PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

August 8th
The Activity Check is over!

August 1st
Activity Check Time!

July 29th
July Announcements!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

The Lochland Times, Edition 30
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 03:35 AM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
No. 30Lochland's Most Reliable NewsFebruary 2018
Hearts, Cards, and Chocolate: Valentine’s Day is Here
Lochland Special Report
February 14th is almost here. Whether you love to participate or love the after-holiday chocolate, there is a little something for everyone this Valentine’s Day. This year the Lochland Times has partnered with their our friends at Lovematch.com to help you find just what you are looking for.

NOT FOR EVERYONE

Valentine’s Day is not for everyone, but why not take advantage of all the fun things it can offer? You could stay home and watch holiday movies, eat holiday treats, or take advantage of those holiday flower sales to send a nice bouquet to someone you care about. Want to go out? Here are a few holiday activities to take advantage of.

The Old Rose: Comedy Show
Back from last year, the show showcases a line up of local talent out to roast Valentine’s Day in the best way possible. Grab a drink at the bar and enjoy.

Show Times:
- Happy Hour 4p.m. - 6p.m.
-Evening 6:30- 8:30
-Late Night 9:00 - 11:30

Gertie's Cafe: Trivia Night
Bring some friends and sit down to test your trivia skills.

- Good food
-Drink specials
-Music!
- Prizes!!

HAVE A VALENTINE?
Is it more important to love … or to be loved? Valentine’s Day is an occasion to experience both.

If you have a Valentine, the Lochland Times would like to help you with a few ideas to make the holiday one to remember.

Valentine’s Day Cards

-The Times is spreading love by offering Valentine's to send to your loved one.
-choose from pre-written or blank cards.
-Drop them off at the Lochland Times, and we will surprise your Valentine on Feburary 14th!

Ice Skating at the Park

-Unity Park Ice Skating Rink is staying open through the winter, and is offering a Couple’s Skate for Valentine’s Day.
-Enjoy some some fabulous gourmet hot cocoa, coffee, or tea from the Hot Drink Stand, located next to the rink.
-Couples glove and hat sets available.

Sips n Splatters: Couples Paint

-Bring your favorite beverage and release your inner artist.
-Pre-drawn pictures, paint, and brushes provided.
-Couples work on two sides to the same picture, creating a something special with your Valentine.

WANT A VALENTINE?
Single? Worried you will be spending Valentines Day alone? Look no further. The Lochland Times is collaborating with the talented people at LoveMatch.com for the third year in a row to once again pair people up on exciting blind dates.

Sign ups are available at the Times building or online at LoveMatch.com/Lochland . Just fill out their simple questionnaire and wait wait for February 14th. All dating experiences are unique and tailored to your personal preferences.

The Dates

-Paid for! that's right, paid for. Enjoy!
-Every date is special, created just for you and your match.
-These dates may be blind, but they are safe. We will always have someone there to help if you feel uncomfortable.
-Fun. Getting to know people can be hard, but a little fun can break the ice.

Locations

-All locations were scouted ahead of time for comfort, availability, safety, and fun.
-Everything is located in and around Lochland County. No long car drives necessary!
-Will include a meal. No matter where your adventure takes you, there will be a romantic dinner waiting for you and your date.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 03:35 AM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Volunteers Needed to Shovel Snow for Elderly and Disabled
Lochland Special Report
The Lochland Helpers Committee is looking for volunteers for the Weather Responders. The Weather Responders are individuals who have agreed to remove snow from the sidewalks and driveways of people who are over sixty and/or have disabilities.

About

This program was initiated in 2010 to keep seniors safe from falls on snow or ice during the harsh Lochland winter. Since it’s inception it has gathered momentum as a program and now includes those with-

-disabilities. For the safety of all involved, volunteers are required to complete a background check.

Volunteers Will...

Be deployed when there are 2 or more of inches snow, not ice.

complete the volunteer service within 24 hours after the winter event has ended.

clear a 35-inch pathway from door to sidewalk (including steps), immediate sidewalk that spans the property, and entryway to street.

(NOTE: if needed, we can provide you with a shovel and salt.)

Volunteers Won't...

Enter resident’s homes.

solicit or accept money, tips, gifts, etc.

clear snow off of cars, multiple entry/exit points, driveways, alleyways, roofs, etc.

If you or someone you know might be interested, please contact the Lochland Times.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 03:36 AM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
No. 30Lochland's Most Reliable News February 2018
The Craziness of Lochland Grove
Hello again Lochland! This month I've been busy. The positive feedback we've gotten has been enough encouragement to give you one more dose of how crazy Lochland Grove can be. So, sit back and enjoy!

ELSA WHO?

If you've ever taken a trip to the beach, chances are high that you've seen a sandcastle and if not then you're seriously missing out. Some of these creations are true works of art that take hours to construct and even have some ornate details carved into them. Did you know that they even have sandcastle building contests? It's a real thing that shut down strips of beach just so the creators have plenty of room and material to sculpt their masterpieces.

This winter we're reintroducing the winter edition that incorporates all the creative beauty of sand castles without worrying about getting sand in all the nooks and crannies you didn't know you had. Snow-castles! Okay, so it's snow, ice, and hay bundles for support but still. These winter sculptures are sure to ent-ICE people of all ages as part of the Hartford Ice Festival, the event even boasts a completely interactive and life-size ice palace that even the ice queen Elsa would be in awe of!

The palace is unlike anything we've ever seen and is open to the public for exploring as well. The structure can support up to fifty guests at a time and encourages people to come inside and see what the interior of a frozen palace would be like. The ice castle is illuminated with colorful lights that add more magic to the experience and if that wasn't enough, the twenty-foot structure is the perfect vantage point to watch the end of day fireworks. This place is the definition of a winter wonderland and sure to be an experience you'll never forget.

PLOW PLAYTIME

We’ve all been bored at work one time or another in our lifetimes. Not me, I get the pleasure of enticing all of Lochland with juicy gossip and there's nothing dull about that but in less enthralling jobs there are always moments of inactivity. All you lovelies know that I wouldn't bring this up without cause, but before we get into that I want you to think back on the craziest thing you've ever done while 'on the clock'.

One thing no one can deny is that Lochland sees it's fair share of snow in these brisk winter months, some love it and some hate it but we all deal with it. However, no one has more experience with this pretty powder than our trusty snow plow drivers and it seems that this year the local drivers decided to make things a bit more interesting.

An eye witness said that he had seen two plows racing. Someone better tell Nascar to move over because Lochland has discovered racing that can't be stopped by bad weather. It's not nearly as fast paced as traditional racing but imagine pushing a mountain of snow piled so high it blocks the drivers view! The plows top speed was a whopping forty-five miles per hour but it's not all about speed, folks.

Nope, the goal in snow plow racing is clearing more snow than the opposing driver, collecting a bigger pile of snow, and leaving something pretty behind for the fans to look at. Crop circles don't have anything on snow plow races!

I know what you're thinking next, 'what about all the extra snow?' I've got an answer for that too! At the end of the races the snow is fair game for an all out snowball fight. Who knew such an ingenious idea was trapped in the mind of a few small town plow drivers? I think we've found Lochland's new favorite winter game!

RESQUE RAWLINGS

Come one, come all, and see the marvelous unraveling of the Zachary Rawlings case! I almost hope you haven't heard yet because I just love being the bearer of juicy news but if you already know then, by all means, back me up on this.

We have it on good authority that our very own murder suspect, Mr. Rawlings, has refuted his own alibi. You didn't read that wrong. A woman came forward claiming that she was with Mr. Rawlings the entire night of the murder and giving him a perfect shot of bail. Miss Prillis gave the whole scoop to our reporters and claimed that she and Mr. Rawlings had seen each other often. "We didn't have a set schedule or anything, but a few times a week at least." She recounted to us at The Times when explaining how often she and our favorite inmate would meet up.

Zachary was 'unavailable' for comment on the matter but we're willing to hazard a guess that he's in such denial due to Miss Prillis' career path. Now, we're not saying that Zachary is or isn't a man with wholesome values, that's for our lovely readers to decide, but we do know that this alibi would have come with a hit right in the pride for Mr. Rawlings. That's right, Mrs. Prillis is a lady of the night, a woman who charges for her various forms of companionship. Naughty woman.

Though not near as naughty as we're finding out Zachary can be. How many other secrets are you hiding in that ice cream truck freezer of your, Mr. Rawlings? Arrested and awaiting trial with some pretty solid evidence mounting against him, the man behind Tasty Treats is trying to save a little face and any part of his reputation that he can. What do you lovely readers think? Is our favorite twisted Tasty Treats vendor too far from salvation?

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 03:38 AM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Ask Lochland : A Pool? An Amusement Park? Neither?
Lochland Special Report
Basil Kaya
"Honestly neither sound appealing to me. The fitness center has an indoor pool accessible at any time of year. As a flood survivor, I can recall the struggle the community had when they tried balancing the new population. What would an amusement park do? "

Lenny Neroni
"An outdoor pool would totally be cooler. It would be great for the summer when it's hot and everyone can hangout in their swim shorts and stuff... But I guess an amusement park would be cool too. Hey, what about a water park?!"

Nikolai Mozarov
"Well, Lochland could certainly benefit from an amusement park. Legal forms of entertainment are always a good thing."

Colton Spade
"An amusement park? Yeah, sure. I'd way rather have gotten in trouble at an amusement park when I was younger instead of the Log Mill. Maybe it'll keep kids out of trouble or something. Wait did you say this was for the paper? Crap"

Joshua Caminero
“Oh wow, an amusement park would be totally rad! I’ve never even thought about it, but now that you mention it, we totally need this. How have we managed so far without one?”

Sabrina Harrison
"No. We have a specific culture and cutting out an area for something like that wouldn’t fit. I don’t know why people would even come out this far for that."

Grace Miller
"I honestly think an Amusement Park would stick out like a sore thumb in this otherwise beautiful and pleasant town. If the decision is made to build one, it will be a foolish one."

Ru Hadley
"An amusement park sounds like somewhere I'd visit, depending on how good it is. Its all about how fast and high the rides are. If they're all mediocre.. I don't know if it would be worth it. I'd probably still go just to check it out. "

Aleksandra Petrova
"To be honest I wouldn't mind either one. As a mother of an 8 year old I believe either one would be fine. But I have to take into account future birthday party locations and I believe the amusement park would be better. It would be open longer during the year than a pool that would be open just during summer months."

Cora Birchwood
“Ooooh that sounds like fun! I love amusement parks! The rides, the games. My favorite is the food, though. Sometimes these parks have the most amazing treats. And think of the job growth! Engineers, security, vendor jobs, I think it would actually be really good for Lochland.”

Ian Stuart
"I think it could be good to have an amusement park. We’re secluded, so having more to do around the area is nice."

Jason Kelley
"A pool would be a better choice then an amusement park. Does the town need more traffic then we have?"

Zoey Tam
"I'm an amusement park junkie. I can't say I'd hate having one.!"

Casey Wallace
"I suppose need is a relative term. Personally, I like the idea. I like anything that gives children another place to go and explore, to get them out of the house, and to spend time with their families and friends. Plus, where else am I going to get my cotton candy fix?"

Kyler Landon
" I don't know, maybe. It would be fun to have one close by I guess and probably create more jobs... or something."

Michelle Cordero
"As much as I love amusement park rides, I don't think it's in Lochland's best interests right now."

Kieran Hill
"No, it's completely unnecessary! This isn't Disney World. If anything is to be done with the extra land then it should be for more housing."

Laylah Stone
"Giving the town something like this could greatly increase jobs for younger people, and pore tially draw tourists for an entirely different reason. I say go for it. It can only improve the town."

Nina Wallace
"I think it's not something that the town needs, but I think it could also be helpful? It might promote tourism to our town, but I also feel that something like that could have its consequences. I love Lochland because of the picturesque places and how everyone knows everyone. It's a nice, quiet town that has its surprising news sometimes. Personally, I think an amusement park is best reserved for a bigger and busier city instead of ours, but if the local government thinks it could be good for the town and generate some income for it, then perhaps it's okay."

Theo Elliot
"Judging by the obvious fact that the town has thrived without an amusement park up to this point I would say it is rather evident that Lochland does not need one. Hm. In the most basic meaning, amusement parks are not necessary at all."

Bernard Tankevwe
"Pool, Amusement park, both bring with them their own risks and injuries. Personally I think a pool you didn't need a gym membership for would be better for the community. Besides it'd have a life guard, unlike most of the lake where we get called out to for emergencies."

Luca Barzetti
"I don't care. I don't go to those stupid things anyway."

Annelise Lochland
"I can't imagine having an amusement park in Lochland. We already have a thriving tourism business and so much beauty. I would be afraid that an installation of something that size would ruin what we have. "

Jorge Cervantes
"“No. Why do you want to invite that element to the town? Maybe use the money to fund the school system, pay people better wages, or, I dunno, anything else that’s actually useful?”"

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 03:38 AM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Ask Norma
Lochland Special Report
DEAR NORMA: I have a question for Valentine's day and gifts. My girl loves flowers but is totally allergic to them, and she says chocolate makes her hips fat even if it’s totally not true. A stuffed animal isn’t going to cut it and a ‘romantic dinner’ seems cheesy. ---- GIFTSTER

DEAR GIFTSTER: If your girl loves flowers, get her flowers. Perhaps a golden-hued rose? A delicate porcelain poesy. A peck of pressed pansies. Or a silk sunflower. If you want to give her something she can look after, perhaps a potted plant. There are some flowers which seem to have no effect on people with allergies, I’d suggest doing a quick google search to find the best option for your girl.

DEAR NORMA: I think my favorite pizza place is stealing the toppings off my pizzas! Every time I order from them, when I get my food there are fewer toppings than the time before and I think the delivery guy is picking them off while he drives! I don't want to complain to the manager until I have proof, what would you suggest to help me catch this topping thief? --- TAKE A PIZZA THIS

DEAR PIZZA: Report the concern to his manager immediately. Besides being downright rude, I believe this should be considered some kind of health code violation. Or, alternatively, you could always ask for a certain number of pepperonis in the ‘Other Instructions’ box when you-

-order online, this way you would know if any were missing upon arrival.

DEAR NORMA: I've been seeing this guy for a little while now. I know that I love him but we had an accidental run-in with my family not too long ago and it's pretty obvious they don't like him anywhere near as much as I do. I'm not all that close to my family anyway but is bad that they don't like him? Most of the reasons are just crappy excuses but I guess some of the points are valid but none of it really bothers me. I guess what I'm asking is, does it matter that they don't like each other if they'll never be around each other? --- FAMILY MATTERS?

DEAR MATTERS: It’s a fine line you walk, but my advice would have to be: No. Your family will have to accept that this is your happiness, not theirs, and your future, even if you want them to be a part of it. So long as it is a healthy, loving relationship, you shouldn’t need to worry what your family thinks. They will either learn to live with it or not.

DEAR NORMA: I hate my girlfriend's taste in music. Seriously, it's horrible! I really like her otherwise but I swear if I have to hear her off-key rendition of 'Achy Breaky Heart' one more time I may stuff a sock in her mouth. Should I suffer in silence or is there a nice way to tell her that I don't like her music when the professionals sing it and I really am not a fan of her versions? --- ACHY BREAKY EARS

DEAR EARS: Sometimes we suffer for the ones we care for.

DEAR NORMA: I found out recently that I might have a niece I didn't know about, well my sibling didn't know about her either so it's natural that I wouldn't have. Anyway, my brother is still in shock about it, that's understandable though because it's not every day you get accused of having a teenage kid you had no clue about, right? Well, the potential niece, she asked me, very indirectly, if I'd take a blood test to prove we're related if my brother doesn't want to. I'm torn. I feel like that would be a pretty big betrayal toward my brother but I want the girl to know for sure where she comes from too and if she's got the wrong guy then she should know so she can keep looking, right? It hasn't come up again since but I've been thinking about it and I just don't know what I would do if it came to that. --- OH BROTHER

DEAR oh: I suggest speaking to your brother about it, no doubt he’s as shocked as you say. Let him know that the girl has indirectly asked for a blood sample from you. Trust and honesty may be the best situation here. Let him know you are on his side but tell him you also feel this girl has the right to know where she comes from. If the test comes back as negative, he has no need to worry and life goes on. If positive, he may need a friend. You sound very close to your brother, perhaps what he needs is a supportive sibling.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 03:39 AM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
No. 30Lochland's Most Reliable News February 2018
Your Horoscope
ARIES
( March 21 - April 19)
It’s best to make sure that all aspects of your life are balanced; mind, body, and soul. Take care of yourself. Meditate, eat right, and bond with those you love; life is precious and fleeting.

TAURUS
(April 20 - May 20)
Helping others, being responsible, and pushing yourself to be productive have been your focus for so long. The seeds you’ve sown are about to bloom. It is time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

GEMINI
(May 21 - June 21)
Whatever problems you’ve had in your life are about to be solved. The solution is simple and right in front of your eyes. Be prepared to take it, sweet Gemini, good things come to the proactive.

CANCER
( June 22 - July 22)
Being a leader is good, but it is important to let others have the spotlight. Not only will it give someone else a chance to share ideas, but it’ll also give you a chance to lesson your stress and relieve some of your responsibility.

LEO
(July 23 - August 22 )
When all seems dark and everything is pressing in, remember that even the longest darkest tunnels eventually end in a bright shining light. Just hold on a little longer. Everything is going to be alright.

VIRGO
(August 23 - September 22)
Biting your tongue, turning the other cheek? Now is when you need to step up and make your authority known. If you ever want any respect in life, then you need to reach out and demand it. Respect leads to progress which leads to success.

LIBRA
(September 23 - October 22)
Put a little of your time aside for your significant other. They've been pining for you and it's only right that you show them the attention that they so deserve. You'll be a little happier for it too.

SCORPIO
(October 23 - November 21)
A big decision is coming up, so start to prepare yourself by practicing mental clarity and sensibility. The answers always lie within.

SAGITARIOUS
(November 22 - December 21)
With everything that you've been doing and all of the energy that you've had lately, you may start to notice some unfinished projects. Don't let them sit and collect dust. Finish and perfect all of your creations!

CAPRICORN
(December 22 - January 19)
There was a betrayal that happened to you recently and you may not know how to handle it. The best way to deal with someone who hurt you is not to hurt them back: it is to go on living despite the trouble that's been given to you. Rebuilding your life, instead of living for revenge, is what will lead to ultimate happiness for you.

AQUARIUS
(January 20 - February 18)
Big things are coming your way. Be sure to keep your eyes, mind, and heart open. You never know what sort of positive energy is coming your way.

PISCES
(February 19 - March 20)
Life is going good for you so keep focused on keeping things positive. Don’t let past behaviors and bad habits turn into preventable mistakes.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 03:40 AM
The Admins

COSMIC LOVE

Don't just give your valentine the world, give them the cosmos.

Show that special someone that they are the center of your universe by giving them a piece of jewelry that sparkles like all the billions of stars in the sky. The Cosmic Love collection includes pieces that are sure to dazzle no matter if your valentine likes diamonds, pearls, gemstones, or opals; there is somethings for everyone to be found here. This Valentine's day you won't find any gift more captivating than one from Forever Jewelry's Cosmic Love collection. The allure of these fine gems and jewels will express your true feelings until the end of time and space and each piece is hand crafted and unique so you're sure to find something perfect for your sweetheart this holiday!

Forever Jewelry
Main Street, Lochland Grove.

SAY IT WITH FLOWERS

Scent-sational Sentiments

Valentine’s Day will soon be here. Let the staff of Plum Street Floral help you select the perfect floral arrangement to express your heart’s fondest wishes.

Our friendly and knowledgeable staff can't wait to help you express your truest feelings with floral art this Valentine's day! We offer a wide variety of arrangements that are sure to show that special someone just how much they mean to you during this season of love. Roses are a classic but our specialists are great at breaking away from the norm and creating bouquets and other flawless displays that will declare love better than any other avenue.

For Valentines Day and all of Life’s celebrations, remember Plum street Floral.

Located on Plum Avenue, Lochland Grove.

GOURMET CHOCOLATES

Confection Confessions

Give the gift of Valentine chocolates made to delight sweethearts, spouses, and grandkids alike. Our chocolates are made with all the love that you want to show to someone special. Every thoughtful touch counts - from sumptuous designs to hand tied bows and small-batch chocolates made right here in Lochland Grove. Personalization is our specialty and we can't wait to help you send a sweet treat to your loved one that truly speaks to their heart and their taste buds. Choose from chocolate heart boxes, gorgeous gift baskets, a frog on a white chocolate lilipad, and more, the only limitation is your imagination!

Candy Hearts Chocolatier
Plum Avenue, Lochland Grove.

50 SHADES OF CAKES

Custom cakes that are naughty and nice.

Plum Street Bakery is your local one stop sweet shop all year round but our bakers like to go all out during the season of love. There is no better way to show how much you care than by personalizing a perfect pastry that is predestined to tantalize their tongue.

No matter if they prefer the a classic torte or something a little more naughty, Plum Street bakers are ready to help ensure your Valentine's day is one to be remembered.

Plum Street Bakery
Plum Avenue, Lochland Grove.

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll