February 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

The Lochland Times has opened their doors to Lochland Grove students to help write April's newspaper. What did they write about? Rain, illegal hunting traps, fireman's breakfasts, art exhibitions, and so much more.

You'll have to look inside to see.

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

ASK JAYA
(Click Here!)

May is Jaya's birthday month, and we'd like to celebrate with our very first 'ask the staff' interview!

Check out our information page for rules. We will hand them over on May 5th and post them on our May Announcements thread.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

April 14th
Whoa! A New Newspaper!

April 8th
The Activity Check is over!

April 1st
Activity Check!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

The Lochland Times, Edition 31
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 02:42 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
No. 31Lochland's Most Reliable NewsMarch 2018
March Madness: Fun Activities from the 1st to the 31st
Lochland Special Report
March is here, and with it comes a wealth of Community Activities. While you could turn to the Town’s Monthly calender, the Lochland Times would like to make life a little easier.

PLAYS AND MUSICALS

Looking Glass Playhouse
A community theater located in historic downtown Lochland Grove. Formed from local talent, the Playhouse ventures to push boundaries while also bringing classics of musical theater and plays to life.

Showing: The Wizard of Oz
March 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18

There truly is no place like home as the greatest family musical of all time, the wonderful WIZARD OF OZ, twists its way onto the Playhouse stage!

Pratt Center for the Arts

A 488-seat auditorium is located on the Lochland Community College Campus that presents world class dance, drama, classical music, and jazz.

Showing: BORN YESTERDAY
March 2 @ 8:00 p.m.
March 3 @ 4:00 p.m.
March 4 @ 2:00 p.m.

Junkyard tycoon Harry Brock swaggers into Washington, D.C., determined to buy a senator or two. The monkey wrench in his schemes is Billie Dawn, his seemingly dim-witted ex-showgirl girlfriend. But when Brock hires a reporter to tutor Billie, she rapidly comes into her own as a force to be reckoned with. This sharp and snappy comedy hilariously skewers Beltway corruption.

Showing: THE HUMANS
March 30 @ 8:00 p.m.
March 31 @ 4:00 p.m.
April 1 @ 2:00 p.m.

The Humans is an impossible play to pigeonhole: you could call it a family drama with a dark comedic streak, or a grounded look at human relationships with supernatural elements lurking in the shadows.

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

Remember to 'Spring Forward' on March 11th at 2 A.M., when Daylight Savings Time beings. Though your cellphones and smart devices should change automatically, don’t forget to turn those manual bedside alarm clocks forward, or you could risk oversleeping and being late the next day.

ST PATRICK'S DAY

Pick up a pound of corned beef and a head of cabbage, it is time for green beer, leprechauns, and everything Irish. Lochland-

-Grove loves to celebrate, and St Patrick’s Day is no exception! Come join in the festivities on March 17th!

Holiday Parade

Start Time: 1:00 P.M.
Finish Time: 4:00 P.M.

With a variety of spectacular floats from local businesses and townspeople all led by the August Whitmore School band, it'll be a day of fun for all ages.

The parade is due to kick off outside the Town Hall and will circle around the oldest areas of the town throughout the day until it reaches its conclusion at Unity Park.

Be sure to get there early in order to get a seat and remember to plan travel accordingly as many of Lochland's busiest streets will be closed for this event.

Bar Crawl

March 17 8pm-11pm
March 18 2pm-5pm
March 18 7pm-11pm

Lucky Joe’s Irish Entertainment invites you to come enjoy their one-of-a-kind St Patrick’s Day Bar Crawl. Offering Irish Music, Dance, and Comedy, the Crawl is full of both Culture and fun. Every tour comes with a free mug to remember the experience.

Children's Crafts

Starting: 9:30 A.M.
Ending: 12:30 P.M.

Lochland Community College would like to invite families with children ages 3-14 to come visit for a morning of crafting fun. Shaw Hall, home of the Education Department, will open its classrooms with creative St Patrick's Day Crafts available within.

A few of the crafts available are:

Shamrock Wreathes
Fingerprint Rainbows
Origami Shamrock
Pot'o'Gold Collage
Clay Rainbow Magnet
Treasure Slime

....And much much more!

Plum Street Discounts

Starting: 5:00 P.M.
Ending: 9:00 P.M.

In the mood to shop on St Patrick's Day? Wear green and receive a discount at any of the Plum Avenue Stores.

1ST DAY OF SPRING

If you are not a fan of winter, don't panic! Tuesday, March 20, 2018, will mark the Vernal Equinox, also known as the first day of Spring.

The Lochland Garden Society

This year the Lochland Garden Society hopes to help new gardeners get a good start. To celebrate the first day or spring they are holding a 'Spring into Gardening' party. Located at the Looseleaf Bookstore. The party will include a discussion on good vegetables for the Lochland soil along with a free seed kit to get started and a signed copy of 'Lochland Grove's Garden Secrets'. Author Lilian Bates, co-founder of the garden society will be in attendance for questions. Food and drinks will also be available.

Fitness Center Class Sign-Ups

It is time for another block of fun classes and activities. Sign-Ups for the Children's glasses along with adult classes start March 20th and will continue through April 1st.

Swimming
Gymnastics
Zumba
Yoga
Youth Basketball
Youth Soccer
Volleyball
And much much more!

For more information, please contact the Fitness Center.

TOWN-WIDE YARD SALE
It’s time to hunt for some second-hand treasures. Not a Leprechaun’s pot of gold, but the Town-Wide Spring Yard Sale on March 24th.

Why Go Look?

-The Venders are your neighbors, get to know the people in your neighborhood.

-Help keep things from going into a landfill, find a great item for an amazing value

-Get outside! Winter is finally gone and it’s time to say hello to nature again. Feel free to bring your pets!

Running a Yard Sale?

Running a yardsale can be a great experience and a wonderful way to get rid of old things. If you are thinking of participating this year, here are a few things you should know. When: Mart 24, 8 A.M.

Where: West and East Lochland

Registering: Registering your Yard Sale will get your street listed in the official Lochland Grove manual as a participant.

-Talk to a clerk at Town Hall
-Have Proof of residency
-Pick up your free 'yard sale' sign

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 02:50 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Don’t Miss a One-of-a-Kind Bar Crawl Experience
Lochland Special Report
Skip the regular bars and join in the riotous festivities of the St Patrick’s Day Bar Crawl! Lucky Joe’s Irish Entertainment has returned to Lochland Grove to offer a taste of Irish culture along with your beer.

What can you expect from Irish Joe’s?

Crazy Comedy!
Irish Drinking Songs!
Cultural Dancers!
6 Beer Tents
One GREAT show!

Everything you could possibly want this St Patrick’s Day.

New this year: a corned beef meal before all the craziness begins. Enjoy traditional Irish food made to pad the stomach before clinking together your mugs of Ale over the harmony of bawdy tunes.

Best of all, the entire experience doesn’t require a car. Enjoy a ride on the Party bus from Unity Park in Lochland proper to the spacious Stone Lake Park full of numerous party tents and entertainment. There is no room for boring. Every tour guide has games to play and an adventure to to enjoy.

Pub Crawl Information:
(Must be 21+ with a valid ID)
$25 per person
The mug is FREE!

Bar Crawl Times:
(Includes Bus Ride)

March 17 8pm-11pm
March 18 2pm-5pm
March 18 7pm-11pm

Where to meet:
Unity Park

Every tour comes with a free collectable mug. Proceeds go to help the Lucky Joe’s and all of their staff.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:27 AM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Council In Meetings After Surprising Town-Wide Vote
Lochland Special Report
Town Hall is scrambling after an unexpected outcome to what was assumed would be an easy vote.

Lochland Grove Citizens recently convened for a vote over minor town issues along with the much awaited decision over the Unity Park Pool currently awaiting development. The pool was a much talked over subject after last summer, when temperatures sky-rocketed to record highs. Two separate votes were needed to move past the planning stages; one being a tax increase and the other being permission to use the new funds to build it. Many Council members felt that this was a mere courtesy vote, and that already prepared plans would go into motion shortly after the vote was counted. The end result was certainly not what was expected. They have voted for the tax increase, but not the use of the money. Perhaps things were not as cut and dried as was previously believed.” Lamented Mayor Lochland. We will, of course,-

- be open about what will be done with the newly acquired funds.” Transparency is a topic that the Mayor spoke of greatly during his re-election. Never one to stray from difficult challenges, he has always tried to remain steady in his decisions.

When delving into the issue, The Lochland Times was able to bring some answers to light. Surveys found that older residents and families already using the fitness center felt that money could be spent better elsewhere while younger residents preferred the idea of an outdoor pool. It was also attained that the Times may have played a role in community awareness of the topic, creating an opposition to what had been considered a certain end.

Whatever the cause, our town’s voices have been heard. A small vocal minority are requesting a recount and wonder if someone had may have messed with the vote. Federal news about-

-current events may have influenced this concern. Lawmakers feel otherwise, however. ”There was no tampering. That has been looked into. What we have here is the voice of the community.” One Councilwoman explained in a short interview. “It is our duty as Council members to hear it. “

What will happen next? Will there be a new vote? Little has been announced. Since the Council’s meeting yesterday there are several proposals on the table in regards to where the new funds go. Legally there are strict regulations to follow. The most likely place is into emergency programs and continued town maintenance. With half the council up for re-election this year, every decision matters. What had originally started as a well intentioned idea has now blossomed into something much more complex. Above all, everyone hopes that the outcome will be the one that best serves Lochland Grove.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 02:13 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Farewell Cowboy: The End of an Ice Cream Feud
Lochland Special Report
It is no secret in my family that I love old westerns. I used to sit and watch them with my grandfather in the evening hours when there was nothing to do. The pair of us could sit for hours at a time if anyone would let us. There was excitement, romance, and sometimes a ride into the sunset. As a journalist I been watching the turf war between Ice Cream Man Zachary Rawlings and his rival, Ice Cream Dream through the eyes of a Westerns fan.

When I first covered the feud, I quickly realized that the owner of Ice Cream Dream was like a caring hero who wanted no publicity for himself. He donated money often, refused to have his name in the paper, and was kind enough to once pay for a locksmith so I could get in my car after an interview. His-

-personality was so opposed to the hot-headed Mister Rawlings that it made every story I wrote more comical. Rawlings had was the angry outlaw stepping onto new territory with the motivation that he would make it his own with violence and shrewd dealings. Roughing up employees of Dream every time he met them. The Owner of Dream, let’s call him Dan, would react by giving out raises and speaking to law enforcement about routes to monitor.

I had originally planned on writing this piece about Florida man, but after meeting with old Dan at his hot coco truck two days before the Skating Rink Closed, I was inspired. Apparently He is leaving Lochland Grove now that Rawlings is behind bars. When pressed he only said that it-

-was time for a change of pace, something a hero might say after a long fight for the greater good. Our feud was ending.

Now, of course this wouldn’t be one of my articles if we didn’t have some humor thrown in. In case you haven’t heard, and no one is judging if you haven’t, Rawlings made a very public that he was pleased with his rival’s departure. Against the judgment of his lawyer no less! The angry man exclaimed to journalists while exiting the courthouse. "He would have been out of here sooner if I had a say." . It feels almost like the end of an old western. The old villain shakes his fist through the bars of the county jail as he watches his old nemisis ride off into the sunset.

Fairwell, Cowboy Dan. Next Month: Florida Man!

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 01:26 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Ask Lochland : What do you look forward to this month?
Lochland Special Report
March is a month of many things. It is full of newness and celebration, craziness and discovery. Lochland’s calender is full of things to come. What are you looking forward to this month? Colton Spade
"First day of spring is worth celebrating I guess. Looking forward to that."

Grace Miller
"The Plays! I love seeing a great play, and I know my daughter will enjoy the Wizard of Oz."

Rupert Hadley
"I’ve been looking forward to Spring in general for a while. It’ll be nice not having to do my morning runs in darkness! It’s also great to see nature waking up again after the winter, especially the birds. "

Destiny Hamilton
"The yard sale. I love bargain hunting!"

Casey Wallace
"Beware the Ides of March! Which is something I actually hold to. ...not the assassination of Julius Caesar part, but the settling your debts part. That's what the day originally marked - at least as I understood it. Considering tax day is only about a month following, it's a good time to get your ducks in a row before Uncle Sam comes wandering up with his hand out."

Cora Birchwood
"Warm weather at last! I'll finally be able to break out my short shorts!"

Zoe Kennedy
"Besides March being my birthday month, I'm definitely looking forward to the first day of Spring! That means warmer weather is on the way."

Darrell McGuiness
"BASEBALL SEASON!

Wendy Jaskolski
"The Spring Town Yard Sale! You find all kinds of goodies every year! And the theater putting on some plays. I try to go a few times every year at least. It's important to support our local theater! "

Jorge Cervantes
"Random showtune flash mobs, junk everywhere, losing sleep, green-hued drunken revelry, and seasonal allergies...how long until winter again?"

Luca Barzetti
"I don't really care but if I had to pick somethin' to look forward to, it'd be St Patrick's Day. At least there's drinkin' to be had."

Annelise Lochland
Spring crafts! Gardening! Um, flowers, PTA fundraisers, swim lesson sign ups, the yard sales.. so many things. Then next month we have Easter!

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Ask Norma
Lochland Special Report
DEAR NORMA:
Long story short, I recently got temporary custody of my cousins kid and she’s allergic to my dog. I’ve been keeping them separated for now but it hardly seems fair to lock my dog up all day and I don’t think I could see myself giving up my fur baby either. What can I do?
---- FUREVER TOGETHER

DEAR FUREVER:
This is a unhappy situation, to say the least. My first suggestion would to be try having your new charge take the appropriate allergy medication. It could be as simple as an over the counter taking the edge off and allowing everyone to live happily ever after. The next step would to be to schedule a doctor’s appointment and request input from your doctor as to whether or not there is a stronger allergy medication that could help, if over the counter doesn’t work. Another suggestion would to be changing your dog’s shampoo to one that might help control shedding, or regularly taking your dog to the groomers for a deshedding. Cutting down on the amount of dog hair in the house and air may also help.

DEAR NORMA:
A few weeks ago I stumbled upon the fact that my brother is a recreational drug user. I tried talking to him about it but I don’t think he’s taking me seriously and I’m concerned for his well being. I don’t want to turn him in or anything but I’m not sure what else I can do and watching him struggle to support his habit is making matters worse.
--- HELP A BROTHER OUT

DEAR BROTHER:
There are some situations which are out of our control. Ask your brother to have a sit down with you and lay out the facts. Let him know how this is impacting the rest of the family and that if he wishes to drop the habit he has your full support. Tell him watching him struggle weighs heavily on you. He may not quit, he may not want to listen.-

- It may be left up to you to sit back and bite your tongue while he partakes, but you have at this point made it clear you are not happy with it, although not angry with him. So long as his habits are not directly hurting anyone else, there is little you may be able to do. Reporting him may create a rift between you and him.

DEAR NORMA:
My significant other is great, very supportive and understanding. We’ve been together for a few years and never had any real issues but lately I’m noticing a downward spiral. He has no motivation to do anything. I don’t mind being the ‘bread winner’ of the family but I want him to have something to do that isn’t binge watching television all day. Is there a delicate way to bring this up? Is it even a real problem or am I just being sensitive?
--- OH HONEY

DEAR HONEY:
There may be something going on on a deeper level with your dear husband and his sudden spiral downward. It could be more than just lack of interest in his day to day activities. My first thought is Depression. Have a sit down with your husband, T.V. off, and use a gentle tone. Tell him you are concerned and ask how he feels, then bring up your observations to him. This could be a simple solution of not having enough you-time and him acting out for attention. It could be a deeper matter. Reach out to your husband and have a heart to heart to make sure everything is okay. If so, consider asking what he thinks would help shake him up again and return him to his usual self. Best wishes.

DEAR NORMA:
I overheard my boss talking about cutbacks that the company will be making. I’m good at my job so I wasn’t too worried at the time but then I got an email. It was forwarded to me on accident and -

- contained a list of employees who were getting the axe. My name was on it. I can find other work but I like this company and I thought they liked me. Should I plead my case or just accept my fate and start looking for new work?
--- CC

DEAR CC:
I suggest professionally approaching your boss with a print out showing you were CCed on the e-mail. Let him know that the accidental forwarding had occurred and that you had read the e-mail, finding your name contained therein. Ask to have a sit down with your boss at another time, as he or she may be too busy then, and when that time comes ask them to clarify why your name is on the list. Let them know how that you enjoy the opportunity to work there and would look forward to continuing work if given the chance. Standing up for yourself could only help, even if they have already made up their minds.

DEAR NORMA:
I’m a new mom and I knew this would be an adjustment but I wasn’t expecting the problem to be with my husband. I nurse my child and am very passionate about my right to do so but my husband is constantly trying to get me to cover up, even when we’re alone. How do I talk to him about it without starting an argument?.
--- BOOBIES FOR MILK

DEAR MILK:
Ask your husband, delicately, why the sight of you feeding your child makes him uncomfortable. It isn’t as if he hasn’t seen your breasts before, or at least I assume. If his reasoning is unreasonable, stand your ground. You have the right to be comfortable in your own home while feeding your child. If it makes him so uncomfortable, he can temporarily relocate in the house while you feed. This should not be a big deal for him. He is a grown man, after all.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
The Admins

The Lochland Times
No. 31Lochland's Most Reliable News March 2018
Your Horoscope
ARIES
( March 21 - April 19)
With spring drawing closer and the frigidity of the winter months waning, you may feel your energy levels rising. Take advantage of this and plan something adventurous! Shake off any of those lingering winter blues!

TAURUS
(April 20 - May 20)
Let go of the grudges you may be holding. This is the time to set yourself free of negativity and focus on the bright horizons that await you. Your warm-hearted personality will thank you for it and you’ll feel a little freer.

GEMINI
(May 21 - June 21)
Stand firm. If you believe in something and want to see it happen, you have to stick to the program and not wander in and out like you have done in the past.

CANCER
( June 22 - July 22)
Emotions are running high and that’s okay. Let things run their course and don’t be afraid to take a mental health day if you need it! Rest assured that happiness is just around the corner.

LEO
(July 23 - August 22 )
While you may be feeling large and in charge it is important to remember the people who have helped you along the way. Take a chance to encourage others and set a positive example for those who might need a positive role model.

VIRGO
(August 23 - September 22)
Not everyone is as detail oriented as you are, and while this can be annoying it simply means that you lead the way when it comes to always being ahead of the game in the organizational department.

LIBRA
(September 23 - October 22)
Be careful of the company you keep. Take the time to really invest in your relationships. It may be difficult to fight your romanticism but it will be worth it in the end.

SCORPIO
(October 23 - November 21)
There are challenges everywhere around you right now and while you do enjoy a challenge, not all of them are fun are they? Stop trying to outdo yourself and instead just rest on your very impressive laurels.

SAGITARIOUS
(November 22 - December 21)
Your optimism needs to be nurtured this month. Remember to take the time to invest in your own happiness and revitalize your rose-tinted glasses. The world needs people like you to help spread positivity so make sure you’re taking extra care of yourself.

CAPRICORN
(December 22 - January 19)
It’s time to shake up the monotony of routine and gear your ambition towards something new. Remind yourself that you’re capable of anything, let your determination be an example for others.

AQUARIUS
(January 20 - February 18)
Speak up today if you feel something isn’t right or you are being unfairly judged or treated. There’s no point suffering in silence after all like so many people do.

PISCES
(February 19 - March 20)
Sympathy is in your nature, and In the upcoming days your loved ones will need you. Be there for them, but do not let this become a burden to you. Your own well-being is always important.

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll