A new announcement is up Here
All Blind Dates and Valentines have been sent!
The Activity Check has ended!
A new newspaper can be found Here
The Activity Check is Here
Rules and Plot
|Lochland Grove Admins
In the 19th century, the small village of Lochland Grove survived a serial killer. The tragedy took over three dozen lives, and the reasons for the killing were never truly discovered. Over the past centuries people have traveled to the town to try to figure out it’s mysteries. It has grown in size, catering to tourists obsessed with the more morbid pieces of American history it contains. Some even believe the ghost of Robert Lewis, the serial killer himself, haunts his killing grounds. A silly ghost story.
Today, the town considers itself to be made up of survivors. It survived the tragedy from centuries ago, and in 2014 the population swelled when it took in flood survivors from Louisiana. This once small village is now a nationally recognized beacon of charity. They are looking to the future now, proud of how far they have come.
But is that wise?
It has been over a hundred years since the death of Robert Lewis, but Lochland has not seen the end of tragedy. Something new is brewing. Something new or maybe something old; It is a mystery to everyone.
created by seanbear. of rpg-directory.com
|Lochland Grove Admins
- Before registering your character, if you don't have an OOC account, please make one. Register with whichever name you use in the cbox, and use that as your parent account for the sub-account feature. The sub-account feature isn't mandatory, but highly suggested. To upgrade your OOC account from 'Unsorted' to Player, post here. Please ask a staff member if you have questions.
- Please make sure to register your name Firstname Lastname, proper capitalization and no middle names. While we encourage you to pick an original name, characters are allowed to share names, no biggie if we have three 'Amber's running around. Check out the who's who if you're not cool with sharing a name.
- After registering, please try to at least post a Work in Progress application within a few days of creating your account.
- When applying for your character, please post your application in either the Completed Applications forum, or the Work in Progress forum if you don't finish it all in one sitting.
- Please use the application provided. We ask that you focus on quality over quantity, but do try to flesh out your character as much as possible.
- Take a look at the face claim list before choose your character's PB. All play-by's must be some form of celebrity. We encourage alt models and lesser known celebrities, however we do not allow the use of any face claims that do not have pictures that are obviously in the public domain (public domain includes, though is not limited to: professional photo shoots, promo shoots for films and music albums, and stills from films and tv. Basically, no facebook, myspace, or other obviously personal photos).
- When you finish your application, you may only bump it if it is in the work in progress subforum. Please be patient once your app is completed; we will review and approve it as soon as we can. Any members who are found to be pestering the admins via the cbox or PM to have their app approved faster will be given a warning.
- We have a character limit of 15. Before you make a new character, you need at least 20 in character posts with your previous one. IM's and text messaging threads don't count. Keep in mind, if we see you are not handling the amount of characters you have already, ie. keeping them active, we reserve the right to deny your ability to make more characters, and we will encourage you to archive any characters that are not getting used. It's only fair to those who may want the PB or occupation after all.
- Once approved, please post in our claims lists as soon as possible. We will let you know if you haven't, and we want to avoid chasing you around like naggy parents.
- No one is allowed to create a character that is ‘the murderer’. The murderer’s identity is a well kept secret of the staff. If you would like for the murderer to kill your character, information can be found Here. No one will be pressured to kill their characters, it will be a complete volunteer basis, and we value your right to play your characters however you like and for however long you like. Finally, please do not make relatives of the victims unless staff has given you permission; some of these characters will be integral to later plot.
- Due to the site's subject matter, you may not play a character under the age of 18. This means you may not play a high school student; even a senior.
- Before you begin roleplaying, please post a plotter in the appropriate forum. If you choose not to, please keep your plotting to PM; if we notice people pestering in the cbox for plots, we will ask you to keep plotting out of the cbox.
- We are a mature board, which means that we allow as much swearing, sex and violence as you can throw at us. However, to protect those that maybe want to avoid the more gory details, please put a [M] in your thread title if your thread contains anything sexually explicit or extremely violent. If your thread contains anything that might be considered "triggering", please indicate as such in the thread description. Triggering material can be drug or alcohol abuse, sexual, physical or verbal assault, and violence toward children or animals.
- We have a word count of 200 words; please remember to keep to this in all in-character posts.
- We ask that you stay active; we will have monthly activity checks to ensure this. Just posting a few times a month is enough for us.
- Basically, just don't be a jerk. Do unto others as you would have done unto you, blah blah blah. Standard stuff, right? Awesome.
- Any discrimination due to race, gender, sexuality etc will not tolerated. We want Lochland to be a comfortable place for everyone.
- Please remember to keep IC drama IC. Anyone found trying to start OOC drama will be dealt with accordingly.
- Patience is a virtue. Please remember that everyone has different schedules, and that nagging and begging for posts or otherwise is considered harassment and will not be tolerated.
- Regarding absences, we require that you post a thread in our absence forum in order to be saved from an AC sweep if you're going to be gone. Please make sure to include how long you will be gone; we give everyone a maximum of two months on absence, and you are not allowed to extend it unless you have spoken to a staff member privately and have provided a good reason. Please do not just jump from absence to absence; if you don't allow a reasonable amount of time to pass between absences, we will ask that you observe a "cool down" period.
- We work on a three strike system. If we need to speak to anyone about inflammatory or rule breaking behavior more than 3 times, you will be asked to leave the site, either temporarily or permanently.
- All members must have at least an avatar, and it must be 200x300 in size. Signatures are optional, but can only be a maximum of 500 wide.
- Please do not use graphics that include images containing nudity or otherwise sexually explicit material.
- Please limit the flashy gif stuff; it's fine in your plotters and applications and other things outside of the roleplaying area, but we'd like to limit it so everyone has a chance to have the optimal loading capabilities of the site. No gifs in posting templates.
created by seanbear. of rpg-directory.com
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)