February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

The weather has gotten bad, really bad. Hurricane Caroline is sweeping over Lochland Grove. Stay indoors and away from windows.

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

An emergency paper has been put out! Lochland Grove is out of power, but some residents are already turning their attention to those worse off.

Bachelor Auction Sign-Ups!
Check it out Here?

The annual Charity Ball is approaching and with it comes the Bachelor Auction!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

June 16th
The Times has put out an
Emergency Paper

June 15th
Oh oh, This can't be good

June 14th
Have you turned your FM Radio to
106.3 The Bounce?

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Some Time In The Lounge, Tag: Basil Kaya
Grace Miller
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 07:53 PM
Newcomer
Shade

Grace loved her job. She loved working with the children. Most of the time, the days went great and she and the kids had a lot of fun. However, a little break never hurt, and Grace had to admit that the planning period was a nice respite and a chance to get some things prepared for the rest of the week. It was also a nice time to get a cup of coffee in the Teacher's Lounge.

Grace stepped into the lounge and made her way to the coffee maker. Someone had started a fresh pot already, and she poured some in her "A-Plus Teacher" coffee cup that a student had gotten her before Christmas break. She took a sip and then sat down on the couch, placing down her paper work.

"Okay, so the kids want to do Peter Pan for the class play," she said to herself. "So this week I could order the costumes, and then kids can work on the paper hats for the Lost Boys tomorrow, probably after the spelling test. Should get that out of the way." She then looked around to see that she was indeed talking to herself. She blushed a bit, took another sip, then looked over her work in silence.
PM
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 02:54 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Dear Journal,

The holidays have passed and I’m home again. Going to visit family was rather, for lack of a better word, uplifting. I won’t say that by any stretch of the imagination I’m cured of my feelings. Rather, I feel more functional. It’s been several years since I made that hike from Alabama to Louisiana. It was one of the hardest parts of my life, but the way it made me feel after was similar to seeing my mother’s face. For a little while I could forget I was losing myself. Now that I’m back to work I intend to focus on the task at hand. It’s a beautiful Wednesday and I am enjoying the solace of the teacher’s lounge bef-

Basil’s Pen stopped moving as he heard the door open and watched a woman wander to the coffee brewer. The large pot was almost full, compliments of his diligence. He wanted fresh coffee and he made fresh coffee. His own mug was untouched, but the aroma lent itself to his senses in the best way possible. The man usually grabbed a cup full then escaped back to his classroom. He had been more social once. The only reason he was still in the lounge now was because he had been the only person there.

Did you get suckered into directing the first grade class play this year?” He was mildly amused. Kindergarten usually only had the kids doing songs in their own rooms for their parents. ”Honestly, I couldn’t keep up with it if I tried. He hesitated a moment then added... ”If you’d like a suggestion.. instead of ordering costumes on class money you could probably ask parents to create the costumes. There are plenty of references and in many cases it would just be taking clothes that don’t match and implementing them in creative ways. That way you would only need to send home a letter with each student and could concentrate on organizing the musical numbers.” Always practical. He couldn’t help it. ”Heh... “ Perhaps he shouldn’t have been so foreward. Everyone had their own way of doing things. "Feel free to ignore the advice. My feelings won’t be hurt.”

He picked up his coffee, taking a sip and wishing he’d put more creamer. 3 should have been enough. It was flavored so he hadn’t added sugar. Maybe that was it, more sugar? ”The Kindergarten is just doing a meet and greet for the parents with a few songs and time to explore the classroom. I wouldn’t say it is low stress, but I do feel a little lucky that is all I have to worry about.” Honestly open houses were hard enough without trying to put on an entertaining play. He usually found himself cornered somewhere with an overly talkative parent and nowhere to run... but at least he wasn’t going to put on a show for them to criticize first.

--------------------
PM
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 03:41 PM
Newcomer
Shade

Someone did hear Grace, which sort of made her blush a bit more... especially because it was one Basil Kaya. Granted, she strictly saw Basil as a colleague, but he was a handsome one, and so she blushed. Grace smiled at his suggestions.

"Oh, I wouldn't ignore them at all," she said. "They're really good suggestions. I might look into that. Thank you, Basil." They were really good suggestions, and the costume company's prices were abit steep. She thought of some things she could use the budget money for other projects throughout the year. "I'll talk to some of the parents and see what can be done."

Grace chuckled as Basil spoke of what his class was doing. Sometimes she wondered if teaching Kindergarten might be a bit easier, but she loved her class, and she remembered that she chose the First Grade for a reason. It was a big stepping stone for children academically. It was a nice challenge.

"I wouldn't say I'm worried about the play," she said. "I mean, it's a great chance for the kids to use their imaginations, and learning their lines helps their memory skills. And it's a great play to do. I'm really glad I picked it." She then chuckled again. "Well that's enough about me. How are things?"
PM
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 11:08 PM
Newcomer
Kat

He gently shut his journal and settled it on his thigh, laying a hand gently ontop of it. Basil could see that he’d accidentally tripped and fallen into a conversation. It wasn’t a problem, but he savored his quiet time. Grace’s presence shouldn’t have been much of a surprise. He’d spoken to her once or twice in the past, and their class schedules tended to overlap at recess and meal time. "Well that's enough about me. How are things?" Ah, the old switcheroo. ”Good good. None of my clothes are stained with paint and i’ve managed to smell like grape marker instead of licorice. A noble victory.” Humor was a skill as a Kindergarten teacher. He valued it above everything but his will to survive.

”How..” What was he supposed to say now?

”uh.. How was your Holidays? New Years fun?” He was certain he hadn’t seen her since November. He’d taken breaks to sit by himself and regain sanity. Basil hated to admit it, but he wasn’t in the best place. ”I visited family and enjoyed getting to see everyone.” all of his sisters were ahead of him in the family game. He’d awkwardly spent time with his young nieces and nephews with a tiny pang of envy. ”Great time. I escaped with most of my sanity intact. That’s a win in itself.” His smile was warm, brows lifting in a mildly uncomfortable expression.

--------------------
PM
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 07:16 PM
Newcomer
Shade

Grace chuckled when Basil said that he wasn't stained with paint and smelled like grape marker and not licorice. Being only one grade up from him, she very much understood that.

"I know what you mean," she said. "I'm glad I'm not washing glue or modeling clay off my hands just yet."

Grace shrugged a little about her holidays. She wish she had something fascinating to say, but they were pretty mild. She took a deep breath and just went with the truth.

"Oh, typical holiday fun," she said. "Hannah and I went to a Christmas party some co-workers threw, and of course we woke up early Christmas morning so that we could open presents, mostly Hannah of course. Oh, and we could see the fireworks from our house on New Year's Eve. I couldn't believe Hannah stayed away for them." She then frowned a bit upon hearing about family, as she thought about the family who kicked her out for being pregnant with Hannah. She quickly smiled though, not wanting to give Basil the impression that he was envious of him with his own family.

"Well I hope it wasn't too taxing on you," she said. She then thought of something to change the subject. "So, any big plans for Spring Break in a few months? I'm taking Hannah to Disney World. I feel like she'll be old enough to enjoy it now."
PM
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 02:30 AM
Newcomer
Kat

He had no idea who Hannah was, but smiled anyway. His head bobbed warmly without hesitation, listening to what Grace had to say about her Christmas and New Years without interruption. Context indicated she was talking about a little girl. "Well I hope it wasn't too taxing on you," His holidays? ”Well I made it out alive. My siblings are a very animated group of people. All women, all well meaning. I’m the only boy. “ He looked down at his journal momentarily, running his thumb over the click red leather cover with quiet affection. ”It’s.. been a good experience, i’m grateful.” That was all he had to say on the subject.

"So, any big plans for Spring Break in a few months? I'm taking Hannah to Disney World. I feel like she'll be old enough to enjoy it now." Spring Break!? He laughed, running his hands over his face then shaking his head. ”Ehehe no. I dont have plans unless you mean lesson plans. Those I have until the end of the year. Other than that I’m living about one week to the next.” He admitted with only minor disappointment. ”I enjoy planning so it’s a bit unusual for me, but I’m trying to live a little more spontaneously. This summer I’m hoping to take a long walk. Maybe hike several hundred miles. It all depends on what is going on by then. I’m not good at nature, but I wouldn’t mind visiting towns and places. It could be fun.” his brow wrinkled, trying to not shrug. ”I admit it isn’t as glamorous as Disney. I’m sure Hannah will enjoy it.” He knew he would, but he cut off the many pipe dreams that flourished in his head for reality. A very.. serious reality.

Clearing his throat, he leaned down to slide his journal back into the soft book bag he used for work. He’d thought of getting himself a briefcase, but couldn’t afford something that nice. ”I suppose it is silly to think so far ahead. We have a full half a school year to go yet. “

--------------------
PM
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 03:43 PM
Newcomer
Shade

Grace chuckled a bit about Basil making it out alive. He sounded like he came from a wild bunch. Her family was definitely not like that, even the cousins her own age. None of their parents would let them be.

"Well, seems like you have a wonderful family," she said. "Always got to cherish the memories with those we love." She was glad Basil seemed to drop the subject there. The less she talked about families, the better.

Grace understood living one week to the next. Life was full of surprises every day. She could also understand him holding out until later on to have non-school plans. Even with a week off like Spring Break, not everyone could go on an actual vacation.

"Hiking sounds nice though," she said. "I do enjoy the idea of being out among nature. I haven't taken Hannah hiking or camping yet, but we do go on nature walks. I tell her about the plants and animals we see. She's big on butterflies. She sees one, and she's after it."

Grace sighed about thinking so far ahead. Maybe Basil was right.

"Oh, I'm certainly focused on the here and now," she said. "Aside from this play, I've been working out the lesson plans for next month already."
PM
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 03:06 AM
Newcomer
Kat

The delights of a long walk seemed so tempting. Basil knew there had been hardships when he’d left Alabama, but now he saw it all with rose tinted lenses. Lenses he was well aware of. In anycase he still had half a semester to arrange just what he needed to do for his own sanity. "Hiking sounds nice though.” He certainly agreed. ” I do enjoy the idea of being out among nature. I haven't taken Hannah hiking or camping yet, but we do go on nature walks. I tell her about the plants and animals we see. She's big on butterflies. She sees one, and she's after it." Hannah must be young. ”Ah, well spring will be here soon enough.” He tried to focus on their conversation and let go of the silly fantasies starting to brew in his head.
Well.. there was still a half a year of school to go.

Honestly he hadn’t expected to say anymore. He sunk into his chair figuring the awkward teachers lounge conversation was over. Oh, I'm certainly focused on the here and now. Aside from this play, I've been working out the lesson plans for next month already." He chuckled, folding his hands in his lap and leaning shifting in his seat to do the exact opposite of what he had just done. ”Well, that’s great. The best thing about having a few years experience is the number of lesson plans you have. Less creating and more organizing. I’m honestly thinking of digitizing all of my work. Recording it somewhere safe? I’ve always preferred pencil to paper so it would be a very hard change for me.” He admitted. ”It’s very.. hmm.. organic? I suppose? Writing verses typing and printing?” Everyone had their short comings.

Hearing the bell ring he got to his feet and cleared his throat. ’I’m terribly sorry, but I need to go see the kids line up.” The world would continue to spin, but if a teacher wasn’t there it would not gaurentee that tiny humans would stand in any kind of line on their own.

--------------------
PM
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 07:09 PM
Newcomer
Shade

(Wrap up for Grace)

Grace smiled about pencils to printing.

"I prefer that method as well," she said.

The bell then rang, and Grace rose as well.

"Yes, I need to do the same," she said. "Nice talking with you as always, Basil." Once Basil was out of her view, she took a deep breath. She wondered if the convo was as awkward for him as it was for her.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll