February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Say something, Kieran Hill
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 05:10 AM
Local
Kate

Zoe was becoming increasingly frustrated with Kieran almost by the day. Don't get her wrong, she loved him and that didn't change, but it was very hard to be with someone who constantly refused to talk about what was on his mind. It had been like this for over a month now and whilst she'd sworn she wouldn't push him into talking, it was getting to a point where she was really starting to take it personally. She'd opened her heart to him on several occasions in the time they'd known each other and so she'd really like to think he could do the same to her. She wasn't supposed to just be his girlfriend, she was supposed to be his best friend too. And if he couldn't talk to her then she took that as sign maybe he wasn't so into her as she'd first thought.

She'd had high hopes for tonight, it was her childhood best friend Chloe's birthday and they'd been invited out to celebrate at a local restaurant along with Chloe's boyfriend. It was somewhat of a triple date since Tara and her new boyfriend were also invited. She hadn't been sure if Kieran would be too thrilled on the idea of it, but he'd agreed to come and that was a start, right? He already knew her friends so it wasn't like they had to have some kind of awkward meeting for the first time. If anyone should feel awkward it was Tara's new boyfriend since he was new to the group. He seemed pleasant enough, not exactly Zoe's type as he appeared to be covered in tattoos, but Tara had always been into guys like that.

Kieran had barely said a word the whole night. She wasn't sure if that was because he felt uncomfortable and didn't really want to be there or because he was sat there overthinking things again. Yeah, the things he wouldn't talk about. They were quiet as they sat in the back of the cab on the short journey home, she'd planned on staying at Kieran's tonight, though if he was going to continue to be in this mood she didn't really see the point. She looked out of the window, wanting to bring up the fact that he'd been so quiet during that meal, but she was afraid of making the situation worse. "What did you think of Tara's new boyfriend?" she asked, looking over at him, wondering if he had an opinion. It was a starting point for a conversation at least. Boy, he was hard work right now.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 09:27 AM
Local
Natalie

Things weren't so great at the moment for him. He had issues that he knew he had to work on, but lately everything was just getting on top of him and he couldn't help but feel disconnected from everyone and everything. It wasn't a fun place to be in, especially when he knew it was going to start having an effect on his personal life including his relationship with Zoe. She'd already picked up on his bad mood recently and he knew she desperately wanted him to talk, but everytime he got close to doing so he just backed away again. It was funny how he'd always encouraged her to talk about things that were bothering her, but yet when the tables were turned he just started pushing her away. He was a hypocrite and incapable of taking his own advice.

He wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea of this 'triple date', but he got on with Zoe's friends well enough, he just hoped he wasn't expected to sit there and talk too much. Because he wasn't in the mood. He sat by Zoe but he knew he didn't offer much to the conversation at the table, he was there but wasn't really paying much attention. He was thinking too much and had become distracted by his own thoughts to really care what what everyone else was saying. It would have been best if he'd just stayed at home, but he hadn't wanted to let Zoe down. Once he started doing that she'd just get more and more annoyed with him. Truth be told, he was afraid of losing her but if he wasn't careful that was exactly what was going to happen. Lately he'd even thought that perhaps it might be the best for her sake, she didn't need to be with someone like him.

He was somewhat glad when the evening came to an end and each couple went their separate ways. He'd had a couple of drinks so he made sure they got a cab home, although it wouldn't exactly be far anyway. They were pretty much silent as they were driven back to East Lochland, until he was aware Zoe had just asked him something. Something about Tara's boyfriend, though in all honesty he'd not been paying much attention. "Hmm?" he looked over at her, getting the impression she was rather frustrated with him but hadn't yet admitted it. "Yeah... he was cool I guess. I didn't really talk to him" he shrugged, that was only the truth. It hadn't really been deliberate, but he'd chosen to stay quiet tonight in case he snapped at someone else, which he seemed to be very good at doing lately.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 12:36 PM
Local
Kate

If he hadn't wanted to come tonight then she would have rather he'd just been honest. She wouldn't have particularly minded going on her own. She may as well have done considering he'd barely said a word to anyone. She knew he wasn't all that keen on being sociable in big groups anyway, which she could totally understand, but she felt there was more to it than just that tonight. He was distant and she couldn't help but get the feeling he was slipping away from her.

Silences had never really been awkward between them until now. At least it felt a bit uncomfortable for her, as for him he just seemed to be in a world of his own. She didn't know what she was supposed to say to him or what they were going to do for the rest of the night back at his. Sex never seemed to be far from his mind so she could put bets on him trying it on with her. She wasn't sure she particularly wanted that to happen tonight, she was so frustrated with him that now she'd ended up in a bit of bad mood too. Being around him at the moment was clearly starting to take it's toll on her.

He hadn't even really been listening had he? She sighed lightly and ran a hand through her blonde hair. He'd had plenty of opportunities to get to know Tara's boyfriend, just as there'd been plenty of moments to talk to her friends. Oh in fact, he'd spoken more to the waiter tonight than he'd spoken to her. She didn't want to get mad at him but she was starting to lose patience with him now. "No, you didn't really talk to anyone, Kieran" she sighed again, the last thing she wanted was to cause an argument - especially since they were still in the back of a cab, but if she didn't speak her mind he was just going to carry on pretending everything was okay when it clearly wasn't.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 01:46 PM
Local
Natalie

He realised now that it must have been noticeable that he'd barely said a word all night. Her friends must have been wondering what the hell was wrong with him. He knew he'd not only let them down but he'd clearly disappointed Zoe. But it was too late now, he'd had plenty of chances tonight to speak up for himself and show willing but he'd chosen not to take them. They all must have thought he was living on another planet or something.

In all honesty he just badly wanted to get home now, it wasn't fun trying to be social when he didn't really feel like it. Perhaps he shouldn't have gone tonight, but he knew that in not turning up he might have let Zoe down. And once he started turning down these invitations he had a habit of continuing to do so. It had been that way with his ex, but then if he was honest he'd never thought much of her friends and therefore didn't see why he should hang out with them. He at least liked Zoe's friends and thought that maybe they liked him too, so he had to try and make somewhat of an effort.

Clearly he'd not tried hard enough tonight, he could hear the disappointment in Zoe's voice. Yeah, he really should have just stayed at home because he was going to end up in more of a mood now. "Sorry, I didn't realise there was always an obligation for me to talk" he rolled his eyes and then looked out of the window as he realised they were very nearly approaching his house. "I'll try harder next time" he muttered, clearly annoyed that he was always expected to have something to say for himself. He leant forward in his seat so he could speak to the driver, "Driver, could you stop just up ahead, please" he instructed him, to which the driver slowed down and pulled up just outside his house. He was soon pulling out his wallet and handing over his fare before stepping out of the cab, waiting for Zoe to get out and join him on the sidewalk. "You're still staying tonight aren't you?" he asked, looking somewhat unsure as he pulled out his house key, he got the impression she wasn't all that impressed with him right now.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 08:16 AM
Local
Kate

It seemed that perhaps that was a communication issue between the two of them at the moment. How was she supposed to know how he was feeling if he didn't talk to her about what was bothering her? She'd be a lot more understanding if he'd only confide in her like she'd done with him. It wasn't like she was putting pressure on him to talk, but she felt like he was just completely blanking her at the moment. How could she not take that personally? He was just being awkward now and she worried that an argument was about to start. "There isn't..." she said, he had taken it the wrong way but she still thought he could have spoken up at least a little more than he had to at least show a bit of enthusiasm. She could see she'd irritated him now, "Forget it... I just..." she started, but didn't see the point in finishing when he wasn't really interested. "Never mind" she said quietly, she'd been about to say that she'd thought he might have made a little more effort, but no doubt he'd snap at her for that.

Now they'd arrived back at Kieran's house and she was a little concerned about how the rest of the night was going to play out. His bad mood lately was starting to rub off on her. If he wasn't willing to at least try and communicate with her, then she didn't see why she should do the same with him. She stayed quiet as he paid the driver, instead choosing to just get out, clutching her purse to her body as she stepped outside back into the cold. She watched him as he took his key from his pocket, giving her what seemed to be an awkward look. He'd clearly picked up on how frustrated she was otherwise he wouldn't have just asked her if she was still staying. "I guess so. If you still want me to" she shrugged, now she was playing him at his own game, to see how he liked it when she started being awkward.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 10:32 AM
Local
Natalie

Apparently there was no obligation for him to talk yet she was still annoyed that he'd barely opened his mouth all night. Maybe he'd embarrassed her, shown her up in front of her friends, in which case he was sorry for that but why should he pretend to be someone he wasn't? It was tiring having to put up an act all the time especially when he really didn't feel like it. At least he'd bothered to come along tonight, the situation could have been a whole lot worse, surely. Zoe told him to forget it but now clearly he couldn't. He was distracted by paying the cab fare for now, but he supposed he should ask her how she felt. Her feelings were important to him and he was afraid that he'd upset her quite a lot lately all because he'd been in this weird mood that he couldn't shake off.

The cab drove away and they were left standing outside his house with some awkward vibes between them. She didn't sound so keen on staying the night with him now so he assumed he must have really pissed her off tonight. Fantastic. He put the key in the door and opened it, switching on the light as he held the door for her. "Of course I want you to. You're always welcome here" he said, putting that point across because he never wanted to make her feel like she wasn't welcome. "But it's not about what I want. I've obviously upset you tonight" he said, looking at her as he shut the door behind them once she was inside. "You told me to forget it. What were you going to say?" he asked, he wasn't sure he really wanted to know but he had a good feeling she was going to tell him he'd been rude and not made an effort with anyone tonight. Well it wouldn't be the first time someone had accused him of that before when it came to being in group situations.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 12:25 PM
Local
Kate

It was six months in to their relationship and they'd not really had a big argument yet, not since they'd officially gotten together anyway. She could sense that one was on it's way though. There were things that needed to be said because if they weren't then she feared he was just going to continue pushing her way. It was impossible to have a relationship when you couldn't even talk to your partner. Yet that was how it felt right now, so they needed to sort this before things really did turn sour between them.

If she was going to stay tonight then she hoped he might actually talk to her because the silence between them was starting to feel awkward. And maybe she wasn't the only one that had noticed after all, he seemed to note the fact that he'd upset her. Well it wasn't that she was upset as such... she was just slightly annoyed and frustrated with him. She followed him inside, trying to avoid eye contact with him because perhaps it was obvious how she was feeling right now. She thought it was somewhat ironic that he asked her what it was she had wanted to say when he was the one that should be talking. She sighed lightly and gave a small shrug of his shoulders. Well, she was going to be honest whether he liked it or not. "I don't know... I just thought that you might have made a bit more effort to at least join in with the conversations tonight" she admitted, he wasn't going to like her saying that. "It felt like you didn't want to be there. If you didn't want to come then you should have just said... I'd have understood" she shrugged, finally bringing her gaze up to meet his. "You barely spoke to me all night" she added, but it wasn't just tonight was it? It had been like this for weeks now and she was really starting to take it personally.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 08:45 AM
Local
Natalie

He'd clearly been so distant tonight that he'd barely even realised just how quiet he'd actually been. Come to think of it, he couldn't even really recall what many of the conversations had actually been about. That was how much he'd been paying attention. It wasn't that he hadn't wanted to, he just still had a lot on his mind and when that happened he seemed to just feel disconnected from everyone. And that was exactly how he'd felt lately. He probably wasn't doing himself any favours by not talking to anyone, but he almost hoped he might just wake up one day and suddenly feel more like himself again. Of course, he wasn't actually stupid enough to think that and he did realise he was going to have to open up to someone sooner or later. And when he did that person would have to be Zoe.

Kieran bit his lip as he watched her, he could see the disappointment written all over her face. He'd let her down and he couldn't go back and change that now. Yet it also annoyed him a bit because she probably thought he was in a mood because he'd been dragged there. That wasn't the case. "Well I'm sorry I'm such a disappointment" he said bluntly, "It was nothing to do with me not wanting to come. I like your friends... I appreciated being invited" he said, that was the truth, though perhaps it may have been best if he'd stayed at home after all. He sighed lightly as he ran a hand over his jaw, he had a feeling none of this was going to end well tonight. He didn't want to talk and yet she wanted to know what the hell was going on with him - he could already tell. "I... have stuff on my mind. I didn't feel like talking" he shrugged, she was never going to just accept that and move on. He didn't really expect her to because if it had been the other way round he'd be wanting to know what was wrong and what he could do to make her feel better.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 10:10 AM
Local
Kate

Zoe fully expected him to snap at her, in fact she was prepared for it. She wasn't deliberately trying to have a go at him, she just really needed to confront this situation before things continued to get worse. "You're not a disappointment" she said quietly, she hadn't wanted to make him feel like that. She wasn't trying to put him down, that was the last thing she was trying to achieve. She just wanted him to be able to open up a bit more and let her in. Because he was just hard work right now. Maybe she could have just left it there, she knew he was an honest guy so she did believe him when he told her that he liked her friends and appreciated being invited. It still didn't mean he'd had to say yes to coming along, she didn't expect him to want to join in with everything all the time.

But there it was again... him insisting he didn't want to talk because he had stuff on his mind. Stuff he was keeping to himself. That upset her a bit and quite honestly only frustrated her further. "Oh yes, of course. The stuff on your mind that you won't talk to me about" she sighed, she might as well say what was on her mind if he wasn't going to. "I'm trying really hard with you, Kieran. I'm being patient. But... I feel like you don't want to talk to me anymore... about anything" she looked over at him, half the time he seemed to be in his own little world completely oblivious to how she might be feeling over all of this. "It's really hard not to take it personally. I... I feel like you're pushing me away" she admitted, her voice becoming a little strained as she looked at him, clearly upset now. "Am I making you unhappy?" she asked, wanting an honest answer. She'd hate to think she was but if she were then she'd rather just know. It would break her, but she valued honesty and didn't want to be stuck in another unhappy relationship that she felt she couldn't get out of.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 11:28 AM
Local
Natalie

Kieran wasn't one for feeling sorry for himself, just like he didn't like others taking pity on him either. Though if he'd disappointed her then he only had himself to blame for it. Maybe things hadn't exactly been great lately, he should have paid her more attention, tried talking about the things that were bothering him rather than just closing himself off. But that was always easier said than done. When it came down to it he just didn't know where to start. There were multiple things on his mind and they both knew what had triggered it, Zoe had been there to witness his mini melt down that day in Hartford. Since then he'd really struggled to open up and the longer he left it, the worse it was getting.

This time he didn't expect her to just carry on and act like everything was fine. They both knew it wasn't. Zoe was a smart woman, she'd picked up long ago that maybe he wasn't alright. What hurt the most was that she was beginning to take it personally, thinking that perhaps she'd done something wrong. He bit down hard on his lip as he looked at her, feeling rather ashamed with himself. He needed to at least make it clear again that this wasn't anything personal against her. "Zoe... please... you need to trust me when I say this isn't anything personal" he said, trying to stay calm but he could sense that she wasn't going to give up until he started talking. But the more she tried to push him, the more anxious he got over it. He took a step towards her, feeling quite upset that she thought she was making him unhappy. He put his hand to her cheek, "No. You're... like this little ray of sunshine in my life" he said with a small smile before his expression changed again and his gaze fell to the ground. "I don't deserve you" he added, taking his hand away from her cheek again and finding himself standing there somewhat awkwardly. "You... want me to talk and I... I'm just not sure that I can" he said quietly, he was a coward and he knew that. But he'd never really had a deep and meaningful relationship with anyone, he'd never had anyone he could confide in and so when he was put in a position where he had the opportunity to do so he just didn't have a clue. And so it became easier to just keep everything to himself. Just like he'd always done.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 01:47 PM
Local
Kate

She hoped he was being honest when he told her it was nothing personal. But it didn't make her feel great knowing that he clearly still felt like he couldn't even talk to her. There had been lots of things she hadn't wanted to talk about but she'd opened her heart to him after he'd encouraged her to do so. And in actual fact, she felt like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders afterwards. It had actually been a relief letting someone in on her deepest, darkest secrets. So she thought it was sad that he couldn't do the same with her. "Okay" she muttered, giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

There was hope yet when he stepped towards her, though how was she to know he wasn't just turning on the charm again? She wanted to believe she knew him better than that. If he was having a hard time then she wanted to think that she was his light in the darkness and one his reasons to keep going. She put her hand on his arm for a second only to realise that his expression had changed. There he went again. Why was it he thought he was so undeserving of her? They'd been there before and it hadn't ended well. "Don't start that again..." she said, suddenly scared that he was going to ditch her on an impulse like he'd done before. Maybe she should just walk out of the door and leave him to it because he clearly wasn't willing to talk. "Fine. You don't want to talk to me. I'm sorry if I make it so hard for you" she stared at him as she blinked back a few tears. "You always made me feel like I could talk to you. I told you things I've never told anyone!" she exclaimed, "If you don't feel you can open up to me then what kind of a relationship do we have?" she shrugged, taking a deep breath. "You refuse to talk to me. The only time you're interested at the moment is if it involves sex... let's be honest" she snapped at him, she might have taken that one step too far but there were certain things that needed to be said and she wasn't going to sit back and be walked all over.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 04:53 AM
Local
Natalie

He could tell what Zoe was thinking. The last time he'd gone into all the reasons why he didn't deserve her had ended very badly with him deciding it was best they didn't see each other anymore. That wasn't the road he was trying to go down now, he considered what they had together to be something quite serious. Hell, he knew he was in love with her. He didn't want to lose her this time. But he felt it was unfair on her when he was in a state like this. She shouldn't have to deal with it or even want to be around him when he was in this mood.

Things went from bad to worse. He hadn't wanted to cause an argument but it was clear that Zoe was upset, she felt like he was pushing her away and understandably he could see why she would take that personally. He knew he could talk to her about anything, but it was still difficult for him. It was difficult to even have a relationship when he barely knew anything about holding down a simple friendship. He knew it was a big issue when he was struggling to communicate with her, so she was right about that. What he didn't approve of was her accusing him of only being interested in the physical side of their relationship. He frowned at her, because he wasn't about to let that one go, "You know... I don't get offended easily, Zoe. But I'm a bit insulted if that's all you think I want you for" he said, glaring at her in a disapproving kind of way. "Sorry I'm such a fucking screw up!" he exclaimed, just when he'd thought she might accept him for the way he was, she went and accused him of something like that. "Sorry for being so fucking shit at talking. Sorry if I'm not fucking good enough for you!" he shouted, although he knew there had been no need for that and he didn't want to scare her. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in an attempt to calm down, but he was quite honestly upset at what she'd implied all because he'd had a hard time talking. He opened his eyes again and peered at her, "I don't open up much. To anyone. But I told you about Carly... you're the only one besides my family that knows about all of that" he said softly in an attempt to not just calm himself down but Zoe as well. Though he feared he'd stepped over the line now. "I need to sit down" he muttered, heading for the living room where he just about collapsed on the couch and put his head in his hands.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 10:20 AM
Local
Kate

Oh no. She could see straight away that she'd said the wrong thing. She wasn't sure she'd really even meant it, but she'd said it in the heat of the moment because she was so damn frustrated with him. She knew their relationship was much more than just sex, it was just at the moment he was barely talking to her and only really seemed enthusiastic if there was a chance of sex happening. "Kieran... I..." she started, she'd been about to apologise but then he went off on one. Oh boy, he wasn't happy. She stood there clutching her purse to her body, feeling a tear slide down her cheek as she watched him. He'd actually lost it hadn't he? "Stop shouting... please!" she exclaimed, her voice still strained as she looked at him. She wanted to talk with him properly, not be shouted at. "You're more than good enough for me. Why is it you can't accept someone might actually like you? Love you, even?" she shrugged, it came down to him being insecure. He wouldn't admit it but she could see right through him.

She had a good mind to just open the door and leave him tonight, she didn't need to be shouted out when all she was doing was trying to help. Because that was what your loved ones were supposed to do. She wiped her tears away and then looked at him again, he'd gone quiet now and she could see he was trying at least to calm down. He did have a point, he obviously trusted her enough to have been able to tell her about Carly in the first place. She appreciated that, she just wished that he would tell her what was bothering him so she could help him through it. He left to go and sit down and she stood there for a moment wondering whether she should just leave or follow him. He seemed to have calmed down a bit so after a few moments she followed him into the living room, sitting down on the couch but leaving plenty of space between them. "I didn't really mean what I said. I'm sorry I offended you" she apologised. "I'm just worried about you... we both know you've not been yourself since... since that day in Hartford" she bit her lip, it had been when he'd spotted Carly and then had some weird breakdown. "You won't talk to me about it. Seeing her... did it... I don't know... make you realise you have feelings for her?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. It was one possibility, she'd been with her boyfriend at the time so maybe it had made him jealous. She was the mother of his child at the end of the day, perhaps he hoped things might have turned out differently. As hard as it was, she could probably understand that.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 12:54 PM
Local
Natalie

There had been no need to shout at her, but he'd been annoyed by that comment from her. Ugh, after everything he'd done for her, he really hated to think that she thought he was only after one thing. He'd done the whole casual sex thing in the past, what he had with Zoe was far from being just sex. But he also realised that for a relationship to work there needed to be good communication. That was something he was crap at, but he could only try his best. Though it seemed his best wasn't good enough. She was still going to try and make him talk and eventually he would have to give in. His eyes widened when she told him to stop shouting, as if he realised what he'd just done. He hadn't meant to scare her, after the shit she'd been through with her ex, the last thing he wanted to do was frighten her or intimidate her in any way. Instead he shrugged his shoulders, maybe he did have a hard time accepting that there were people who genuinely liked and cared about him. "I don't know. Probably because the majority of people did nothing but put me down my whole fucking life" he murmured, he wasn't looking for sympathy and didn't want it from her so if she started trying to do that he'd probably just snap again.

He did need to calm down before he ended up getting even more frustrated and upset Zoe again. It wasn't fair to be taking this out on her when he could see she was just concerned. He wasn't surprised when she soon joined him in the living room, sitting down beside him. Although he'd have understood if she'd wanted to leave and slam the door behind her on the way out, that was probably what he deserved right now. He ran a hand over his jaw as she apologised for what she'd said, he could only hope she meant that. He really didn't want to have to bring Carly up, but this was how everything had started. He knew he was going to have to say something. Though he frowned at Zoe... what... she thought he might possibly have feelings for Carly?! "Are you kidding me?!" he said, shaking his head. "Everything she put me through and you think I might have feelings for her? No. Come on, Zoe, you're smarter than that" he said, if she was jealous in any way then there was really no need. He sighed again, fiddling with the strap on his watch, he would have thought it was obvious why he'd been so afraid that Carly might have seen them that day. Unless he really was overthinking things too much and worrying about something that most likely wouldn't happen anyway.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 07:40 AM
Local
Kate

It was obvious where his insecurities came from. Being bullied had clearly had some effect on him later in life and as a result he found it hard to have relationships. Maybe it was a trust thing. She could understand that. What was embarrassing was knowing that her brother had been part of the problem. Of course, as Kieran had told her before, she wasn't responsible for her brother's actions, yet why was it she felt some kind of guilt? She shouldn't do really, she was a completely different person to Matthew. And anyway, she got the impression there were other reasons Kieran was feeling this way. It was just hard knowing what to say at a time like this, trying to show any kind of sympathy towards him never went down well and she didn't appreciate being snapped at for just trying to help. Sometimes it was best to not say anything, not until he'd calmed down at least.

She wondered if Kieran actually wanted her to just leave, he'd probably be relieved if she did because then he wouldn't have to talk. She could see he was obviously having a rough time and rather than walk away she wanted to at least try and be supportive. Because that was what she was supposed to do, what kind of girlfriend would she be if she just walked away? She wasn't giving up on him. Though it seemed she'd said the wrong thing again, but at least he admitted it was nothing to do with him having feelings for Carly. She bit her lip as she watched him, why couldn't he just tell her what he was worried about rather than keeping her guessing? He always did this and it was so frustrating. "Well if you don't tell me what the problem is then how am I supposed to know? You might think I'm smart but I can't read your mind, Kieran" she sighed, well it would be interesting if she could. Then again she wasn't sure she really wanted to know what went through his mind. She hesitated for a moment, she probably knew what this was really about. "I think... you saw her and you panicked. I'm ninety nine percent sure she didn't see you... or Grace.... but now you're worried. Worried she'll come back" she said, that had to be it, surely. Unless there was more to it than that and Kieran was hiding it from her. "She's not... been in contact with you has she?" she asked, maybe that was it and that was why he was acting so weirdly lately. Either that or he was just super paranoid about it.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll