February 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Loves is in the air and Lovematch.com is back to spread it around. If you are curious what to do this Valentine's Day then look no further than the front page of The Lochland Times.

Craziness continues through the town. Some is funny, some is political and some is just plain weird.

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

The Ice Festival

Beautiful buildings and sculptures made of ice glowing under a halo of fireworks? What a beautiful place for a Valentines Day Date.

Ice Skating Rink

The ice skating rink from last year has returned. Ice Cream Dream will be selling hot drinks at the door. When you get cold why not stop for a treat?

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

February 14th
New Announcements!

February 10th
A new newspaper is (Up!)

February 8th
The Activity Check and Birthday Hunt are over.

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Summit of Summer, Tag: Riley Bennett
Riley Bennett
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 01:22 PM
Local
Mandi

She had been oblivious to him staring at her backside as she bent over, too preoccupied prepping the fire for dinner. Which for him, was probably a good thing considering. It most likely would not have ended well for him if she noticed. But luckily for him, she didn’t. It took probably another five minutes or so for her to get the fire going and get the grill all setup and placed properly over the flame.

It wasn’t long after that Dorian came over with some of the food and cookware they were going to be using. She honestly couldn’t even remember what all they had packed for food, but she was fine with basically anything. She wasn’t an extremely picky eater, and at this point she was running on empty after the hard workout of climbing up the mountain side and would eat whatever he brought.

Once the food was on the grill, she figured it would take a couple minutes for it to heat up. So, she took advantage of one of the logs that was a few feet behind her and sat down; propping herself with her hands on either side of her and extended her slender legs out. She watched as Dor idly picked up and tossed a few of the hot rocks back into the fire pit, not being able to help but think that it was kind of dumb. He could easily burn himself if he wasn’t careful. She didn’t say anything though and just sat peacefully on her log for a few more seconds.

She got up from her spot and went back over to the fire pit, grabbing one of the cooking utensils they brought with them and moved the food around, not wanting any of it to burn. Vaguely comprehended the sounds of him rummaging in his bag and the sound of glass clinking lightly together. Hearing Dorian’s voice is what grabbed her attention though. Crystal blue eyes shifted to look to her side at him. When he offered her one of the bottles, she stopped what she was doing and stepped a bit closer to him. "Do a shot with me, we conquered the cliff and escaped possible death or disfigurement." Wasn’t that the fucking truth! They definitely deserved a shot or two after that, didn’t they? Smirking when he wiggled the bottle towards her, she shook her head slightly, and a soft laugh escaped passed her lips as she took the tiny bottle between her fingers as he spoke the next part of his comment. "Come on. I promise I won't let you wobble off the cliff, you know, if you're a super light weight,"

Hearing that her mouth dropped open slightly, in mock offense. But there was a smile behind it, and you could tell she wasn’t truly offended by the glint in her eyes. ”I am not that much of a light weight, come on now.” she defended herself, a soft chuckle following her words. It wasn’t a bad idea, and some alcohol would help lighten the mood.

It was true she was petite so it didn’t take as much alcohol to get her feeling good as it did probably for him, but she wouldn’t be stumbling over the side of the cliff if these two tiny bottles were all he had. She may have a slight buzz afterwards, but that all depended on what exactly was in them. ”Alright alright, since you’re twisting my arm…” she trailed off, a toothy grin parted her lips as she teased him in return. Slowly slipping back into their natural teasing, flirty, banter. She could never stay mad at him, or anyone really for very long. Unless it was for something really bad. Even then, she tended to forgive what it was in due time. ”So, am I allowed to know what it is we’re drinking?” she asked curiously, extending the bottle back out to him so he could open it for her.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Dorien Spade
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 09:19 PM
Local
Riva

”I am not that much of a light weight, come on now.” Dorien grinned softly, "Uh-huh." Well, lighter weight than him at least. But it wasn't like he was planning on getting her drunk up here, for safety reasons and because he was a stand up guy, but also because he didn't have the means to do so. Okay, so probably mostly because he didn't have the means to do so, because he would have totally loved to have seen Riley drunk off her rocks and teased her for it. But that's where the line would have been drawn. He did have limits he knew not to push. ”Alright alright, since you’re twisting my arm…” "Oh I'm good at twisting arms," He passed the bottle over and shamelessly added, "And pulling hair and slapping asses, too, in case you know anyone interested." Mhm. Because sometimes he just didn't have a filter. But as the bottle was passed back to be opened, Dorien twisted the top and returned it to Riley, turning from the bag to settle down in front of the fire again. ”So, am I allowed to know what it is we’re drinking?”

Dorien looked down at his own little bottle, "Tequila." Because what else would he be drinking? He twisted the cap on his own and took a short swig of it, then looked down at the bottle as he swallowed, taking a deep breath after,"Yup that's Tequila." The fire crackled and the food began to sizzle, enough so that Dorien set his drink aside and leaned forward to take the food off the grill, diving it up into the tin cups brought for eating in. One was passed to Riley. It hadn't taken long for the food to cook considering it had been prepared in advance.

--------------------
PM
^
Riley Bennett
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:30 PM
Local
Mandi

”Uh-huh.” It was obvious that Dorian didn’t believe Riley that she wasn’t that much of a lightweight, and that was fine, she’d just have to prove him wrong. Two shots shouldn’t do too much damage. Or perhaps his suspicions would be the one that was proven correct. They would just have to see, wouldn’t they?

Though, she was honestly kind of relieved he didn’t have the amount of alcohol to get her shit faced, being on the side of a mountain and all. Maybe it would happen for her birthday… That all depended on what she ended up doing for her birthday. Again, they would have to see.

Ultimately, she ended up agreeing to take a couple shots with him but not without teasing a little bit first. Of course, he fired back. The comment he chose didn’t surprise her, but was unexpected all at the same time. The blatancy causing her to laugh wholeheartedly. ”Oh Jesus. Of course, you’d say that.” she said, shaking her head. ”I’ll be sure to keep that in mind.” she added still smiling.

After a moment or two she looked down at the mini bottle in her hand, and then back over at Dor before asking if she was allowed to know what is in it. "Tequila.” Oh boy. If that was what they were drinking, she would probably be feeling it after two shots. She watched as he taste tested it and confirmed it was indeed tequila. ”Well then, I may be slightly buzzed after this. So you better stay good on your promise.” she stirred back and corrected her earlier assumption with a soft chuckle following her words as she handed him the bottle back so he could open it for her. Tequila could fuuuck her up fast if she wasn’t careful. She still shouldn’t be tumbling over the cliff side though just off two shots.

Hopefully with some food in her system though, it wouldn’t be too bad. She took the bottle of alcohol back when he offered it and casually watched as he then started to dish out their food. Taking her bowl when it was offered and went to sit back down on one of the logs. ”You didn’t poison this when I wasn’t looking, did you?” she joked, playfully eyeing her bowl and then him. Though, if anyone had the opportunity to poison the food, it would have more likely been her when his back was turned getting the alcohol out of his bag.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Dorien Spade
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 11:43 PM
Local
Riva

It was nice to be able to slip back into their familiar back and forth. He preferred it to the awkwardness between them. Fuck. He should have kissed her on the side of that damn cliff. Too late now! ”Well then, I may be slightly buzzed after this. So you better stay good on your promise.” "Sweet heart I'm always good on my promises." Well for the most part. Occasionally there were some he couldn't fulfill just because of the fact that life happened. But usually he did. And he wasn't about to let Riley go walking off the side of a cliff. Even if they'd hated one another Dorien didn't think he could let her do that. He looked back to her for a moment when she'd taken the first shot, smirked, and then went back to doing what he had been before.

After he had sat back with his tin bowl in hand and passed Riley her's, she accused him of poisoning the food which caused him to laugh a little, "What? Me? Never." He took a bite himself, "That's more Filly's style. Mean, he does it by sheer accident and lack of cooking skill but still." He could never resist a jab at his younger brother. Even if Colton wasn't there to defend himself, Dorien was gunna jab. He shifted back, putting his legs out in front of him and leaning on one elbow as he ate, reclined and about as comfortable as one could get on a rocky bed. "Poor guy could burn water." He grinned, taking another bite and following it with a short swig from the bottle.

--------------------
PM
^
Riley Bennett
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 01:10 PM
Local
Mandi

Riley was all too happy to slip back into their normal routine, which luckily didn’t seem to be that hard. She was still probably going to be thinking about how he should have just kissed her regardless, but she could let it sit on a back burner in her mind. She didn’t want to let it ruin the rest of their trip; after all, he hadn’t kissed her because he was trying to be a gentleman, so she could forgive him for that.

Upon Dorian’s confirmation that it was in fact tequila that they were about to be drinking, she teased him about how he better keep his promise to not let her go wandering off the side of the mountain. ”Sweetheart I'm always good on my promises." Hearing his reassuring response, she smirked and took the now open miniature bottle of alcohol back when he offered it. ”You better,” she said, giving him a playfully stern look before she took a drink, probably only about half a shot worth. She let out a rough sigh as the liquor hit the back of her throat and slide down.

When the food was ready, she took the bowl that was for her when he handed it over and went to sit down on the log she had previously been occupying. Jokingly, she asked him if he poisoned the food, waiting for his answer before taking a bite herself. He denied it and took a bite so she figured it was safe. "That's more Filly's style. Mean, he does it by sheer accident and lack of cooking skill but still. Poor guy could burn water." Hearing his jab at his brother Riles couldn’t help but snicker. She loved her best friend, but it was true. He probably could burn water. ”Hey now, he tries.” she tried to keep a straight face as she defended him since he couldn’t do it for himself, but it didn’t last long before she was snickering all over again. She took another bite, and followed suit when he took a drink off his bottle, she took one of hers. Another harsh breath passed over her lips once she swallowed. ”God, that stuff never goes down easy.” she commented shaking her head a bit, but was smiling nonetheless.

”Speaking of burning things though, I distinctly remember one time when I came over in high school and you burned something in the microwave and it smelled horrendous!” she playfully jabbed at him now, soft chuckles laced her words. ”What was it again? Popcorn, I think?” Burnt popcorn always smelt awful. She nodded, playing the scene back in her mind. ”Yeah I’m pretty sure that was it. You went to make some cause we were gonna watch a movie.” she concluded, an amused smile parting her lips as she watched him for his reaction before she took another bite of food. ”You didn’t pack any for this trip, did you?” she teased him further, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Dorien Spade
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 12:14 AM
Local
Riva

”Hey now, he tries.” Oh bless him. He really did. It was so sad. Dorien only smirked more and looked back to his meal giving a bob of his head with a silent chuckle. ”God, that stuff never goes down easy.” With his spork poised before his lips, Dorien choked back a comment and only let a loud chuckle escape as he looked up and towards Riley, grinning. God. No. He couldn't. But 'that's what she said. ' He readied to take another bite but when Riley spoke again, he gave a sharp bark of a laugh and lowered his bowl and spork, shoulders relaxing, "Oh, god. Yeah, mannn." He chuckled, shaking his head as he finally took the last bite of his food--- he had practically inahled it-- and set the tin down as he slapped his hands together, chewing and swallowing before he spoke. "Mm!"

"You know, there is a story to that."
He pointed at Riley, then brushed off his knees and then his shins, "Alright, so, you were coming over for movies and stuff and- heh, well just before this Filly 'n me'd smoked up in the bathroom. Which wouldn't have been this big deal if freaking Benny hadn't closed the damn vent in the bathroom for some reason. Anyway. The entire fucking house smelt like pot after we opened that door." He sat up as he told his story and leaned over to his bag, pulling it over as he went on, "Filly was all worked up about something. Probably you, but don't tell him I said that. Anyway, like it wouldn't have even been another big deal because remember how we'd said Mama and Dad were out that night, like town? Yeah." He leaned back and unzipped his backpack, looking fondly skyward as he went on, "I'd just got a call from Abel, saying he over heard our mothers on the phone." Abel had been supposed to sneak out and come over for movie night- but, well, clearly he couldn't once he found out Mama Spade was going to be home. Mama would rat that boy out to her best friend (his mother) faster than a millionaire could eat a cocktail weenie. He looked back to Riley and held up a pan-shaped popcorn tin, grinning, "Well if dad had come home and smelt the house like that? We'd probably get our asses beat and piss tested." Not that Jacob hadn't done that to Dorien a number of times in his life--- and did he ever learn? No. He didn't.

"So I put pop corn in the microwave in Benny's room, I put some in the upstairs game room, and then ran downstairs to pop some in the kitchen. That stench kills out anything else in the air." His attention shifted to the popcorn tin as he peeled the paper label off the top. "Anyway, ended up I set the one on the second floor to like five minutes or some crap. Probably lucky I didn't like, fucking burn the house down or something."

He held the popcorn tin out towards Riley with a grin and gave it a shake, "And that, Riley, is why we had two bags worth of good popcorn, even though the house stunk for days, and is also why Filly crashed so hard on the couch."

--------------------
PM
^
Riley Bennett
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 08:48 PM
Local
Mandi

Before Riles brought up the burnt popcorn incident, she took a sip of the alcohol from her bottle. Letting out a harsh sigh as it hit the back of her throat, commenting on the fact that tequila never went down easy which got an abrupt laugh out of Dorien. Knowing Dor, he probably had turned the remark into some sexual innuendo which was why it was so funny. She was honestly surprised when he didn’t say his thought out loud.

When she did bring up the burnt popcorn, another loud chuckle escaped from Dorien’s lips which got a smile from her. He quickly finished chewing his last bite and pointed at her enthusiastically. Oh boy. Apparently there was some untold story behind the whole ordeal that she was unaware of as of yet. This got a curiously raised brow from her, and a muffled, ”Oh?” as she finished her own bite of food, covering her mouth with her hand loosely. This should be good.

She listened as Dor told her about how just before she came over that night, he and Colt had just finished (unintentionally) hotboxing the bathroom. Because his brother had been worked up over something - more than likely the fact that she was coming over but she wasn’t suppose to tell him that she now knew this. Wait, what? A shocked expression crossed her face for a couple seconds at this revelation and she had to swallow quickly to keep herself from choking on her food. Did Colton have a thing for her back in high school? Well that was certainly news to her. He never acted on it so she had no idea. She was kind of an oblivious teenage when it came to that sort of thing though... Actually, she could still be kind of oblivious to that sort of thing now… What currently was grabbing her attention though was Dorien riffling around in his backpack. What was he rummaging around for now?!

She was still listening. "Well if dad had come home and smelt the house like that? We'd probably get our asses beat and piss tested." She was connecting the dots. ”Don’t tell me…” She voiced, her comment half referring to the popcorn he was just about to reveal but it also worked for his story progression as well.

Anyways the point of the story was, the two brother had gotten high and Dorien popped not one, but three bags of popcorn in the house to mask the smell, burning one. A laugh passed over her lips at how ridiculous the whole thing was. ”Oh man. You are so lucky you didn’t burn the house down.” she agreed with his earlier realization. She then took the last bite of her food, and rested the bowl on her knee. Blue eyes met his as he shook the popcorn tin in his hand towards her and she smirked at him. ”Why am I not surprised you brought this?” She playfully pretended to debate for a moment, ”Since it’s pre-popped I guess it’s safe to have some.” she teased, reaching in with her right hand and grabbing a small handful.

Plopping the pieces into her mouth, she placed her hands on her knees and propelled herself up off the log. Dusting her legs off, she then stepped over and bent over to grab his empty food dish off the ground before taking his and hers to the nearby trash can. Walking back over to where he was still sitting with the popcorn she stopped in front of him and took another few pieces from the tin and ate them one at a time, her crystal blue optics looking off into the distance. The sun was starting to set now, which meant they probably only had about thirty minutes of daylight left. Shit, how had time passed so quickly?! She still wanted to rinse off before they went to bed.

Coming back from her mini zone-out, she looked back down at Dorien. ”So, when I was out collecting the wood, I noticed a river a little ways in that direction,” she pointed to show him before continuing, ”I wanna go rinse off after today’s climb and just kind of relax for a minute. Will you come with me?” she asked him, and there may have been a bit of a pout on her lips. ”I don’t wanna go alone. There may be bears or something.” It was a legit reason and fear, but she wouldn’t pass up the chance to see him shirtless either.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll