of itself that he had been in one place for a shad too long.

A silence passed as he rinsed the suds from his hair and he assumed Kat had left to thaw out the venison, until she spoke. The bulk of his muscles flinched at the sudden voice and he took a moment to try and process what she had said as the warm water pattered around him,
“Yeah,” his brow creased in curiosity as he stared at the ceramic tile across from him, running his fingers through his hair a few times. The curtain rustled quietly and was soon followed by her voice asking him that question he had hoped she would ask. Finally, he was beginning to wonder if she thought he wasn't able to put his money where his mouth was when he was being so blatantly flirtatious.

Looking over his shoulder he could see her peeking from around the curtain and wondered at her words, was she going to be cruel and pull some kind of trick or did she really mean that?
“My Christmas wish came true.” he smiled at her, “I’ll always want comp’ny if it’s your comp’ny.”

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 02:23 AM
Newcomer
Kat

A ziplock and hot water? She was almost certain she heard that was a terrible way to thaw food. Still.. she was feeling slightly desperate not to eat cereal for Christmas day. Maybe it was Katerina’s need to at least do something right if she was going to do anything at all. They already had a tree. She muddled over the options begrudgingly as Darrell continued to wash, finally deciding to be sweet instead of prickly. Well.. less prickly anyway. It was an unusual approach, but she knew he wanted it.

Well, last she checked...

She took off her nightgown before she could question herself.

Did he want company?

“My Christmas wish came true." Darrell’s smile felt good despite how emotioally dead she felt. Those pinpricks of gentle feelings told her things could get better. She’d come out of it. I’ll always want comp’ny if it’s your comp’ny.” Nodding, the woman stepped into the shower with a soft exhale. Her long hair immediately felt uncomfortable and damp, but her boyfriend’s skin felt warm and welcoming. ”How’s the wound?” She asked, running her fingers over his side and then his chest. ”It looks better.” Anything was better than the blood she’d seen. She closed the gap between them, propping her chin against his sternum. ”You won’t hurt yourself?” She was certain he could. She wasn’t even certain he should be doing anything athletic, but there was no way to keep him from the gym now.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 08:15 PM
Stranger
Asa

The silver water made a halo around her form as she stepped through the shower and ran a hand along his firm body,
“Feels better.” he answered, the depth of his voice reverberating in the tile walls of their sanctuary. Darrell was just glad she wasn’t visiting his grave for Christmas, if she was, at least she knew how he really felt. He had been stupid and nearly paid the ultimate price for it and would think a little harder on accepting a job of that magnitude again.

She was so soft against him as much rougher, but surprisingly gentle hands explored, trailing beneath the tendrils of her soaked hair to trace the curvature of her back, giving a flirtatious squeeze to the pale pillows of her ass. She had gained back the weight she had lost while on her trip to Louisiana, in fact Darrell might even say she had gained back even more. But that clearly wasn’t a problem as a smile bloomed from under the rough mustache. Darrell’s laugh lines had grown deeper over the years, but they were the only wrinkles he didn’t particularly mind,
“I don’t think so.” it was the most assurance she was going to get, he was pretty sure he had nearly gained back all of his lost weight as well. Charla had told him to wait six weeks before doing anything strenuous but, he honestly felt fine.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 09:20 PM
Newcomer
Kat

She wasn’t the biggest fan of being touched, but many things had eased her reservations. The little doubts in her head were muted into low half hearted rumblings. Katerina looked up at Darrell now without any sense of paranoia. No concern over whether Alexander would appear and strike him dead. Instead she worried about the simple things in life where his already healing injury could get worse again... and his touch was far from unpleasant.

The man’s arms were long and his frame tall. He leaned over her, running his large hands along the delicate curve of her body until he found her ass. His mustache dripped. ”If you re-injure yourself you’ll regret it.” It was her last warning, fingers running along his broad shoulders and down his chest with quiet interest. ”Don’t strain yourself.” Her eyes watched him with quiet regard as she lowered her chin and kissed the slick surface of his skin. Just a peck. What space had been between them disappeared entirely as she let her hips engage gently against him. The water seemed to add a thrilling element to the way he felt. She could feel her body react to him. Her heart rising in expectation. Even if part of her was missing, she still knew she cared. That she needed to be there with him.

”Kiss me.”

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 10:31 PM
Stranger
Asa

He knew he could entice her into the shower, she seemed to be in a much better mood this morning than she had been the night before when a sudden bout of nausea had sent her running for the toilet. The warmth of the shower’s steam enveloped them in a silvery fog as the curtain ran with water. Kat reacted to his touch, pushing against him with her hips in a way that got a slightly forceful exhale from him,
“No, I won’t.” Darrell laughed as he denied the fact he would feel any amount of regret if he strained himself, not while doing this, no way!

The hollow space sounded so private and confined, their own little world as her much lighter voice broke through the din of the roaring water pattering against white ceramic. A silvery pool formed in the dip of her breasts where they were pressed against him, shivering with every excitable beat of her heart. The kiss was almost shy, unpracticed, rusty maybe as there lingered just a bit of hesitation in the slow manner of movements that bloomed into something more as a hand ventured up to tenderly cradle her head.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 11:14 PM
Newcomer
Kat

She could feel the way his chest caved as he leaned down to kiss her, large arms tightening around her small body. It was so protective. So comforting. It was this feeling that had helped Katerina had come so far since the days where every shadow was haunted. She kissed him now with without hesitation. The thick muscle under her fingertips seemed to hum with his pulse. He was tender with her, almost innocent in the way he kissed the soft flesh of her lips. A strange description for Darrell. He was a rough sort of man. His warmth was only a cover for the kind of danger he could be.

Not that it had stopped her.

The tender movement of their bodies was eager yet tame. Katerina was careful where she let her fingers probe. They worked their way eagerly across the man’s hip, along his back. Her palms war gentle, but her nails were quick to glide lightly along his skin and leave lines. she would have marked him if she could. The time apart months ago had been strangely satisfying in that respect. Just thinking about it made her breath hitch, her form rising to the balls of her feet to kiss him harder. Kat made the softest of sounds as she turned her head to deepen the kiss. It was delicate, and full of of how much she enjoyed the sensation of his body against her own.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 11:56 PM
Stranger
Asa

The electric prickling of nerve endings on fire were stoked by the teasing stroke of her nails along sensitive skin, blazing trails of red. They knew where each other’s buttons lay and the perfect way to go about pressing them, nothing about them was flawless or normal but over the long months together they had gotten this aspect of their relationship pretty well figured out.

He had wondered at first if she was just doing this for him but as she became more engaged, pushed for more and enticed him further, the motives became clearer in spite of the steam that had engulfed them and fogged their very presence. He kissed her back more passionately, the hand on the back of her head ever so slowly closing on a fistful of dampened hair to give a slight but arousing pull as her perky breasts pressed against him. Breaths came faster as his pulse quickened, the hand that remained on the swell of her ass pulled her harder against him, yearning to lift her off her feet and pin her against the wall of the shower like they had done in Atlanta, unless she had something different in mind. But he was certainly more than looking forward for that next step, it was blatantly obvious now as an almost pleasurable throb undulated from his readiness.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 12:23 AM
Newcomer
Kat

They were lucky to have a good shower. The water was hot, the stream was strong, and it didn’t seem to be having issue continuing. It was mostly lost on her now. The splatter of water at her feet seemed far away when her heart was growing steadily louder. Katerina’s lips fought the rough touch of Darrell’s mustache to kiss him, and when he gripped her hair she nipped his lower lip with a soft growl that sounded louder in the confines of the small room. She’d grown fond of his facial hair, mostly due to the fact it was his. Much like his pet snake or the repulsive food he fed his dog. They were a part of the man she loved.

Between them she could feel the unsubtle rise of Darrell’s desires. The man pulled her harder against him with a desperation that didn’t need words. Kat moved her hands to around his neck to run her fingers through the messy wet mop of hair that rarely behaved. She pulled away to eye him, wishing he wasn’t quite so tall. ”Are...” The word was but a soft gasp. ”.. y-you sure?” If she broke him she’d pay for it later. Her thumbs ran along the nap of his neck, feeling the shorter hairs along his scalp gently. "I d..." Breathe. "Don't want to break you." Oh she wanted to enjoy this, but she wasn't fond of the idea of putting him back together again.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
Fast Reply