February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG
November 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Choose your own Adventure!
What happens next? Vote Here

Kat and Jaya wake up in Lochland Grove after some mischievous spirits get a hold of the latest copy of The Lochland Times. Site work is never done!

This Episode: Missing: lost Kat. Jaya may have spotted her, but there is a suspicious ghost running away. Should she chase the ghost or go wrangle her friend?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other.

Canned Food Drive!
Thanksgiving is coming. Bring food to Town Hall, and help the less fortunate. Coats, hats, and scarves are also welcome.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

December 5th
Decision 7, Woo!

December 1st
No Activity Check! Happy Holidays!

November 19th
Decision 6 is up!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Calendar
Jaya
 Posted: Mar 16 2016, 09:17 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

I just wanted to try to make a Lochland calendar. The only events that stuck out to me for March were the AC and birthdays. There are real life Holidays of course, but I didn't want to clutter it with non-site related things. Anyway, its a thing, I didn't have a reason, but I felt like it.

March

Wick: Birthday reminder three days prior.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Mandi
 Posted: Mar 17 2016, 09:19 AM
Mandi

I like this idea a lot! smile.gif

When there are on-site events or temp forums you could also list them as well!

--------------------
PMEmailAIM
^
Wick
 Posted: Mar 17 2016, 11:23 AM
Wick

As one of the players who often forgets their character's birthday or age, I think this is a great idea. Plus, I think it prompts more writing as birthday's make for great excuses for a thread.

Were you thinking of different symbols for the different sorts of noted on the calendar? ...like the balloons for B-days, and another symbol for a big board wide thread? Having visual queues might be good.

Now if you could just set a reminder to pop up a couple days ahead to remind me my character's birthday is coming, that's be the bee's knees.

Over all, good idea. I'm all for it.
PM
^
Jaya
 Posted: Mar 17 2016, 01:37 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

The idea was to put in more events, yes. I can only have 50 items per set on Polyvore, the base calendar without information would be 3 or 4, and with symbols on the calendar and a symbol key to the side, and then the actual events... it would allow for about 20 events or so, which seems like it won't be a problem. Our biggest birthday month is actually presently March, so anything else would have less, and even March is fine. Then the handful of anything else we might like a reminder or just bookmark for would be easy. If not, I can fix that anyway.

Weird numbers and such aside, summary. I would like to put in more things. If anyone has a suggestion, or if I get dates for site events, I can put them in and edit this. I believe the image here will change along with that, if not I can just fix the link. If someone, or just Wick, wants a reminder about birthdays, I can do that, it would take less than a minute, so sure. Its just an unofficial side project, but that also leaves it open to more input from the people who like it.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Tea
 Posted: Mar 18 2016, 05:06 PM

I'm with Wick. I'm really prone to forgetting my character's birthdays, so having them listed somewhere or a pop-up on the day would be awesome.

Though, I know Nate's birthday he's turning 37. He wishes he was turning 29. ;)

It's be really nice for site events, too. It'd make it so much easier to work out in-character timelines.
^
Jaya
 Posted: Mar 19 2016, 09:10 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

Okie. I made a note from what you said, as far as Wick and Tea wanting birthday reminders. I'll put them in my personal files for when I actually update the ages so I know to remind you in advance, or on a day based on what you both said.

And if you guys have any IC events, like something that could be posted in the personal ads, or an open thread or whatever, those would be something I could put on this. Basically anything you'd like represented as part of the timeline. I'm still trying to feel out plans and ideally be able to have things up in advance when I know.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jaya
 Posted: Apr 1 2016, 06:51 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

April

And one for April.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jaya
 Posted: May 3 2016, 11:05 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

March

A little bit later than intended, but here is a Calendar for May

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jaya
 Posted: Jun 4 2016, 03:00 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

June

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jaya
 Posted: Jul 2 2016, 04:06 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

July

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jaya
 Posted: Aug 20 2016, 12:31 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jaya
 Posted: Sep 19 2016, 05:28 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jaya
 Posted: Oct 4 2016, 02:01 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

October 2016: Lochland Calendar

Extended events:
Each Friday and Saturday night in October Plum Street Cinema is hosting scary movie viewings at midnight to get everyone in the spooky spirit.
Saturday the 1st:
Friday+Saturday the 7th and 8th: Pet Semetary (1989) + Scream (1996)
Friday+Saturday the 14th and 15th: Carrie (1976) + Valentine (2001)
Friday+ Saturday the 21st and 22nd: Psycho (1960) + The Birds (1963)
Friday+Saturday the 28th and 29th: The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer (2003) + Rose Red (2002)

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jaya
 Posted: Nov 2 2016, 04:28 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jaya
 Posted: Dec 10 2016, 08:08 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

December 2016: Lochland Grove Calendar

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll