February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Halloween Season is here!
From now through november

The Lochland Ghosts have appeared again. To celebrate this Halloween this year we offer a variety of fun things.

1. The haunted Halloween forum
2. A fun haunted skin
3. Festive Games
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Choose your own adventure

Welcome to Lochland Grove

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
End Date: 12/09/17
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other. The old building features a bed and breakfast, museum, and a Ballroom for celebrations.

Be warned: The Mansion is haunted! Any characters threading here are giving permission for the ghosts to play.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

October 16st
There are new ghosts AND Decision 3 is up.

October 18TH
New ghosts are hiding around Lochland. Can you find them all?.

October 16st
The Adventure continues! What happens next?.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Like Normal People, Darrell McGuiness
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 12:38 AM
Stranger
Asa

Leaving Charla to roll her eyes at Lamb and berate him for not feeling as if Katerina’s disappearance was worth worrying about, Darrell only had one thing on his mind, all that shit she had unloaded on him that night. The bike sped along the uneven road at a dangerous speed and Darrell kept his seat, scanning what was in front of him in the dimming light of the late afternoon, bobbing headlight in the mouth of a chrome skull mounted on the front of the Harley, lighting the way. With the ease of someone who knew his way around two wheels he leaned the speeding bike right and left around various bumps in the road, tree roots, rocks, an old fence post before suddenly taking the motorcycle off road and into the grass of the apple orchard. Lamb and Charla followed behind as best they cool, trying to keep up with the sounds of Legion as it spun a hellish thundering path through the otherwise quiet farm, leaving a rooster tail in its wake.

What he had spotted that led him off the beaten path had greatly … disturbed him. By the time he skidded to a stop on the slick grass and dismounted the idling cycle he had tunnel vision for the man trying desperately to untangle himself from a Tasmanian devil of a woman who had him by one leg, but he was about to have far more to contend with. It was a cheap shot but Darrell wasn’t known for fighting fair, knocking the son of a bitch senseless with a hard right slug to the back of the head, sending him sprawling. Lamb and Charla had been … shaken by Darrell’s show of violence in the trailer park that day, had been very quiet over dinner, still uncertain about their relationship with this ex-con who had been jailed on numerous occasions for his outbursts. They were not present to see him drag the dazed man by his jacket over to the rhythmically thrumming Harley to burn his face on the searing hot chrome of the engine, pressing him there as he twisted handfuls of hair into his fists to hold the squirming bastard still, the look of agony and fear reflecting in the mirrored lenses of the crazy man’s Aviators.

He said nothing, heard nothing, not the screams, no one shouting for him to stop, not the idling bike, nothing but the roar of blood in his ears as every muscle tensed and all he could envision was this man on top of Katerina with his knee in her back. It was true that prison changed people, and he had witnessed a guard kill an inmate in that exact same way, and he just saw red. It had also occurred to him, this was the ex she had told him about, and if no one stopped him, this motherfucker was going to die right here, right now.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 01:05 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Her heart was beating like a humming bird. Katerina was breathless, fighting with all of her energy to hold on. This man had her purse; every muscle in her body as prepared to cling to him until there was nothing left. She let go only when he crumpled to the ground. Above them stood Darrell like a giant in the slow setting sun. There were no words, no breath, no anything. All the anger she felt instantly faded away in relief. God, she was happy to see him.

But he wasn’t dont’ yet...

Exhausted, she watched from the grass as Darrell drug her assaulter towards the motorcycle. The asshole seemed dazed. It wasn’t until his face was shoved against the hot metal of the Harley that his whole body began to fight. Screams rose into the air with the scent of flesh and for a moment she doubted her own sanity; She should do something... but it was hard to care. Katerina staggered to her feet for Darrell, not for him. The look on his face held the anger she had seconds ago. ”D-Darrell?” She breathed, unable to lift her voice above a whisper. Kat had yet to truly catch her breath.

Waving to get attention, Katerina shakily walked her way to the Harley with what energy she’d managed to return. Her blue eyes Studied Darrell’s face, glancing between it and the agonizing contortions of the once-assailant. ”Darrell?” There was no way to be heard above the screams. She couldn’t see his eyes, but he seemed far away. Gently Kat wrapped her warms around the large man’s neck and buried her face. It made her feel safe being this close. ”Darrell...” Her voice lifted for his ear alone. ”Get m-me.. out of hhhere.” It practically begged.

They needed to leave. The sudden whirlwind of craziness had given Katerina a surprisingly cool head.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 01:47 AM
Stranger
Asa

He was somewhere else, outside of himself watching on with a faraway look in his eyes. Had Lamb not been so far away he might have witnessed the event and compared it to a violent PTSD flashback. Nothing could snap him out of it, until he felt something settle around his neck, a weight to anchor him, bringing him back to earth in a rush that almost made it seem as though she had startled him. He dropped back on his ass, one arm around Katerina and the other bracing him from falling onto his back. He suddenly felt exhausted, body going limp as he surveyed the blistered face of the man before him, the smell of burning hair and flesh so strong in his nostrils that he felt nauseous. The hell did he do?

“Okay, okay,” he answered breathily, feeling like he had run a marathon. The bike was still idling and the screams had lessened into moans from the man on the ground, “get on the bike, I’ll take ya back to the Jeep.” and then home if she insisted. In the distance came the worried calls of Lamb and Charla, still looking for them both. He didn’t need them to see what he and Legion had done. Seared flesh stuck in small bits to the pulsing shovelhead. He couldn’t be sure if the tremors in his hands were from the ebbing adrenaline or from riding the Harley, but he had no trouble pulling this man up from the ground just far enough to speak to him in a cold resonance, “Come near ‘er again an’ I’ll burn the other side.” then roughly rolled him away from the bike so they could leave, smashing the man’s fallen cell phone under the heel of his boot for good measure.

Sliding into the seat, Darrell stood the Harley and slowly turned it in the narrow road, heading back up toward the highway where they met Lamb and Charla about halfway. Relief on their faces, turning to concern,
“What happened?” the veteran asked, only now convinced something had indeed happened.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 02:07 AM
Newcomer
Kat

She fell with him, cushioned against his body. Darrell had finally stopped. There was little Words she could speak, and if she had them there wasn’t much she could say. She was ready to leave. ”Okay, okay. Get on the bike, I’ll take ya back to the Jeep.” Kat obeyed quietly. Her form was still, heart still racing. She got on the bike hugging her purse to her as if it might get away. There were twigs in her long hair, grass stains.. she smelled terrible. Yes, she needed to go.

Darrell was smart enough to smash the cellphone. That would take care of the pictures. He wasn’t through with the man on the ground. “Come near ‘er again an’ I’ll burn the other side.” The words made her feel safe. She leaned into the big man’s back and buried her face as they took off. The motorcycle didn’t go far before it slowed. ”What happened?” Lamb? Her wild blue eyes peered around the handiman’s arm to look at both him and Charla warily. ”A man drug me out here at knife point. He...” She murmured huskily, taking a moment to clear her throat and not finishing her sentence. ” It’s fine.” Bastard got more than he could ever have expected.”Just want to go home.” Kat had enough trouble being around people, at the moment she needed to feel secure.

Sliding her arms around Darrell, she squeezed gently. ”Going to go pick up the jeep.” That was everything, right? ”Good to see you.” Right. Probably the only faces besides the man sitting in front of her that she welcomed seeing in Lochland.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 02:40 PM
Stranger
Asa

The man could thank Kat later, it was because of her presence that Darrell didn’t just blow his brains out, instead he was left to slowly spiral down into a pain induced unconsciousness well off the road where no one would find him unless they happened to stumble across him. He would be left with a permanent reminder not to fuck with her, or him for that matter.

It wasn’t until they stopped next to the vexed couple that Darrell realized how out of breath he was, opening his mouth to speak, thinking Kat would be too stunned to do so, she surprised him,
“Oh my god.” Charla sounded absolutely mortified, taking in the sight of the disheveled Katerina, including the sliced strap to her purse. They could only guess he had tried to steal her wallet or something. She rolled her eyes next, but not at her shaken neighbor, “What is this town coming to? It used to be so quiet around here, can’t even go to a nice event like this without being mugged by some lowlife.” but Lamb’s mind was elsewhere, looking down the trail where Darrell had come from, noting that the tires of the Harley were covered in mud and grass,
“Not that the asshole deserves it but, I heard screaming, should we call an ambulance?” knowing Darrell he had done something horrible to the guy, here he sat wiping hair off his sweating palms, onto his jeans,
“Uh, yeah don’t go over there, he needs time t’ think about what he done.” let him suffer and have to look like he’d literally been grilled the rest of his life. Pulling away from the still stunned looking couple Darrell had the thought that, if the guy could afford it, they would likely do skin grafts from his ass to repair the damage to his face … ass face. He couldn’t even laugh, maybe he’d find it funny later.

Slowing to a stop next to the Wrangler he eased the bike onto its kickstand and let Katerina dismount first so she wouldn’t burn her leg on the engine or the pipes. She was ready to go home, after such a harrowing experience, he couldn’t blame her, hopefully she would have the energy to shower. He was still a little out of it himself, as if that red hot anger had only reduced to a quiet simmer, it certainly wasn’t gone.

“Would you do somethin’ like that for me?” Charla asked the man on her arm as they walked within sight of the Jeep as it idled a moment and then began to pull away,
“I actually admire the man’s restraint … I woulda shot the son of a bitch.”

As if to play on his current mood when he cranked up the Wrangler it was playing the nitro fueled tempo of a Metallica song, he turned toward the main road ever so slightly bobbing his head to the aggressive drum beat,
Turn on beyond the bone! Swallow future, spit out home, burn your face upon the chrome!
That was enough of that … Darrell turned it down and shifted through the gears headed toward home,
“Who was that?” he suddenly asked quietly, not looking at her as dark shaded eyes watched the winding road beyond, dry leaves swirling on the asphalt.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 03:15 PM
Newcomer
Kat

The wind in her hair felt nice, but Katerina’s mind was too distracted to enjoy it. She couldn’t concentrate on anything. Her mind felt like mush, but it was enough to form words now. She shut her eyes and concentrated on the sensations of Darrell’s large body against her own. There was an instinctive need to be close to him. As if the tide of whatever craziness happening in the world my rip her away. The woman’s fingers spread and gripped at his jacket, greedy for as much contact as she could manage.

When they got to the Jeep she was silent. Her back ached and she’d used all the words she could manage.It only too a few seconds to get off the bike and make her way onto the passenger seat. She numbly put on her seat belt, hugging her purse quietly as they drove away towards home. Even music couldn’t sooth her. ”Who was that?” Her head lifted form her thoughts. ”Oh..” She tucked a thick tendril of hair behind an ear, extracting a twig. ”That’s.. a story.” Right, she’d get right on telling it.. just.. give her a moment. A crease formed between her brows as she tried to think back just how far she’d have to go to tell the story right.

Katerina gave her purse another heavy squeeze.

’The day after Little Halloween, I made good money on cleaning up after Robert Lewis Parties.” She began carefully, trying to fish out all of the information despite still feeling like a shaken leaf. ”I saw some girls preparing to ziptie a man’s penis.... Kiefer’s.. that blond from the trailer park? “ She glanced at him sidelong then looked at the glovebox instead. ”He was drunk and probably on drugs.. When they got in my face I dumped a bucket of vomit filled mop water on them and.. they ran off to take a shower. When they came back I had him out of the house, but not far enough.” She could remember the confused look on Kiefer’s face. ”One of them started beating me with a bucket. She didn’t stop so I pulled my gun and they ran back into the house.” If there was any energy left in her she would have shrugged. ”They apparently remembered me. We met again at Gertie’s. They told that man about me and came over to confront me about that morning. I don’t know who dumped their drink on my head, but he was the one that slammed me against the wall.“ A turn in the road made her pause, lifting a hand to hold onto her seat belt. "They didn't get what they want and.. the threat of the police chased them away. I've seen him a few times around town, but this is the first time I've seen him up close since then. Was that enough?

”I don’t think he told me.. exactly.. what he wanted to do to me, back there. I think he was about to start cutting my clothes off when you showed up. “ God, it felt frighteningly familiar. ”He wanted to take pictures... and my gun. He wanted my gun.” She paused, quickly opening the purse to look for the sidearm. It was still there, hidden in a zipped pocket in the lining. The idiot just hasn’t realized it. ”It’s here.”

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 05:34 PM
Stranger
Asa

He didn’t feel any better as she told him the other few times they had crossed paths, the guy seemed like a real asshole, couldn’t let anything go after it all started with a drunken catfight. At least he knew now how she had come to be affiliated with the guy he’d seen at the trailer park. Hearing what he had planned on doing to her before Darrell had shown up had him shaking his head, rubbing at the thickening stubble along his jaw as if in some effort to calm himself.

Flicking on his turn signal, Darrell pulled his sunglasses far enough from his face to flip them to the top of his head and turned onto their street, digesting the information as Kat looked for the gun in her purse. He wondered how things would be tomorrow, would she go right back to acting like she didn’t want to be here, or would things change? There was no telling with her, she confused him, living with a woman tended to be like that.

“That’s uh,” he paused to clear his throat, “one’a the drawbacks t’ carryin’ … somebody could take it from ya, use it on you.” he warned her, one had to be vigilant about that, it was why he preferred to physically have his on him. The Jeep rocked back and forth as it climbed the hill toward the house, straddling that rut he still needed to fill in with something. Coming to a stop at the top of the driveway, the lights were momentarily emblazoned on the front of the house and a happy dog on the porch before going dark, the engine died and he sat in silence a moment, “You okay with leavin’ that guy the way he is?” he asked, leaning back in his seat and looking down at the still illuminated dash, “Or do you want ‘im t’ disappear?” now he turned to look at her in the dimming light of early evening, dead serious.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 06:31 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Thank god that idiot didn’t get her gun. It had taken time for Katerina to even give up carrying around tapes with her personal nightmares on them, but she wasn’t giving up her gun. “That’s uh, one’a the drawbacks t’ carryin’ ... somebody could take it from ya, use it on you. Who knew what would have happened if Darrell hadn’t been there. "Yes.“ All she knew for certain was that if given the least amount of wiggle room she would have left a mark. She’d walked down abandoned roads naked, see if he could do that without eyeballs.

The Jeep rolled up to the house with a different feeling in her heart than when it had rolled away. Katerina felt exhausted. She stared at old porch wondering what tomorrow would bring. “You okay with leavin’ that guy the way he is?” The way he is? Her eyes met Darrell’s in the dim light. “Or do you want ‘im t’ disappear?” ....oh. ”Let him live.” Her heart-rate increased slightly, Feeling his eyes on her. ”I won’t have his death on your shoulders and..I just wanted his eyes. I think the price he paid is good enough.” Granted, if he did show up in their lives again he better run.

She didn’t want to get out of the car. In the house there was the chili to put away, the laundry, and the earrings. Charla’s advice felt far away. The feeling side did too. At that moment Katerina wanted to stay near him. ”Can I sleep with you tonight?” Wait, no.. ”Just sleep.” She knew he wasn’t interested in her. It frustrated her to know he wasn’t. Katerina didn’t size herself up to any woman, but she was usually far more honest with others than she was being at the moment with him. ”I’ll go put away the chili.” Opening the door, she slipped out of the Jeep and headed towards the house. Her back still ached, but she was mobile. If she had learned anything there with Darrell it was that he probably had a pill to remedy it.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 08:08 PM
Stranger
Asa

Seeming satisfied by her answer he turned away, little did she know that guy’s life would only join many, many others on his shoulders,
“No promises he’ll walk away next time.” Darrell commented ominously. At least she knew now that, in spite of whatever it was they had been dealing with these last few days, he did care, apparently he cared a lot. He had such a bad habit of getting incredibly attached to people, so much so that he went full on Forrest Gump on assholes fucking with those he cared about. At least Katerina seemed far more appreciative than that ungrateful and misguided Jenny. Over the years he’d had his fill of Jenny’s, lost women who just couldn’t be helped because they flat out refused it, never thanked him for shit.

It was probably the fastest he had turned his head since the incident at the apple orchard, eyes wide with surprise at the question, which she quickly clarified. Normally he would have said something like, “let’s just get drunk and see what happens” but he wasn’t so sure he liked her when she was drunk, it had started this whole weird situation where she wouldn’t look or speak to him. So he just smiled, looking away again at the dog sitting on the top step now, looking out toward the road,
“Sure.” to be honest he had kind of missed it, thinking it was going to be a regular thing after the first time but … she had eluded him. Two days ago he had come home with a twin bed set in the back of the Wrangler, without even telling her beforehand, she came home from her shift at the cemetery to her own bed and nightstand. His excuse was, it made the room look more complete so potential buyers would be more interested in the house when he opened it for viewing. He also felt kind of bad she had been sleeping on an air mattress for so long, but he had no idea she would be staying for as long as she had, “I prob’ly ain’t comin' t’ bed for a few hours though.” he added, stepping out of the Jeep and standing to his full height to adjust his pants, closed the door behind him and locked up the car, “Hey buddy.” scratching the dog on the head he thought nothing of it when the animal pretty much disregarded him for the woman following behind, much more interested in her. For about a month he had been referring to the Mastiff mix as “her dog” especially when he chewed on something or shit on the porch.

Darrell opened the door for her, welcoming the cool AC from the heavy heat outside,
“When does it start coolin’ off around here, hotter’n two rabbits fuckin’ in a wool sock outside.” he complained and unchained Snake, letting the lumbering beast indoors for the evening, a strand of saliva already hanging from one corner of his mouth as if he’d eaten a Nike and left a shoestring hanging out. It was relieving taking the jacket off, it had been much cooler when he left, maybe it was supposed to rain, he hadn’t checked, oddly enough. The hard thud of the Glock in the pocket of the cycle jacket sounded unnaturally loud as he dropped it on the coffee table and walked into the kitchen, reaching over Katerina to get a cup down for himself, “I didn’ eat a damn thing.” he told her and went to the fridge for Snake’s dinner, the dog already patiently waiting on his designated towel.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 09:09 PM
Newcomer
Kat

A few hours until bed... what could she get done while she waited. Katerina began making lists. It wasn’t hard. She had gotten to know Darrell’s house rather well, the floor lay out, the places to clean, and of course the laundry. It made her feel far more comfortable than when she’d first stepped foot there. Patting Snake’s head, she let the door be opened for her then headed for the kitchen to put away the chili she’d made earlier. “When does it start coolin’ off around here, hotter’n two rabbits fuckin’ in a wool sock outside.” The woman’s shoulders shrugged. ”I don’t know. Probably soon? October is just around the corner.” Weather was one of the least important things in her daily life. Rain or shine, she still went to w ork.. usually.

She leaned down to smell the chili, feeling only a slight heat rising. It was probably safe to put away now. Darrell’s sudden presence behind her made her pause. She let him get what he wanted while just sensing the warmth of his body. ”I didn’ eat a damn thing.” Her head bobbed in a nod. ”Do you want chili?” It would be stupid of her to put it away just for him to take it out again. ”I could make some garlic bread to go with it. Just some toast, garlic, butter.. a little salt. It wouldn’t take long.” She admitted. ”I’ll get that started.” It was better than looking at the concoction he fed the dog.

For the next few hours Katerina did the laundry, got food together, cleaned the dishes, then finally got around to her shower. She honestly wasn’t certain easily the grass stains would come out of her clothes. If she cared more about them she might have been upset. Instead she removed twigs from her hair and left the shower in a clean T-shirt and a pair of underwear. Before bed she sat at the kitchen table, looking through her purse to make sure the essentials were still in it. Her mind was occupied with bedtime and had been for as long as she had moved around the house. It was.. frustrating. As if getting assaulted had rewarded her with a cookie. ... all here.” She sighed to Snake. ”Guess I’ll turn in.” She got up, trying to peptalk herself into not feeling more than she did. How long she could stand this was unknown.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 10:18 PM
Stranger
Asa

A good solid meal in his stomach and the dog fed, Darrell stepped out onto the porch to smoke a cigarette and make a few illicit phone calls, had to plan the rest of his week, after all. Plaguing the back of his mind were all those unanswered questions, including what this strange household would be like after tonight. Would things go back to that semi-normalcy of before? One thing was for certain, this chilifest he had hoped to enjoy like a “normal person” had only reminded him that he could never be normal. His mind had gone some place and allowed his body to unleash unspeakable horror on another human being, only snapping back just before he pulled his sidearm and ended the son of a bitch’s misery. He didn’t feel remorse, he didn’t feel anything really, he was only slightly worried that he had scared the shit out of Katerina and she was just too shaken to tell him. Who does shit like that? Crazy people …

Around nine he came back inside, enjoying the cool down of evening, it made the house feel even better. He turned out some lights, brushed his teeth and stripped out of his pants, sliding into bed carefully, knowing someone else was under the sheets tonight. Only for tonight? He had no idea,
“Just sleep.” he said flatly, repeating what she had said earlier in the Jeep.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll